PDA

View Full Version : Spouse visa and travel to Gibraltar & Spain

Cebu
3rd March 2010, 06:10
Hi does anyone have any advise and information on whether it's possibile for a filipino to travel to Gibraltar and / or Spain if they have a UK spouse visa and flying from and back to UK?

Thank you.

darren-b
3rd March 2010, 07:41
Hi does anyone have any advise and information on whether it's possibile for a filipino to travel to Gibraltar and / or Spain if they have a UK spouse visa and flying from and back to UK?

Thank you.

No experience, but I believe with a UK spouse visa it is possible to enter Gibraltar without an additional visa.

It is definately not possible to enter Spain - you need to apply for a schengen visa which has been discussed many times on this forum.

johncar54
3rd March 2010, 17:02
No experience, but I believe with a UK spouse visa it is possible to enter Gibraltar without an additional visa.

It is definately not possible to enter Spain - you need to apply for a schengen visa which has been discussed many times on this forum.

At

http://www.gibraltar.gov.uk/visa.php

it says a separate visa is required for a Filipino to enter Gib.

Although a Filipino friend of ours, who has a multi entry visa for UK, she lives in Spain, has visited Gib without a separate visa. I guess it may depend on who checks the paperwork

In now that for a Filipino (my wife) with permanent residencia in Spain, must get a visa from the UK consulate in Madrid, an interview, an over night stay (its a 2 day process) at a cost of 150 euros, for a one entry visit.

As it says above, to enter Spain a Filipino needs a Schengen Area visa.

Having been to Gib many times I cannot imagine who anyone would want to go there, except maybe to know why they never want to go there again !

darren-b
3rd March 2010, 19:37
At

http://www.gibraltar.gov.uk/visa.php

it says a separate visa is required for a Filipino to enter Gib.

Although a Filipino friend of ours, who has a multi entry visa for UK, she lives in Spain, has visited Gib without a separate visa. I guess it may depend on who checks the paperwork

If you read further down it says anyone with a UK Multiple entry visa issued for 12 months or more regardless of category does not need a separate visa. A UK spouse visa meets this criteria.