PDA

View Full Version : BalikBayan Boxes, What do you...

nparvus1202
8th March 2010, 10:41
When you send balikbayan boxes to Philippines what different stuffs do you usually fill it in? I put in coffee, canned goods, clothes, soap. Whatever is cheaper here than Manila or whatever is available here and difficult to get there. I am also planning on sending portable aircon and other appliances. What are you sending?

vbkelly
8th March 2010, 12:18
When you send balikbayan boxes to Philippines what different stuffs do you usually fill it in? I put in coffee, canned goods, clothes, soap. Whatever is cheaper here than Manila or whatever is available here and difficult to get there. I am also planning on sending portable aircon and other appliances. What are you sending?

used clothes, tools no foods or canned good haha

nparvus1202
8th March 2010, 12:32
Aha! Tools. That's a good one. I love tools. When I am on my holiday in Manila I always find something to fix, but no tools. So I borrow from neighbors.

fred
8th March 2010, 12:59
Listen carefully...Colemans mustard and Heinz salad cream...Fill up the box with those two items and I will buy the lot! (colemans must NOT be in powder form as it goes off quick here for some reason.

aromulus
8th March 2010, 13:01
Listen carefully...Colemans mustard and Heinz salad cream...Fill up the box with those two items and I will buy the lot! (colemans must NOT be in powder form as it goes off quick here for some reason.

Next time we send a box, I will defo include some of that stuff for you, if you ain't taking the mickey, but you will have to go to Talisay, Cebu, to pick it up. And give the kwarta to the old fella..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
8th March 2010, 13:05
And give the kwarta to the old fella..

You mean instead of cash?? OK Dom fair enough.. Just tell me when its there.

nparvus1202
8th March 2010, 13:16

Are you serious? Where are you about in Philippines? I might do that. The box is for Pandacan, Manila.

fred
8th March 2010, 13:23
Are you serious? Where are you about in Philippines? I might do that. The box is for Pandacan, Manila.

Crickey..Depends on your mark up!! :yikes:
Im in Bohol..

nparvus1202
8th March 2010, 13:49
Bohol? Way too far. Tools will be fine.

abby
8th March 2010, 16:36
hi nparvus1202!

what courier you transact for shipping the balikbayan box? how much is the rate?

thanks!

nparvus1202
8th March 2010, 19:34
I don't know which company. My wife deals with a pinay agent. I think three 8 cu. ft. boxes are £140.00 total.

ivybridge
10th March 2010, 23:06
Hi abby,

if you need a price for boxes let me know, we will be happy to try and help out

mail@ivybridge.net

vbkelly
14th March 2010, 00:38
I don't know which company. My wife deals with a pinay agent. I think three 8 cu. ft. boxes are £140.00 total.

manila for 1jumbo box with 1free regular box is £90 (mendiette cargo forwarder)

RickyR
14th March 2010, 01:13
Quick thread hijack, anyone able to recommend someone for sending Balikbayan boxes from either Southampton or Doncaster. Will send one or two next month.
Do they provide the boxes, or do you need to provide your own?

nparvus1202
16th March 2010, 18:58
Well, you need to know some Filipinos in your area, surely they know some agents around your city. Boxes are free as they are standard sizes.

jonnijon
16th March 2010, 19:48
I used Belwood UK.Two months exactly to arrive in perfect condition.
I live in sussex and they collected when they said they would,and you can use your own box.Look them up on the web. :Hellooo: