PDA

View Full Version : Updates from Braveheart

Braveheart
14th March 2010, 22:43
Hello to all,

It's been a long time since I last wrote or respond to any threads. But I do read some posts once in a while.

The pasts months was really difficult since I came here in Edinburgh last September 2009. Been missing my family in the Philippines so much especially during the Christmas season. The winter weather is not helping me much as well. Really depressing period. It was also the time that I was trying my luck in finding work but no luck until last week. Yehey! But despite of all the struggles and emotional difficulty I experienced during the past months, I am really thankful for my husband who is really very understanding and supportive.

I am also thankful to the Lord and I will be starting work soon and I can help my husband financially.

Just want to share with you guys. :)

Take care you all and it's really starting to have good weather these days. Been seeing sunny days more often...hmmmmm, but I heard that it's really so hot in the Philippines.

:)

abby
15th March 2010, 09:37
wow thats good to hear from you Braveheart.. Yah, winter is really depressing plus you its hard to find a job here.. Im happy for you.. Godbless to your work...

Enjoy the sunny days to come...

Braveheart
15th March 2010, 17:04
thank you abby for your well wishes. Take care :)

Sim11UK
15th March 2010, 21:45
Good for you Braveheart, it couldn't have been easy for you to give up everything, to come over here to the UK.
What with having the worst winter, for 30 odd years, I don't think many of us Brits have been smiling. :NoNo:

There suddenly seems to be a hint of spring in the air, a little bit of hope.

People will start to smile more, as the weather gets better. :BouncyHappy:

Sounds like you are starting to feel a little bit more at home now, stay positive. The best is yet to come. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Braveheart
18th March 2010, 02:10
thank you Sim11uk. Best regards to you too :)

pumpkins
18th March 2010, 09:40
hi braveheart congratulations to you.. as of me i am still looking for a job, i have been applying but no luck..i do not have references to give them with UK address..
i hope i can get job too so i can contribute with my husband.

joebloggs
18th March 2010, 11:49
hi braveheart congratulations to you.. as of me i am still looking for a job, i have been applying but no luck..i do not have references to give them with UK address..

your first job is always the hardest to get :cwm24:, dont give up :rolleyes:, sooner or later you'll get one..

it took my misses more than 6 months to find a job, and now shes looking for another job, i hope it dont take another 6 months :cwm24:

Braveheart
18th March 2010, 23:23

Hi Pumpkins,

I truely understand you so much.

For a time I was really disheartened. Modesty aside, I had a graduate degree and already in a middle management position in the Philippines.

When I decided to come over, I knew that I will probably be starting all over again and would probably be landing a job that is not in line with the career I already built-up in the Phils. I already accepted that.

I started sending out my job application the 2nd month I am here and I have been receiving regret letters since. Tried to apply to blue collar jobs as well and went as far as interviews and work trials but no luck and after several months, I got a job offer as a room attendant in a hotel. And with that, I am happy for the blessing.

Just broaden your search with different industries. Don't lose hope and just keep on sending applications and pray. God is good and just trust Him.

My husband used to tell me everytime I feel low, "You can only do your best and with that eventually you will get a job, it's just a matter of time"...be patient pumpkins...I know you will find a job.

With regards to references, the forms asks for previous employment references. So what I indicated was complete contact details of my previous employers in the Philippines.
Take care and all the best for you. Smile :)

Arthur Little
19th March 2010, 01:31
It's a crying shame really, :bigcry: that motivated people of graduate calibre ... even well-educated British citizens ... are finding themselves "twixt the devil and the deep blue sea" in the 'jobs market'. Meaning they are either too highly-qualified, or lack suitable experience for whatever types of work happen to be on offer when needed. Sign of the times, I guess! :rolleyes:

Therefore, you are to be commended for your determination and flexibility in order to support your husband.

Congratulations ... and good luck in your new venture. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

pumpkins
19th March 2010, 03:02
your first job is always the hardest to get :cwm24:, dont give up :rolleyes:, sooner or later you'll get one..

it took my misses more than 6 months to find a job, and now shes looking for another job, i hope it dont take another 6 months :cwm24:

Hi Pumpkins,

I truely understand you so much.

For a time I was really disheartened. Modesty aside, I had a graduate degree and already in a middle management position in the Philippines.

When I decided to come over, I knew that I will probably be starting all over again and would probably be landing a job that is not in line with the career I already built-up in the Phils. I already accepted that.

I started sending out my job application the 2nd month I am here and I have been receiving regret letters since. Tried to apply to blue collar jobs as well and went as far as interviews and work trials but no luck and after several months, I got a job offer as a room attendant in a hotel. And with that, I am happy for the blessing.

Just broaden your search with different industries. Don't lose hope and just keep on sending applications and pray. God is good and just trust Him.

My husband used to tell me everytime I feel low, "You can only do your best and with that eventually you will get a job, it's just a matter of time"...be patient pumpkins...I know you will find a job.

With regards to references, the forms asks for previous employment references. So what I indicated was complete contact details of my previous employers in the Philippines.
Take care and all the best for you. Smile :)

thanks for encouragement guys..
this monday ,my husband will phone the agency which recruit warehouse staff where my husband works..it would be nice to get job there so me and my husband can work at same shift, same rest days in a same company..that would be perfect..:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:
oh i really wish it happen:cwm12:

marlyn&kenny
19th March 2010, 04:57
It will pumpkins! Don't stop believing. Good luck girl!

pumpkins
19th March 2010, 11:50
It will pumpkins! Don't stop believing. Good luck girl!

thanks a lot marlyn

Braveheart
19th March 2010, 14:06
It's a crying shame really, :bigcry: that motivated people of graduate calibre ... even well-educated British citizens ... are finding themselves "twixt the devil and the deep blue sea" in the 'jobs market'. Meaning they are either too highly-qualified, or lack suitable experience for whatever types of work happen to be on offer when needed. Sign of the times, I guess! :rolleyes:

Therefore, you are to be commended for your determination and flexibility in order to support your husband.

Congratulations ... and good luck in your new venture. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you Arthur Little. As it is, I feel blessed and would gladly sacrifice for me and my husband. After all this is our future. :)

To pumpkins, that is good. Go for it! All the best! :)