PDA

View Full Version : DaveUK

Ross
26th February 2010, 23:25
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=22852 think DaveUK on this thread says..pls anyone confirm

thank you

as i know you can get mangers checque unless you got any account which we aint got any sadly :NoNo: and were running out of time and we just have cash to pay :):bigcry::angry::action-smiley-081::D

somebody
26th February 2010, 23:31
Im no Expert but do any friends/realtives have an account and could go with you to assit? Simply asking in Banks some maybe happy to provide a cheque.

Good luck and dont worry you will get it sorted:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ross
26th February 2010, 23:35
Im no Expert but do any friends/realtives have an account and could go with you to assit? Simply asking in Banks some maybe happy to provide a cheque.

Good luck and dont worry you will get it sorted:xxgrinning--00xx3:

i dont sadly am alone..:NoNo: cant we jusy pay cash over the counter :bigcry::cwm3: and not managers checque how odd this going on pain onthe :Help1::angry::cwm12:

somebody
26th February 2010, 23:54
http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/applying.aspx

Ok on this page it mentions

Where to pay your visa application fee

With immediate effect visa fees must be paid with a Manager's Cheque (Bank Draft)

All other payment modes are temporarily suspended until further notice.

You may obtain a manager's cheque from any branch of Standard Chartered Bank, Bank of Philippine Islands, and Banco De Oro. You may book an appointment online on the same day. There is a bank charge when you purchase a manager's cheque.
You can Schedule an appointment on this website one day after the date of payment at the bank.

This link from here http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=206912

Possibly cebu can advise on how they did it.

But i belive most Banks as long as you have ID, a little extra cash to pay the fee ( Banks are businesses after all) will happily help. Im sure some branches are more friendly than others.

Dont worry im sure all will be well mamm.

somebody
27th February 2010, 00:04
A bit more googling for you maam

http://www.bncxe.org/archive/index.php/t-35932.html

Ross
27th February 2010, 00:16
A bit more googling for you maam

http://www.bncxe.org/archive/index.php/t-35932.html

thank you for the quick reply..but basically in your won view we need mangers cheque for payment and not cash...do i really need accout to get managers cheque..sory my head is so full at the moemnt just need a stright answer my apologize..fellow :)

somebody
27th February 2010, 00:20
thank you for the quick reply..but basically in your won view we need mangers cheque for payment and not cash...do i really need accout to get managers cheque..sory my head is so full at the moemnt just need a stright answer my apologize..fellow :)

Im no expert but i belive you need to get a mangers cheque and the bank most likely will charge a small fee to process. How much I dont know but hopefully others can come along to this post and help you both:xxgrinning--00xx3:

No need to by sorry we all want to help you mamm, we have all been there and no what a tense time it is:)

somebody
27th February 2010, 00:24
Have you read this maam?

http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/where.aspx

I know th eother methods are suspended or so it seems but iit seems to imply you just go to the branch to drawn the cheque with ID and the cash..

Ross
27th February 2010, 00:27
Im no expert but i belive you need to get a mangers cheque and the bank most likely will charge a small fee to process. How much I dont know but hopefully others can come along to this post and help you both:xxgrinning--00xx3:

No need to by sorry we all want to help you mamm, we have all been there and no what a tense time it is:)

i really thank you for you replies..we dont mine if they charge as lng as we dont need bank accout to get this cheque hopefully .. right ...:icon_lol: as we always know you cant get mangers cheque ubles you got accoun from that bank

somebody
27th February 2010, 00:35
http://info.bpiexpressonline.com/bpiprod/produpd.nsf/Deposit+Rates/BankServicesFees

On this list it quotes mangers cheques as 50 pesos extra charge as of today

Ross
27th February 2010, 00:42
http://info.bpiexpressonline.com/bpiprod/produpd.nsf/Deposit+Rates/BankServicesFees

On this list it quotes mangers cheques as 50 pesos extra charge as of today

but pls do i need to open an account...can i just turn up and ask or request managers cheque and pay the charges..
again apolize if my word as hard just wnt ta quick reply.. thank you :cwm38:

somebody
27th February 2010, 01:23
I dont know for sure rules and regs change but as far as im aware you pay upfront for a mangers cheque as opposed to a personal cheque which drawns off your bank account.
So im sure at least some banks will be happy to do.

If you did need to get a bank account it maybe worth gettng one for future remittances, trips home etc. Both BPI and Banc d oro i belive are used by remittance companies and BPI at least have a branch in the UK..

DaveUK
27th February 2010, 01:29
Hi, not sure what they mean by suspended (in the normal sense), but when I phoned VFS Global and explained we'd got a visa fee receipt from the bank after they said they were only accepting managers cheques, I was told it would still be ok.

And today, when Yam handed over her application stuff, they accepted the receipt no problem.

Ross
27th February 2010, 06:42
Hi, not sure what they mean by suspended (in the normal sense), but when I phoned VFS Global and explained we'd got a visa fee receipt from the bank after they said they were only accepting managers cheques, I was told it would still be ok.

And today, when Yam handed over her application stuff, they accepted the receipt no problem.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:thANK you for the reply..did yam book online first before paying here visa..:) am so confuse at the moment sorry..:D:crazy: and then go to book her trip to manila? pls advice

:D:cwm38::ARsurrender:

Ross
27th February 2010, 06:44
I dont know for sure rules and regs change but as far as im aware you pay upfront for a mangers cheque as opposed to a personal cheque which drawns off your bank account.
So im sure at least some banks will be happy to do.

If you did need to get a bank account it maybe worth gettng one for future remittances, trips home etc. Both BPI and Banc d oro i belive are used by remittance companies and BPI at least have a branch in the UK..

:xxgrinning--00xx3:thank you mate for all the soon reply it does help..

:cwm38: cheers...:D:cwm38:

Florge
27th February 2010, 18:16
if you have cash, go to bpi or bdo to convert it to managers cheque.. that is if you have an existing account with either of the banks... if not, then bring your cash to bpi or bdo and pay for your visa fee, over the counter... bring the receipt to vfs as form of payment...

good luck!

Ross
27th February 2010, 23:41
if you have cash, go to bpi or bdo to convert it to managers cheque.. that is if you have an existing account with either of the banks... if not, then bring your cash to bpi or bdo and pay for your visa fee, over the counter... bring the receipt to vfs as form of payment...

good luck!

yes i just confirm bdo..they are stil accepting cash..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

DaveUK
2nd March 2010, 00:44
:xxgrinning--00xx3:thANK you for the reply..did yam book online first before paying here visa..:) am so confuse at the moment sorry..:D:crazy: and then go to book her trip to manila? pls advice

:D:cwm38::ARsurrender:

Sorry for not replying quicker. Not had chance to get online.

In response to your question though, yes she did arrange her appointment first, then nearer the time, she paid the visa fee in the bank.

Ross
2nd March 2010, 00:51

good luck!

they all suspended modes of payments they only accept managers cheque sadly and i have to open an accout to do so..so much to do pain in theeeeeeeeeeee:erotic4::angry: effetive last week ..hmmmmmmmmm:angry::crazy::NoNo::Cuckoo:

yam
2nd March 2010, 03:51
Oh yeah I heard about that Ross. I was just lucky as i paid mine in cash feb 23 and i heard that the day after they never accept cash anymore...

MarBell379
2nd March 2010, 12:08
My wife didnt have an account.
Just took the money into BDO and got them to raise a Managers Cheque. (like a bankers draft in the UK I guess). They do charge, but not exorbitantly.

Ross
2nd March 2010, 12:12
Oh yeah I heard about that Ross. I was just lucky as i paid mine in cash feb 23 and i heard that the day after they never accept cash anymore...

how much did you pay exactly yam in cash was it 43,875 pesos..:D?:):D:rolleyes::cwm24::omg::cwm38:

yam
2nd March 2010, 16:00
Yep I paid 43,875 pesos plus 200 bank charge. The total is 44,075 thats what I paid all in all.

yam
2nd March 2010, 16:09
Yep I paid 43,875 pesos plus 200 bank charge. The total is 44,075 thats what I paid all in all.

Ross
2nd March 2010, 23:38

:D:omg: silly money....:erotic4:
send you pm did you get those yam:D

rusty
25th March 2010, 10:57
My wife didnt have an account.
Just took the money into BDO and got them to raise a Managers Cheque. (like a bankers draft in the UK I guess). They do charge, but not exorbitantly.

May I ask which branch this was?

My wife is trying to sort out a managers cheque but all the BDO and BPI banks she has been in say that she needs an account there. :Brick: :furious3: