PDA

View Full Version : Tourist visa sponsorship letter

Englishman2010
9th March 2010, 21:15
I am in the process of drafting a sponsorship letter for my g/f's Tourist Visa application. I'm not sure what to include and how honest to be???
I am in the process of a divorce, but the house and mortgage is in my sole name, as are my savings and current account. I've got mortgage statements, bank statements, savings account statements, salary slips ...etc which show I have more than sufficient means to support my g/f's trip here.
Should I be honest and mention my divorce? I cant imagine the Uk Visa people in Manila have the resources to check whether I am married or divorced or if I pay maintenance, and as all statements are in my sole name and show sufficent resources I cant imagine any questions would be raised?

I have a small bank loan for a car and minimal credit card balances. Will they need credit card statements, do they even have the ability to do credit checks and see what I have? If they do, I have never missed or been late on a mortgage, loan or card payment in over 20 years.

In addition to the following, what else do I need to supply?

Copies of all printed and stamped pages of passport
Mortgage statement
Last 6 months current account statements
Last 6 months salary slips (inc March 2010 showing full amount for year)
Last 6 months rental income statements for 2nd property which is rented out
Savings account statement.

Any tips on what I should include in my letter?

keithAngel
10th March 2010, 00:36
Id get rid of most of your financial info and erase it from here as well its a tourist visa just submit a bank statement or three and emphasize your connection and that this is to see if your gf likes it here befor you take it to the next level:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Is that with or without expences (mp):icon_lol:

Englishman2010
10th March 2010, 09:12
Thanks Keith

RickyR
10th March 2010, 11:12
Done this one a few times.

This is the letter that I wrote for Marvie's first ever visitors visa, I just omitted personal details, so hopefully still makes some kind of sense.
If she has finances to support her trip, then she'll need to provide proof of those. If you're supporting the trip, anything that proves you can afford it would be fine (I provided a few months salary statements)
Marvie also wrote a letter explaining her situation to be included with the application. You will also need a copy of all stamped pages of your passport, and the photopage.

We've done several applications since and obviously built up more evidence and a record of history, but the first is the one you're on edge about.

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing to support the application of visitors visa for aa. I met aa onboard the cruise ship bb whilst working for cc in dd. We have had a very close friendship, which we hope to develop after she has completed her annulment. In the meantime, earlier in December I came to the Philippines to spend a vacation with Marvinia, and we also travelled together to Hong Kong for a few days.
Although aa has her own finances, I am going to completely support her whilst she is in the United Kingdom. We plan to both stay at my home, and to travel to various tourist sites within the UK whilst staying in local hotels at that time.

I have provided an official statement of my salary from my employer and a printout from my online banking to provide evidence that I can support Marvinia. I am now working as xx on a zz for cc where my yearly salary is ss, and I will be on vacation for the entire period that aa is in the United Kingdom.

If you require further information about our itinerary, or information from me or my employer feel free to contact me on the below contact details: