PDA

View Full Version : money tranfers

stevewool
3rd March 2010, 16:59
hi whats the best way to send money to the philippines , or is there a bank that i can have accounts here and there and just transfer that way , i have looked but all want to much money to do this , i hate giving them money when i know my partner wants it more, steve

sparky
3rd March 2010, 18:38
hi whats the best way to send money to the philippines , or is there a bank that i can have accounts here and there and just transfer that way , i have looked but all want to much money to do this , i hate giving them money when i know my partner wants it more, steve

you can do a transfer to her account from yours the charges vary from bank to bank tho.

mine charges £10 but they convert into pesos at this end so they make money both ways

might be worth sending in sterling but watch out for a higher transfer cost they get you all bloody ways-i have been sending £1,000 a month recently and along with the declining pound my mrs has been getting less everytime- tho i think she thinks i am getting meaner:NoNo:

an WU are as bad- the higher the amount you send the higher their charges:cwm23:

lizaphil
3rd March 2010, 19:42
you can do a transfer to her account from yours the charges vary from bank to bank tho.

mine charges £10 but they convert into pesos at this end so they make money both ways

might be worth sending in sterling but watch out for a higher transfer cost they get you all bloody ways-i have been sending £1,000 a month recently and along with the declining pound my mrs has been getting less everytime- tho i think she thinks i am getting meaner:NoNo:

an WU are as bad- the higher the amount you send the higher their charges:cwm23:

£1,000.00 pounds a months???
wow she was lucky?:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

lordna
3rd March 2010, 19:54
Hi

I transfer money to my wife in the Philippines using a Caxton FX card. I have a Primary card in my name and a secondary card in her name both using the same account. I simply 'load' the card with £ this end and she uses an ATM at the other end or shops with the card over there. charges are 2.5% which is fine for smallish amounts. The advantage of this is the money is instantly available for her to withdraw within minutes of me loading the card.

For larger amounts, like paying for 2 visas recently, I transferred money directly from my account with HSBC to hers in the BDO. Charges were about £25 this end and another 200pesos on arrival i believe.

estherboaz
3rd March 2010, 21:33

YOu could try BPI or PNB.they have branches in Earls Court.I am using both BPI and PNB.Im using BPI coz their transfer rate is 5 pounds whatever the amount.I use PNB when thier rate is quite higher than BPI.

maria_and_matt
3rd March 2010, 21:52
all cash transactions with PNB is now free up to £1k... if you live in london you can just go to the bank pay it in cas you dont get charged :D

sparky
3rd March 2010, 22:13
£1,000.00 pounds a months???
wow she was lucky?:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

just realised how that reads:doh

before Xmas it was money for the wedding etc an after for the visa fee along with her allowance until she gets here.

I aint flush by any means lol

johncar54
5th March 2010, 08:34
Nationwide flex account with a CASH CARD.

Withdrawal are FREE, that also applies to Phil as long as an ATM with a a VISA symbol is used.

The exchange rate with Nationwide is just a fraction less than the inter bank rate.

We have a couple of accounts with Nationwide so we go on line transfer the sum to the account with the CASH CARD and immediately the relatives in Phil can draw the money.

triple5
5th March 2010, 14:08
Nationwide flex account with a CASH CARD.

Withdrawal are FREE, that also applies to Phil as long as an ATM with a a VISA symbol is used.

The exchange rate with Nationwide is just a fraction less than the inter bank rate.

We have a couple of accounts with Nationwide so we go on line transfer the sum to the account with the CASH CARD and immediately the relatives in Phil can draw the money.

Good idea :xxgrinning--00xx3: Been using paypal recently, just because its easy and cheaper than WU

keithAngel
5th March 2010, 16:05
there was talk here that nationwide were going to charge 1% I still like caxton 2.5 % and best exchange rates:xxgrinning--00xx3:

johncar54
5th March 2010, 16:17
there was talk here that nationwide were going to charge 1% I still like caxton 2.5 % and best exchange rates:xxgrinning--00xx3:

It does not apply to CASH CARDS.

But as I said, an ATM with the 'Visa' symbol must be used otherwise there is a charge by the bank in Philippines. I have confirmed this with BPI and Metrobank.

There is a web site which shows where visa ATMs are worldwide. If you show the country and the town/city it will show where the VISA ATMs are:- http://visa.via.infonow.net/locator/global/

I understand Nationwide do charge for Debit Cards etc. although not in Europe. I use my debit card in Spain, no charge.

PS This has been covered quite fully before. I do not know how to make a link to the thread but a search on 'Currency to take to Phils' will find it.

johncar54
31st March 2010, 12:21
Please see this thread:-

Nationwide abolishing cash card for us !!!!

MarBell379
31st March 2010, 15:34
How do you send money to Philippines using Paypal?

malditako
31st March 2010, 18:42
we're using HSBC bank to transfer money. We both have HSBC bank account. It is past compare to other bank. She can open pounds account as well..regarding atm withdrawal charges...it is free of charge.

Northerner
31st March 2010, 21:52
How do you send money to Philippines using Paypal?

You can send money to anyone with an email address via paypal, so long as they have a bank account they can withdraw it. But it takes a while to transfer it from their paypal into their bank:Erm:

triple5
31st March 2010, 23:20
You can send money to anyone with an email address via paypal, so long as they have a bank account they can withdraw it. But it takes a while to transfer it from their paypal into their bank:Erm:

about 3-5 days with union bank :xxgrinning--00xx3:

johncar54
1st April 2010, 07:16
Please see this thread:-

Nationwide abolishing cash card for us !!!!

at Thread:-

http://filipinaroses.com/showpost.php?p=213971&postcount=1