PDA

View Full Version : Need to decide

pennybarry
16th February 2010, 12:20
Hi guys! Did you experience having job offers? What if the offers are not your first priorities?

Yesterday, I received a call from my ex boss. He said I can start today or tomorrow. I worked in his company for 3 years but only seasonal. Usually 8-10 month/ year. I worked with machine which I enjoy because it produces heat.:xxgrinning--00xx3: The rate is very good but what i don't like is being a seasonal worker. If I accept, I can have my holiday in the Philippines at the end of my contract this year which is fantastic.:BouncyHappy:

This morning the carehome I applied 2 months ago rang me. She said I can start in 2 weeks. :omg: It leads to permanency but I am not sure if I will enjoy the job. :doh

I applied in ASDA and they sent me application and sent back to them.
If lucky chosen for interview and got offer, I will surely accept the offer as this is on the top of my list. Second is I want to study more but my brain needs a break. :omg:

If you're in my shoes? How can you decide?:Brick:

KeithD
16th February 2010, 12:49
Forget the money, take the one you'll enjoy the most, no good spending life doing a miserable job.

Arthur Little
16th February 2010, 14:12
Forget the money, take the one you'll enjoy the most, no good spending life doing a miserable job.

True enough, Penny ... :iagree: ... it's 'job-satisfaction' that counts most - so long as the wage is enough for you and your husband to maintain a comfortable lifestyle, and allows you to enjoy an annual break with your mom and loved ones back home in the Phils, that's all that matters!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
16th February 2010, 14:13

that depends on how much the money was :rolleyes:

when does your old boss want you to start?

what about going to the care home for a day and seeing what its like ?? you might not like it :NoNo:
if you dont like it, go and accept your old bosses offer :D

liane
16th February 2010, 14:27
Ms. Penny, for me it would be the job I enjoy doing :)

ladymai
16th February 2010, 14:35
Hi guys! Did you experience having job offers? What if the offers are not your first priorities?

Yesterday, I received a call from my ex boss. He said I can start today or tomorrow. I worked in his company for 3 years but only seasonal. Usually 8-10 month/ year. I worked with machine which I enjoy because it produces heat.:xxgrinning--00xx3: The rate is very good but what i don't like is being a seasonal worker. If I accept, I can have my holiday in the Philippines at the end of my contract this year which is fantastic.:BouncyHappy:

This morning the carehome I applied 2 months ago rang me. She said I can start in 2 weeks. :omg: It leads to permanency but I am not sure if I will enjoy the job. :doh

If lucky chosen for interview and got offer, I will surely accept the offer as this is on the top of my list. Second is I want to study more but my brain needs a break. :omg:

:Erm: Hi! just add my opinion here ... I don't know how's life going you there still but I hope it make easy for you to do things. If am in your shoes I only do what make me happy for the work coz it is hard if you do the work that you not feel happy on it. I know you are a lovable woman especially doing work just go what you think is best and If you want to study more ... i guess you can do it if is it not make you harder mean make complicated to your daily works but yes, you need some rest especially on your self... i cant think for too much work just for me now im be la-on for working hard... joke.. good luck for you there :xxgrinning--00xx3:

RickyR
16th February 2010, 14:37
Tell your hubby to work and you can become a relaxed housewife hehe

jam07
16th February 2010, 14:50

:iagree: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
16th February 2010, 14:54
Thanks Boss! I tried to wake up my husband as he works night shift. As usual I got his "it's up to you" answer. But then I just want to inform him but my final decision is mine.
You are right boss. Yesterday I met a nurse in Edinburgh. He worked as nurse for 10 years here and he showed me his scars in his arms. He said that elderlies nails and you are not allowed to fight back so I do the cleaning job and left the carehomes. :omg:

True enough, Penny ... :iagree: ... it's 'job-satisfaction' that counts most - so long as the wage is enough for you and your husband to maintain a comfortable lifestyle, and allows you to enjoy an annual break with your mom and loved ones back home in the Phils, that's all that matters!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes Arth, That's why I want my old boss. There are some employees that are permanent and I am thinking why my boss can't make me permanent rather than seasonal if he really like my performance. Annual break is really fantastic.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

that depends on how much the money was :rolleyes:

when does your old boss want you to start?

what about going to the care home for a day and seeing what its like ?? you might not like it :NoNo:
if you dont like it, go and accept your old bosses offer :D
Thanks Joe
He rang me yesterday and said I can start today. My Mom in law said, I can make a request for a day staying at carehome and see if I will like it. I need to report today at Jobcentre and drop by and give my P45 to my old boss as I told him I am going to start this week.

I enjoy with machine because of it's heat, my boss is such a nice person too. But I told hubby if my ASDA will be successful, I will give up this. As in ASDA, I will meet people and work with people which I really enjoy most.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tiggers0608
16th February 2010, 22:08

:xxgrinning--00xx3: i agree with ya boss keith

Tiggers0608
16th February 2010, 22:14

:Erm: Hi Tol' wow if its me , i will do the samething too post it here and wait for others peoples opinion he he he :icon_lol::D

but I guess you do need to think what you like to do and not the money tol' coz if you dont like the job i don't think you'll stay long with that job anyways, plus some people who work for carehome here says its hard work , unless you have backgrounds on working in a hospital in pinas he he he coz thats hardwork too :D

:rolleyes: do you like to work in ASDA more than any other work? :xxgrinning--00xx3: good luck and hope you get the job you wanted tol :xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
17th February 2010, 20:13
:xxgrinning--00xx3: i agree with ya boss keith

:Erm: Hi Tol' wow if its me , i will do the samething too post it here and wait for others peoples opinion he he he :icon_lol::D

but I guess you do need to think what you like to do and not the money tol' coz if you dont like the job i don't think you'll stay long with that job anyways, plus some people who work for carehome here says its hard work , unless you have backgrounds on working in a hospital in pinas he he he coz thats hardwork too :D

:rolleyes: do you like to work in ASDA more than any other work? :xxgrinning--00xx3: good luck and hope you get the job you wanted tol :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks 'Tol! I'm back to my old boss as I knew the job already and he's a nice person. :D I understand why he couldn't make me permanent. Maybe because I am too short of height.:doh I couldn't reach the highest files of the box we make, some machine buttons are high and hard to push.:bigcry: In our toilet, i need to jump to see my face at the mirror.:NoNo: I can only make small boxes and can't able to make bigger one.
It's really hard to find the one you enjoy and suits you.
There's no much jobs here. Seafood factories and all seasonal. I want something different like ASDA but if no luck, it's alright, better luck next time ehehhe.

bornatbirth
17th February 2010, 21:02
it's good to see that you alway's remain positive and don't stop trying to get another job :xxgrinning--00xx3:

how's the website coming :Erm: :D

Doc Alan
17th February 2010, 23:11
In our toilet, i need to jump to see my face at the mirror.:NoNo: I can only make small boxes and can't able to make bigger one. ..
I want something different like ASDA but if no luck, it's alright, better luck next time ehehhe.

Penny, whatever you do I wish you happiness :)I have to say your posts always make me laugh (with you, not at you!), and I'm sure I'm not the only one :D You're an inspiration :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
17th February 2010, 23:37
Penny, whatever you do I wish you happiness :)I have to say your posts always make me laugh (with you, not at you!), and I'm sure I'm not the only one :D You're an inspiration :xxgrinning--00xx3:

We ALL do, Penny ... and :iagree: with Alan ... you truly ARE an inspiration!

vbkelly
18th February 2010, 12:26
Thanks Boss! I tried to wake up my husband as he works night shift. As usual I got his "it's up to you" answer. But then I just want to inform him but my final decision is mine.
You are right boss. Yesterday I met a nurse in Edinburgh. He worked as nurse for 10 years here and he showed me his scars in his arms. He said that elderlies nails and you are not allowed to fight back so I do the cleaning job and left the carehomes. :omg:

Yes Arth, That's why I want my old boss. There are some employees that are permanent and I am thinking why my boss can't make me permanent rather than seasonal if he really like my performance. Annual break is really fantastic.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Joe
He rang me yesterday and said I can start today. My Mom in law said, I can make a request for a day staying at carehome and see if I will like it. I need to report today at Jobcentre and drop by and give my P45 to my old boss as I told him I am going to start this week.

I enjoy with machine because of it's heat, my boss is such a nice person too. But I told hubby if my ASDA will be successful, I will give up this. As in ASDA, I will meet people and work with people which I really enjoy most.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

enjoy and goodluck ate penny

pennybarry
19th February 2010, 08:57
:Erm: Hi! just add my opinion here ... I don't know how's life going you there still but I hope it make easy for you to do things. If am in your shoes I only do what make me happy for the work coz it is hard if you do the work that you not feel happy on it. I know you are a lovable woman especially doing work just go what you think is best and If you want to study more ... i guess you can do it if is it not make you harder mean make complicated to your daily works but yes, you need some rest especially on your self... i cant think for too much work just for me now im be la-on for working hard... joke.. good luck for you there :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Ladymai! I just finished 3 short courses after my operation and I did enjoy learning new. I need to have a break and study again in few months.

Tell your hubby to work and you can become a relaxed housewife hehe
Thanks Ricky! My husband started working at 18 and he's still working at 52. He works fulltime + overtime and he still happy if I don't want to work. But I am not the type of woman who love to stay home except if my job is from home. I started working after I finished my degree and working hard since then. I think I'm workaholic and outgoing really. I receives allowance from hubby and jobcentreplus but I like hard earned money and I enjoy pressure than relaxing at home. Maybe I'm adventurer and loves sight seeing and travelling. :)

it's good to see that you alway's remain positive and don't stop trying to get another job :xxgrinning--00xx3:

how's the website coming :Erm: :D

Hoping whilst living and accept your failure if you can't make it. There's still more alternatives.

I love my webdesign and learned a lot about MySQL, script installation, Website control panel, database, and many more. I learned that on the net and not at school. If you need a website I can make one for you for a donation ehehehhe. But of course I want to continue studying. I need to learn Fireworks and adobe so I can make a flash and moving photos and animations. That will make your website more beautiful and helps you make a professional webdesigner. To be honest give me a break because it's not that easy to become a professional webdesigner. :icon_lol:

Thanks Alan. My pleasure to give you a laugh and smile and others as well. Sometimes! :icon_lol:

We ALL do, Penny ... and :iagree: with Alan ... you truly ARE an inspiration!

Thanks Arth! Sometimes I think about retirement at work like you. Haaay! long way to go.

enjoy and goodluck ate penny

Enjoying here thanks a lot!:BouncyHappy:

Arthur Little
19th February 2010, 13:42
Thanks Arth! Sometimes I think about retirement at work like you. Haaay! long way to go.

Yeah ... I must admit that being retired is the best "job" I EVER had, Penny. But you know ... and I'm being SERIOUS here ... I derive MUCH greater pleasure - and "job satisfaction" - from my membership of THIS :philippines::unitedkingdom: forum than I did at ANY point in my long working life. It's worth far more to me [than money] to feel I can offer some 'crumb of comfort' (however small) to other folk ... who, for whatever reason(s), might be in need of advice, empathy/sympathy, cheering-up in general :BouncyHappy: or even just simply, a 'listening ear' ...

pennybarry
20th February 2010, 10:07
Yeah ... I must admit that being retired is the best "job" I EVER had, Penny. But you know ... and I'm being SERIOUS here ... I derive MUCH greater pleasure - and "job satisfaction" - from my membership of THIS :philippines::unitedkingdom: forum than I did at ANY point in my long working life. It's worth far more to me [than money] to feel I can offer some 'crumb of comfort' (however small) to other folk ... who, for whatever reason(s), might be in need of advice, empathy/sympathy, cheering-up in general :BouncyHappy: or even just simply, a 'listening ear' ...

That's cool Arth! It's really enjoyable infront of PC. I learned a lot of ideas, designs, and gained hundreds of friends in 2 months. :omg: The disadvantage is I had little exercise at home especially during winter and I gained weight so easily. :Brick: So please don't forget to have your walk every hour.:Rasp:

I have created a group at facebook and I didn't expect that they will ask advice on me about their lovelife. One time it ended up in selling property. One of them is interested to buy property and it's great as I can make money online:xxgrinning--00xx3:. :omg::icon_lol: