PDA

View Full Version : which fish for sinigang in UK?

justchecking
24th February 2010, 11:11
Just back from Phils - and enjoyed sinigang with bangrus (cooked by me!) on my first night - one of my favourites (if enough chilli!) - I have a packet of sinigang in the cupboard, but what fish can you use in the UK (that doesn't cost too much!) and what replaces Kankun? - pit chai?

Thanks anyone

maria_and_matt
24th February 2010, 11:14
Just back from Phils - and enjoyed sinigang with bangrus (cooked by me!) on my first night - one of my favourites (if enough chilli!) - I have a packet of sinigang in the cupboard, but what fish can you use in the UK (that doesn't cost too much!) and what replaces Kankun? - pit chai?

Thanks anyone

there is bangus in every asian store here, but i sometimes use sea bream for sinigang and u can get most veg in tesco or asian stores

Arthur Little
24th February 2010, 11:45
:doh Misread the thread title at first glance and thought: "Fish for SINGEING"? ... 'fried', dried fish! :cwm24:

KeithD
24th February 2010, 12:31
:doh Misread the thread title at first glance and thought: "Fish for SINGEING"? ... 'fried', dried fish! :cwm24:
I can see your wifey has forgotten your meds again! :D

Arthur Little
24th February 2010, 12:38

:Erm: No, actually :NoNo: ... I'D forgotten where I put my specs. Found them now though! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
24th February 2010, 13:17

Thanks anyone
Use Spinach if no Kangkong.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I have my tambacol here but no sinigang mix. :Brick:
Can you send me a packet please?:Rasp::Rasp:

Hmmm I am thinking about smoked salmon for Ate Ping. :D
My husband used to deliver smoked salmon to Leeds and gave me a big box of it.

September
24th February 2010, 14:27

Thanks anyone

Salmon will do:xxgrinning--00xx3:

mhynne
24th February 2010, 21:56
yeah i use salmon as well.. and use the sinigang sa miso mix from the asian store.. its heaven! you can even buy the salmon head from morrisons..