PDA

View Full Version : Friend getting married in April question?

Fitzy
7th March 2010, 12:22
Hi.

My mate Steve who has not signed up to this forum yet, don't know why, is getting married in the Phils next month, and asked me to post a question here for him?
He has his certificate of no impediment(must not be more than 3 months old I beleive) 3 months worth of bank statements, and payslips, and his birth certificate.
He is aware that he needs to go to Manila with them to the British Embassy.
has anybody recently married in the Phils, that can tell me if he has missed anything please?
BTW.
I will be attending his wedding in CDO this April:D

A great many thanks in advance.

Phil...

mistermatty
7th March 2010, 12:39
dont fink its a requrment to take payslips , and bank statements to get a Philippine CNI for getting married .

Fitzy
7th March 2010, 12:44
Thank you Matty.

Good point, as I forgot to mention that he will be applying to the Embassy for her marriage visa after.
Can't beleive I left that out.

Thanks again mate:D

marlyn&kenny
7th March 2010, 12:57
Hi.

My mate Steve who has not signed up to this forum yet, don't know why, is getting married in the Phils next month, and asked me to post a question here for him?
He has his certificate of no impediment(must not be more than 3 months old I beleive) 3 months worth of bank statements, and payslips, and his birth certificate.
has anybody recently married in the Phils, that can tell me if he has missed anything please?
BTW.

Phil...

Congrats to your friend!
He dont need to show any pay slips or bank statements.
Here are the things that me and my hubby submitted to British embassy manila; His certificate of no impediment,his birth certificate, his passport. My birth certificate NSO copy,my CENOMAR or certificate of no marriage from NSO, my passport.
Good luck! Im sure other members will give more relevant information regarding this.

Fitzy
7th March 2010, 13:23
Congrats to your friend!
He dont need to show any pay slips or bank statements.
Here are the things that me and my hubby submitted to British embassy manila; His certificate of no impediment,his birth certificate, his passport. My birth certificate NSO copy,my CENOMAR or certificate of no marriage from NSO, my passport.
Good luck! Im sure other members will give more relevant information regarding this.

CENOMAR and cert of no imped are Two diff things?

Sim11UK
7th March 2010, 13:51

Yes Phil CENOMAR is the bride to be's version of CNI.

Marlyn & Kenny summed up the requirements. :)

Fitzy
7th March 2010, 14:00
Yes Phil CENOMAR is the bride to be's version of CNI.

Marlyn & Kenny summed up the requirements. :)

Nice 1 Si.

So, really he's all set to go?
I find it a bit strange that the Embassy don't wanna see evidence of financial solvency for his bride to gain UK entry clearance for the UK like I had to provide for my Peruvian ex???

marlyn&kenny
7th March 2010, 14:10

Yes.CENOMAR is obtained by the girl (he wish to marry) from the NSO as proof that she has never been married

Sim11UK
7th March 2010, 14:21
Nice 1 Si.

I find it a bit strange that the Embassy don't wanna see evidence of financial solvency for his bride to gain UK entry clearance for the UK like I had to provide for my Peruvian ex???

Phil the CNI & CENOMAR is just to get the marriage license...getting a visa later, is a whole different ball game.

Fitzy
7th March 2010, 14:28
Phil the CNI & CENOMAR is just to get the marriage license...getting a visa later, is a whole different ball game.
Yes, I am aware of the other stuff only too well:D

I guess they can get married wherever in the Phils?

Ladybug_sim
7th March 2010, 14:30
Nice 1 Si.

Hi! Fitzy, really nice to hear your friend getting married here in CDO.. He dont have any problem as what buggy and Marlyn said. About financial it is show up all when they start to process the papers or after married coz they still need to wait the NSO copy of their marriage certificate. Only they can do so far from now, after there in the embassy they back here in CDO to submit all the papers to the Registrar then get seminar about family planning but i think they will give just certificate on it especially they are old enough to get marry. Then when they have the certificate they pass it to the registrar while waiting 10 days they can go anywhere or beaches here too or else the keep sorting who will get marry them either judges or priest. ... hmmmm are you invite us to be there too?:Erm:

Fitzy
7th March 2010, 14:38
Hi! Fitzy, really nice to hear your friend getting married here in CDO.. He dont have any problem as what buggy and Marlyn said. About financial it is show up all when they start to process the papers or after married coz they still need to wait the NSO copy of their marriage certificate. Only they can do so far from now, after there in the embassy they back here in CDO to submit all the papers to the Registrar then get seminar about family planning but i think they will give just certificate on it especially they are old enough to get marry. Then when they have the certificate they pass it to the registrar while waiting 10 days they can go anywhere or beaches here too or else the keep sorting who will get marry them either judges or priest. ... hmmmm are you invite us to be there too?:Erm:

Of course lol

Yes, i am aware of the 10 day notice thing.
Sounds like exactly the same as I did in Peru
My friends only concerns are that of immigration, but I think I helped him much there.

I just wanted to double check here and on the .gov websites to see if there were any late additional requirements.

Ladybug_sim
7th March 2010, 14:48
Of course lol

Yes, i am aware of the 10 day notice thing.
Sounds like exactly the same as I did in Peru
My friends only concerns are that of immigration, but I think I helped him much there.

I just wanted to double check here and on the .gov websites to see if there were any late additional requirements.

Where they got married, here in the City or somewhere else here in Cagayan de Oro? is it Civil or Christian or Roman Catholic?

Some do wedding at Chali Beach, Coco Bay Beach, Marco Hotel, or Hotel here in the City like Pryce Hotel, De lux Hotel, which are good for the reception. :BouncyHappy:

Fitzy
7th March 2010, 14:54
Where they got married, here in the City or somewhere else here in Cagayan de Oro? is it Civil or Christian or Roman Catholic?

Some do wedding at Chali Beach, Coco Bay Beach, Marco Hotel, or Hotel here in the City like Pryce Hotel, De lux Hotel, which are good for the reception. :BouncyHappy:

Ohhk.
Will be in the Marco

Thank you.

They already decided that
I will suggest the Pryce Plaza for the reception.

Thanks for that.

keithAngel
7th March 2010, 14:57
Heh Fitzy ask your mate what time I should get there to please sounds like you need ushers:D

IainBusby
7th March 2010, 14:59
they still need to wait the NSO copy of their marriage certificate.

Whether or not he will be able to be there for the submission of the visa application will depend largely on both how long he intends to stay there for and how long it takes to get the NSO copy of the marriage certificate. It has been known to take months for this to come through and by then all of the other stuff he has brought with him, wage slips etc, will probably be quite a bit out of date.

It would probably be best for you to advise him to treat the process of getting married and the process of applying for a visa as 2 completely separate issues. If he takes the stuff with him that is required and gets married, then once the NSO marriage certificate comes through they can start looking at the visa process. Maybe you should also advise him that it is worth taking a bit of time over the visa application, what is included with it and how well it is all put together as this can make a big difference to the outcome.
Iain.

IainBusby
7th March 2010, 15:02
Hi.

BTW.

Phil...

If he has been divorced, as well as his birth certificate he will also need a copy of his decree absolute.

Fitzy
7th March 2010, 15:07
Whether or not he will be able to be there for the submission of the visa application will depend largely on both how long he intends to stay there for and how long it takes to get the NSO copy of the marriage certificate. It has been known to take months for this to come through and by then all of the other stuff he has brought with him, wage slips etc, will probably be quite a bit out of date.

It would probably be best for you to advise him to treat the process of getting married and the process of applying for a visa as 2 completely separate issues. If he takes the stuff with him that is required and gets married, then once the NSO marriage certificate comes through they can start looking at the visa process. Maybe you should also advise him that it is worth taking a bit of time over the visa application, what is included with it and how well it is all put together as this can make a big difference to the outcome.
Iain.

Hmmmm, I was afraid of that too.
He intends to stay for 6 weeks.
Perhaps someone shd make a seperate post as a sticky, lol
Wd be most helpful.
After he gets married, he then has to wait for a copy of the cetificate from the NSO?

Do I understand correctly Sir?

Ladybug_sim
7th March 2010, 15:24
Ohhk.
Will be in the Marco

Thank you.

They already decided that
I will suggest the Pryce Plaza for the reception.

Thanks for that.

Much welcome Fitzy, we do our reception before too at Chali .. so nice to go swimming to the beach then to their swimming pool .. Marco Hotel, is a nice place to go for wedding too. I went there for the wedding of Traders_dave before but he is banned here so I never hear them now even his wife maybe they are too busy as a couple. You can go swimming after the wedding just prepare your mankini :erotic4:. Yes, Pryce Plaza is really good but a bit too good in price too .... still have a good choice :xxgrinning--00xx3: invite us here ha :Hellooo: ..ahhhh i did talk now to Mrs. Sales or Dave's wife :Hellooo:

Sim11UK
7th March 2010, 15:36
Wd be most helpful.
After he gets married, he then has to wait for a copy of the cetificate from the NSO?

Yes they need to take the papers they signed at the wedding, to the Registrars. They will submit it to the NSO....it can take sometime, to get them back. :Erm:

Cebu
8th March 2010, 04:59
Wd be most helpful.

Yes to the NSO bit. He will also need a visa extension to stay for 6 weeks in the Philippines.

Fitzy
8th March 2010, 07:42
If he has been divorced, as well as his birth certificate he will also need a copy of his decree absolute.

Hi my friend.

Thank you so much, but that bit he has covered, as I was there myself in Peru years ago, and duly advised him:)
Indeed, he has all those things at the ready.
I told him last night that he may need to return for the visa application, due to possible NSO delays.
He was none to pleased, but accepts this:)

Fitzy
8th March 2010, 07:45
Much welcome Fitzy, we do our reception before too at Chali .. so nice to go swimming to the beach then to their swimming pool .. Marco Hotel, is a nice place to go for wedding too. I went there for the wedding of Traders_dave before but he is banned here so I never hear them now even his wife maybe they are too busy as a couple. You can go swimming after the wedding just prepare your mankini :erotic4:. Yes, Pryce Plaza is really good but a bit too good in price too .... still have a good choice :xxgrinning--00xx3: invite us here ha :Hellooo: ..ahhhh i did talk now to Mrs. Sales or Dave's wife :Hellooo:

Yes, I also know Dave. A nice chap:D

Looking forward to Steve's impending prison sentance:erotic4::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy: