PDA

View Full Version : passport photo

DavidArt
12th March 2010, 11:37
hello to all! i just want to ask here if anybody renew thier passport recently? and where to have a photo taken the best that they wont reject the application? im going to renew my passport this coming april in philippine embassy london, using my husband name , i just want to know where is the best place to took photo for philippine passport that wont be rejected? thanks for any help ! we will appreaite it ! because they want a blue background or navy blue! thanks!

Bheng

joebloggs
12th March 2010, 11:58
one place is

http://www.kodakexpresscamden.com/Passport-Malaysia.html

johncar54
12th March 2010, 13:01
http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/Machine%20Readable%20Passport.htm.

This is not for UK but I would think the requirements for Filipinos passports are the same.

On this site there are examples of the photo required. If you print that out and take it to any photo shop where they take UK passport photos you should not have any trouble.

I have searched for DFA photos requirements but cannot find a web page.

john sergison
12th March 2010, 18:00
hello
we have just done my wifes passport renewal.

we went into our local phot studio and he took the picture, went into the back of the studio and came back with photo with lovely blue back ground.

set off to london because personal appearance required as you know.

cost of passport £36 ,,cost of the travel, food taxis to and from euston station another £220, you would think that the embassy would have honary consuls in places to do this more locally, as the passport renewal all goes to manila and back again anyway to be checked.

ANYWAY the photo was rejected because it had be colour altered on computer ,we did not know that was how the studio had done it.

so then we had to ask a staff member where to get one , go to picadilly circus there is a place there they said, as a northerner ,where is that from embassy.

coming out i swallowed my pride and asked a traffic warden,then after walking i asked a road sweeper and bless him he took us right to the place.

so if you have to do the same ,this is how you find it,

out of embassey doors
straight across the street
at the end of street after 30 yards turn right
walk upto the top , on your right is an angus beef resturant.
go past it and cross the road.
then turn to your left and walk about one hundred yards
infront of you is the stairs to picadilly underground
go down the stairs and 10 yards in on your left is a small store
with a couple of indian lads with all the different coloured back grounds for passports .
£5 and it was done

sorry it was long story but it may help others

john

estherboaz
12th March 2010, 20:24
so if you have to do the same ,this is how you find it,

out of embassey doors
straight across the street
at the end of street after 30 yards turn right
walk upto the top , on your right is an angus beef resturant.
go past it and cross the road.
then turn to your left and walk about one hundred yards
infront of you is the stairs to picadilly underground
go down the stairs and 10 yards in on your left is a small store
with a couple of indian lads with all the different coloured back grounds for passports .
£5 and it was done

john

do not worry about the id photos.you could have it done in picadilly just like what john sketched.my photo was taken there as well.

actually i qeued first in the embassy.and when i found out that there is a required background color, they gave me a calling card of that photo shop.luckily there was an indian lad outside asking those who are getting inside the embassy if they need an id picture.he accompanied me to thier shop in picadilly.

JJC
20th May 2010, 16:42
I had the same problem a few months back with my photos having shadow and I had an earing on (im a male) and the embassy gave me a calling card to the studio in charing cross. It was a 5 min walk.

I was expecting a little shop with a passport camera, but it was a studio with a professional camera. I was greeted by a filipino who showed me to a seat and the photographer took a few photos of me and let me choose the one I preferred.

It cost me £5 and I got 8 photos, which was nice and i'm not vain, but they looked flattering.

I have given this information to my cousin too:

REMOVED

It has a map to the shop from the embassy. I told my cousin to print it out as it can get quite confusing in central london. Once you are on the street called the Strand, look for the paperchase stationary store and go down the stairs next to it.

There is also a filipino minimart and hairdressers across the walkway, which was nice also.

DavidArt
23rd May 2010, 10:07
thank you guys for all of the info! sorry for the late answers! im going to do it this coming june ! thank you so much!