PDA

View Full Version : 10 day waiting period compulsory for getting married ??

mistermatty
3rd March 2010, 09:12
I will be getting married in Samar early may ....my mahal tells me that we cant set a date until after we have met the mayor and made the license in person , on the upside the mayor has said he will be able to marry us 2 days after making the license i suspect this has something to do with him running for re election the following week !!

My question is it compulsory to wait the 10 days or is it common to break this condition ??

Sim11UK
3rd March 2010, 09:17
Yes you have to wait 10 days.

lovejoy
3rd March 2010, 10:06
Yes it's 10 days waiting.

RickyR
3rd March 2010, 11:46
Although, knowing the Philippines. A special letter with a picture of Benjamin Franklin on it may expedite things.

rayofLight
3rd March 2010, 12:06
I will be getting married in Samar early may ....my mahal tells me that we cant set a date until after we have met the mayor and made the license in person , on the upside the mayor has said he will be able to marry us 2 days after making the license i suspect this has something to do with him running for re election the following week !!

My question is it compulsory to wait the 10 days or is it common to break this condition ??

...nothing to do with election....that is the requirment in register office....:)

mistermatty
3rd March 2010, 12:49
Yes you have to wait 10 days.

well we she has been told that we WONT have to wait the 10 days !!

liane
3rd March 2010, 13:33
It's required to wait for 10 days before a marriage can take place.

joebloggs
3rd March 2010, 14:14
well we she has been told that we WONT have to wait the 10 days !!

just make sure your legally married :rolleyes:

Alan
3rd March 2010, 14:31
10 days cannot even be changed with - let's face it - a bribe!!!

10 days it is for the process to be legal!

Al.:)

stretch33
5th March 2010, 23:51
10 Days is the rule mate.......If you dont follow it you wont be married !!

keithAngel
6th March 2010, 03:34
Bearing in mind when you arrived is now not on your passport stamp but also on a central data base:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sim11UK
6th March 2010, 07:54
Are you sure the Mayor didn't mean he would marry you 2 days after you have got the license, therefore meaning 12 days? :Erm:

adam&chryss
6th March 2010, 11:10
make sure you wait 10 days...

when we applied for our licence we can get married even after a day bec. we knew the head of registrar. but she said the british embassy is strict about this so better to wait 10 days, just to be sure that I won't have any problem with my visa if the ECO will find out about it.

goodluck! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mistermatty
7th March 2010, 12:51
make sure you wait 10 days...

when we applied for our licence we can get married even after a day bec. we knew the head of registrar. but she said the british embassy is strict about this so better to wait 10 days, just to be sure that I won't have any problem with my visa if the ECO will find out about it.

goodluck! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Good advice there ...

Uk Embassy on Mon May 3 to get my CNI sorted and the following day May 4 will apply in Samar for the marriage lisense , the Mayors office there in Samar is still insistent that he can mary us anytime after we have made the lisense and attended the senimar which i though was not required for couples over the age of 25 ??

The earlier we get married the better as it means i wont have to hang about in Samar for 10 days waiting .

Yet another dillema ...

Plonker
7th March 2010, 14:04
yup 10 days, best not to cut corners :D

johncar54
7th March 2010, 16:53
Good advice there ...

............................ and attended the senimar which i though was not required for couples over the age of 25 ??

When I did it, aged 66, there was a quite a bit of amusement when the speaker said, of course in Tagalog, something to effect that when a man gets to 45/50 he loses all his sex drive. The others, all young, we asking my wife of it was true. I hope the speaker was nearer being right on the other matters she presented !!!!!

As I said, it was practically all in Tagalog. I was able to follow some, as I speak Spanish, but I really don't see the point of a person needing to attend just to get an attendance certificate when they don't understand what the seminar was all about.

To the side of of our group was a sewing class. I came away having learnt more about sewing than marriage !