PDA

View Full Version : passport amendment !

jonathan47
15th March 2010, 16:41
i am offnights so probably tired but cant get me head around this so i am asking my friends the forum!
as you know we got married and will apply for FLR soon but first we want to change/ammend annabels passport to her new name, the phil embassy say we have to attend we have the forms including registering our marriage and she has old style passport not machine readable so can be amended but no where can i find how you book an appointment at the embassy in london do we just turn up forms money in hand and will they do it that day or do we have to wait 4-6 weeks.
i am sure someone has been through this
please advise

regards

jonathan and annabel

Arthur Little
15th March 2010, 17:55
i am offnights so probably tired but cant get me head around this so i am asking my friends the forum!
as you know we got married and will apply for FLR soon but first we want to change/ammend annabels passport to her new name, the phil embassy say we have to attend we have the forms including registering our marriage and she has old style passport not machine readable so can be amended but no where can i find how you book an appointment at the embassy in london do we just turn up forms money in hand and will they do it that day or do we have to wait 4-6 weeks.
i am sure someone has been through this
please advise

regards

jonathan and annabel

I suppose it depends on how long Annabel has HAD her current passport, Jonathan ... but if it's not that old - and hence nowhere near due for renewal - then I don't see the necessity to have it changed solely for the purpose of applying for FLR. I'm not sure how things stand in this respect as regards registering your marriage with the Phils Embassy, though. :NoNo:

Bluebirdjones
15th March 2010, 17:56
... you just turn up.

The forms that u need to fill out are on the Embassy's website.
http://philembassy-uk.org/downloadable_forms.html

We amended the passport & registered the marriage at the same time.
We turned up about 10.30am, and then were told to come back at 4.00pm
when the passport was ready to collect.
But, wouldn't suggest getting there in the afternoon... as u might have to
return the next day.

BTW .... you only need the one set of passport photos for the TWO forms.

.... and also remember to get your missus to register to vote !

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
15th March 2010, 18:13
.... and also remember to get your missus to register to vote !

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:Erm: ... I assume you mean casting her vote in relation to the forthcoming Presidential Elections in the Philippines, Marc; that shouldn't be a problem. :NoNo: But of course, Annabel cannot be added to the Register of Electors in the UK until she has British Citizenship.

jonathan47
15th March 2010, 19:00
bbj and arthur,
once again you come to the rescue, many thaks for your help...will go down for a day in london hopefully pick a nice sunny day and get this done , also just booked FLR for 21/04/10 thats the first one available !

j & a