PDA

View Full Version : VISA....spouse or fam visit

stretch33
11th March 2010, 21:07
Kids have UK / Philippine passport, wife Philippine passport, with our married surname. Want to bring them over to meet rest of my family here in UK. Plan for 3-4 month stay What visa folks spouse or family visa ?? all going to stay with my UK daughter during visit.

joebloggs
11th March 2010, 22:19
spouse visa is really if she is intending to make the UK her home.

a family visit visa, is cheaper and if your wife is only visiting the UK..
where do you live UK or phils ?

stretch33
12th March 2010, 16:23
spouse visa is really if she is intending to make the UK her home.

a family visit visa, is cheaper and if your wife is only visiting the UK..
where do you live UK or phils ?

Im currently living here in the Uk its a long story but in short l was over in Davao for 2.5 years, then popped over here to see my uk daughter, got offered my old job back. Been back over there every 3 months but just want my missus and kids to get a taster of uk life and visit my side of family. We/she runs a cab business over there so cant be away to long. My plan is to go there, spend a week then fly here with them, take the 3 months or so here, then go back to Davao for a couple of weeks. If they like it and i can stand the cold weather any more might apply for residence later. Everybody says spouse visa easier to get but 600 quid a lot for a 3 / 4 month visit
Thanks for your reply....stretch

joebloggs
12th March 2010, 21:04
If your in the UK now and living here , your wife could be refused a family visit visa, the embassy could say as your married its a good reason for her not to go back and she should apply for a spouse visa. I thought you was living in the phils and your daughter was going to sponsor her stepmother..

thou if she was refused a family visit visa, she should have a right to appeal and could well win it.

but with evidence thats you/your wife owns a cab business then thats a good reason for her to return back to the phils

stretch33
12th March 2010, 22:09
If your in the UK now and living here , your wife could be refused a family visit visa, the embassy could say as your married its a good reason for her not to go back and she should apply for a spouse visa. I thought you was living in the phils and your daughter was going to sponsor her stepmother..

thou if she was refused a family visit visa, she should have a right to appeal and could well win it.

but with evidence thats you/your wife owns a cab business then thats a good reason for her to return back to the phils

Thanks Joebloggs,
As it happens i want to return to the Phils once l get fed up with work again, believe it or not l really like the place (except all the paperwork) we have a house, car, business that earns reasonable money (by PI standards) all we are after is a short viz to let missus and kids meet my family. Maybe l should just apply for a tourist visa for the missus and point out she is bringing our kids with her for a holiday.
Cheers for your input

joebloggs
13th March 2010, 07:02
i would go with the FAMILY VISIT VISA, not a tourist visa :NoNo:, it doesn't cost much, just make it clear that you have a business to run there so your wife has to return, also your kids are settled in school there etc..

even if your wife is refused, you should be able to appeal and would probably win, and the refusal wouldn't effect your wife applying for a settlement visa in the future..:rolleyes: