PDA

View Full Version : help help help- wrong visa???

sparky
19th March 2010, 05:38
Myrna had her appt at the VFS today but they have told her she has the wrong application form:Erm:

now i filled it in online for her so i dont understand why they are saying this

i went on the link from vfs phil etc

now the only possible thing i can think of is- at the start of the online application it gives you a dropdown box and i chose wife from the options

if it is this then its not very clear on the site as to the correct visa

we have to reappoint with the correct visa by tues so i need to get a move on with this

bornatbirth
19th March 2010, 10:54
she is coming on a spouse visa right?

then you need VAF4A.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/vafs/

justchecking
19th March 2010, 10:56
This sounds unusual - i did the on-line application with my husband and clicked husband - printed it out, all OK. I would go to http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/vafs/ and get the VAF4a printed out, she can fill it in in pen, she can then take both back to the vfs - but don't worry about appointments, tell her to go at 7am Monday for drop-in, then you can always go back for the appointment on tuesday if needed

alesypalsy
19th March 2010, 13:24
Myrna had her appt at the VFS today but they have told her she has the wrong application form:Erm:

now i filled it in online for her so i dont understand why they are saying this

i went on the link from vfs phil etc

now the only possible thing i can think of is- at the start of the online application it gives you a dropdown box and i chose wife from the options

if it is this then its not very clear on the site as to the correct visa

we have to reappoint with the correct visa by tues so i need to get a move on with this

I done a example type application (a trial for the future if you like) And i thought exactly the same thing, it was not to clear which you should apply as, please let me know if it was this that was the problem,
thanks

sparky
19th March 2010, 15:33
i have just forwarded it to my email and printed it out

at the top it says VAF4A
visa type ;settlement
subtype ;wife

which is the correct one according to what i understand and what everyone else says

if you do it online then surely all you do is print out and take it along with the rest of the proofs- and you dont have to handwrite the hard copy????

i am now confused

bornatbirth
19th March 2010, 15:43
did your wife get confused when she went there and said she was applying for a fiancee visa instead? or the staff member is a pratt.

because you have right visa! :Erm:

sparky
20th March 2010, 00:10
did your wife get confused when she went there and said she was applying for a fiancee visa instead? or the staff member is a pratt.

because you have right visa! :Erm:

more this i think
my mrs can be fustrating at times but shes quite switched on overall

its just confusing the hell out of me

LEAHnew
20th March 2010, 06:13
Hi I suggest why not let your wife filled up (hand written) the application form which is VAF4A this time, since she got already the online print out from u, so she could re-write the info's in that form and to be more familiarized with the answers you've given...
and I've heard doing ONLINE prints here in Phil are mostly applying Student Visa:Erm: anyway just only my opinion:) Good luck!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

September
20th March 2010, 10:50
print it out and answer in handwritten with all capital letters

justchecking
21st March 2010, 23:31
I hope you have this sorted now - we printed and submitted the on-line form no problem (succesful too!) - so obvioulsy whoever interviewed her is....[see comment from bornatbirth]..... but it doesn't hurt to take the hand written form for those staff not yet familiar with the online print out - Take both and good luck