PDA

View Full Version : Warn public of ?condom failure,? says bishop

Win2Win
16th February 2010, 18:40
Just as cigarette labels warn of health risks, condom packets should contain a warning that they may not be an effective tool against the acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), a Roman Catholic bishop said Tuesday.

More... (http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/nation/view/20100216-253581/Warn-public-of-condom-failure-says-bishop)

aromulus
16th February 2010, 18:45
Just as cigarette labels warn of health risks, condom packets should contain a warning that they may not be an effective tool against the acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), a Roman Catholic bishop said Tuesday.

More... (http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/nation/view/20100216-253581/Warn-public-of-condom-failure-says-bishop)

Sometime I wish that the Church wouldn't come out with scare stories....:doh

Condoms are better than nothing at all, you plonkers!!!:NoNo:

All they are worried about is losing authority and ground on birth control...:doh

Scouse
16th February 2010, 19:29
Sometime I wish that the Church wouldn't come out with scare stories....:doh

Condoms are better than nothing at all, you plonkers!!!:NoNo:

All they are worried about is losing authority and ground on birth control...:doh

They have to do something to try to control peoples lives!

scot5man
16th February 2010, 19:50
The most common condom for sale in the Philippines is called "Trust"..!! Well I for one certainly would not place my trust in "Trust"..!! Regardless of the reasons behind the Church's stand on this issue they are in fact correct because these things are poorly made and burst very easily. (So im told :)..!!!) I could also say that they are too small but that might sound wrong..!! jmho

Sim11UK
16th February 2010, 20:28
Time to bash the Bishop I think! :doh :D

Englishman2010
16th February 2010, 21:32
There was another story today on the BBC website about how poor fitting condoms can be ineffective. Who on earth is going to complain about a condom being too big?:NoNo: Of course, us men all have the opposite problem, they dont make them big enough do they?:icon_lol:

scot5man
16th February 2010, 21:39
Would you put your trust in "Trust"...!!!!

triple5
16th February 2010, 22:10
They should put government health warnings on bishops: MAY GIVE POOR ADVICE.

Northerner
16th February 2010, 22:46
How would a Bishop know about the effective use of a condom?

Altar boys don't get pregnant:icon_lol::icon_lol::Erm::cwm24::D:D:D:action-smiley-081:

johncar54
17th February 2010, 08:50
If a condom fails you should sent a note to the manufactures, quoting the reference number on the condom,

What do you mean you never saw a number, maybe you don't unroll them far enough !!!!

Sorry about this, it is a serious subject.

KeithD
17th February 2010, 10:18
The most common condom for sale in the Philippines is called "Trust"..!! Well I for one certainly would not place my trust in "Trust"..!! Regardless of the reasons behind the Church's stand on this issue they are in fact correct because these things are poorly made and burst very easily. (So im told :)..!!!) I could also say that they are too small but that might sound wrong..!! jmho
So if you don't use them then you are working off hearsay, and scare stories like those from the church :doh

The very small number that do burst are due to the fact they are incorrectly put on, or are using an oil based lubricant (and if you ain't got her wet enough to start with you're doing something wrong, or you've put it in the wrong hole!), and when used as per the instructions you will have around a 98% success rate, which is 98% better than not using one :rolleyes:

Doc Alan
17th February 2010, 10:51
The very small number that do burst are due to the fact they are incorrectly put on, or are using an oil based lubricant (and if you ain't got her wet enough to start with you're doing something wrong, or you've put it in the wrong hole!), and when used as per the instructions you will have around a 98% success rate, which is 98% better than not using one :rolleyes:

Just what the doc would have said ! :)Of course the "success" is not just in preventing AIDS but also other nasty sexually transmitted diseases :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
17th February 2010, 11:13
Just what the doc would have said ! :)Of course the "success" is not just in preventing AIDS but also other nasty sexually transmitted diseases :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Apart from crabs :cwm24:

Doc Alan
17th February 2010, 11:19
Apart from crabs :cwm24:

....which we cook and eat in Scarborough ...:omg:

sars_notd_virus
17th February 2010, 13:00
I was born and raised a catholic..but just dont understand why Church leaders has to mixed with issues re Politics and now even Ads?:cwm24:

Arthur Little
17th February 2010, 13:10
Put in a "nutshell" :icon_lol: ... the Numero Uno fault here, is not the condOMS, :NoNo: but the bishops' failure to condONE [them]!!

GaryFifer
17th February 2010, 13:11
Can they put a warning on Bishops then. WARNING MAY MOLEST YOUNG BOYS

scot5man
17th February 2010, 13:38
So if you don't use them then you are working off hearsay, and scare stories like those from the church :doh

Are you serious..!! We're not talking about Durex or any other western brand made to certain specifications, we are talking about Philippine condoms....!!! Have you tried them..?? I have and they DO BURST..!! and i dont use lubricant. After 35 years, I dont think im doing anything wrong either. I certainly dont "put it in the wrong hole..!!" I came back to the original post with what i thought was a kinda tongue in cheek reply to what is rather an amusing topic.... didnt expect this kind of condescending reply..!!! :furious3:

scot5man

ps : i didnt say that i dont use condoms. I said that i didnt use Philippine condoms. I always carry durex with me and advise anyone to do the same.

Northerner
17th February 2010, 15:21
All joking aside, Catholic Bishops are the last people we should listen to in respect to sex or morality. These are the very same people who parade around Africa and spread the message "Aids may be bad, but not nearly as bad as a condom". They also make false claims that the HIV virus can spread through the microscopic holes within the wall of a condom (which is a blatant lie:cwm23:).

And whilst they do this, they are complicit in the cover up of some of the most vile and willful acts of child molestation.

Have a look at this (http://www.intelligencesquared.com/iq2-video/2009/catholic-church) if you want more information about the Catholic Church. A good debate that raises some interesting questions..

scot5man
18th February 2010, 03:29
Still no reply Win2Win...????

KeithD
18th February 2010, 10:07
Still no reply Win2Win...????
:Erm: Yes.... You would have been alright for leaving it, but as you've just proven yourself to be looking for some kind of battle with the boss you obviously do not fit in with the rest of this happy family. Bye. :Hellooo: