PDA

View Full Version : Live - Europa League

Win2Win
18th March 2010, 22:50
Liverpool take on Lille for a place in the Europa League quarter-finals, after Fulham reach the last eight with a stunning win over Juventus.

More... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/8575088.stm)

KeithD
19th March 2010, 09:35
Two great games last night, what a fantastic competition this Europa League is :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
19th March 2010, 09:45
Two great games last night, what a fantastic competition this Europa League is :xxgrinning--00xx3:

You only like it now, because the "pool" is playing against sunday league pub teams...:icon_lol:

KeithD
19th March 2010, 09:53
You only like it now, because the "pool" is playing against sunday league pub teams...:icon_lol:
You don't get scores like that in the CL, everyone plays to win by a goal, too much money involved to risk losing, so most play pretty defensive.

bornatbirth
19th March 2010, 10:58

it is pretty dire :D like winning the league cup :cwm24:

Dedworth
19th March 2010, 11:39
it is pretty dire :D like winning the league cup :cwm24:

And the team that thanks to some dodgy refereeing lifted this lump of scrap metal last month was ???????

KeithD
19th March 2010, 12:21
And the team that thanks to some dodgy refereeing lifted this lump of scrap metal last month was ???????
Andrew Lloyd Webber :Erm:

Well like you, he does make a song and dance about things :D

les_taxi
19th March 2010, 15:21
We won the domestic noddy cup and I expect lpool to win european noddy cup,some teams win nothing at all!

bornatbirth
19th March 2010, 15:45
We won the domestic noddy cup and I expect lpool to win european noddy cup,some teams win nothing at all!

like who :Erm:

triple5
19th March 2010, 15:53
cracking competition. Middlesborough had some classic games a few years back. and perhaps the best european final ever was Liverpool v Alaves :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jimeve
19th March 2010, 16:00
Liverpool should get used to playing in the two bob Europe league, they won't get the forth spot this season.

KeithD
19th March 2010, 18:47
Liverpool should get used to playing in the two bob Europe league, they won't get the forth spot this season.
I bloody well hope we don't :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jimeve
19th March 2010, 22:44
I bloody well hope we don't :xxgrinning--00xx3:

why not, they wont get any higher than fifth :Erm:

triple5
20th March 2010, 01:48
Apart from chelsea and man utd Liverpool have got a very easy run in (on paper), still need to hope those around us drop a few points as well, but still a good chance of 4th spot tho.

KeithD
20th March 2010, 09:47
why not, they wont get any higher than fifth :Erm:
If we don't qualify for the CL hopefully Benitez will bugger off :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
20th March 2010, 10:13
If we don't qualify for the CL hopefully Benitez will bugger off :xxgrinning--00xx3:

They haven't sacked him yet, because his contract is untouchable.....:doh

He gets 4/5 million quid for every missed season....:omg:

Dedworth
20th March 2010, 10:16

He gets 4/5 million quid for every missed season....:omg:

He's reputedly also got another 40 or so hangers on as his "staff" :icon_lol:

KeithD
20th March 2010, 10:43

Not quite, it'd only cost about £6M in all to get rid of him, a member of the Liverpool staff have confirmed this to me, and they lose up to 10X that much by not qualifying for the CL. On top of that, the others teams who want him would buy the contract off Liverpool, and so LFC would get money for getting rid of him :)

Dedworth
20th March 2010, 12:10
On top of that, the others teams who want him would buy the contract off Liverpool, and so LFC would get money for getting rid of him :)

So why haven't they done anything yet ? :D

KeithD
20th March 2010, 13:27
So why haven't they done anything yet ? :D
The big teams generally don't start exchanging till the summer transfer window, only those chasing tails do it mid-season..... eh Hull? :rolleyes:

adam&chryss
20th March 2010, 16:26
Rather be in the Champions league but Europa will do.
One thing that gets me is how Liverpool get slated blah blah blah for not qualifying from the group stages, then the mighty Chelski only play 2 games more in it and lose them both and its not a disaster.:Erm:

les_taxi
20th March 2010, 16:59
Rather be in the Champions league but Europa will do.
One thing that gets me is how Liverpool get slated blah blah blah for not qualifying from the group stages, then the mighty Chelski only play 2 games more in it and lose them both and its not a disaster.:Erm:

The difference is lpool were feeble in group stage,plus chelski can still win major trophies this season.

When knockout stage is reached not always the best team gets through although on this occasion they did:xxgrinning--00xx3: