PDA

View Full Version : managers check

sparky
21st March 2010, 13:42
Hi everyone

how long is a managers check valid for -to pay for a visa?

my mr got hers issued on wed last week- so how long will it be vaild for before the visa has to be submitted

cheers in advance

somebody
21st March 2010, 19:19
Well a personal cheque in the Uk is six months I think from memory.

I cant see their being a problem for a few weeks or months. But hopefully someone knows in particular regarding the phill banking system.

I think we have a few members who have worked for banks in phill so maybe they know more:Erm:

Ross
21st March 2010, 23:38
[QUOTE=sparky;211360]Hi everyone

how long is a managers check valid for -to pay for a visa?

my mr got hers issued on wed last week- so how long will it be vaild for before the visa has to be submitted

cheers in advance[/QU

http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/visafees.aspx

pls note that the amouth that appears on managers cheque should be the correct amouth of the visa fee on the website or esle they wont accept it..:)

good luck mate

sars_notd_virus
22nd March 2010, 11:16
As far as I know - cheques can only be presented within 6 months of the date on the cheque.

sparky
22nd March 2010, 14:30
thanks everyone

thats one less problem:xxgrinning--00xx3:

mark99
28th March 2010, 14:19
It doesn't say on the VFS website who you are supposed to make the Managers Cheque out to or what document you need to bring into the bank, if any? What happens when you go in the bank since that MC's currently seem to be the only method of taking payment:

"With immediate effect visa fees must be paid with a Manager's Cheque (Bank Draft)

All other payment modes are temporarily suspended until further notice."

I assume you just go in, ask for an MC to be made out to a specific name/company and then book an appointment?

sparky
28th March 2010, 19:22
It doesn't say on the VFS website who you are supposed to make the Managers Cheque out to or what document you need to bring into the bank, if any? What happens when you go in the bank since that MC's currently seem to be the only method of taking payment:

"With immediate effect visa fees must be paid with a Manager's Cheque (Bank Draft)

All other payment modes are temporarily suspended until further notice."

I assume you just go in, ask for an MC to be made out to a specific name/company and then book an appointment?

you make it payable to-" british embassy manila" :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mark99
29th March 2010, 11:55
Thanks, then next week my fiancee will pop in and ask for a MC payable to 'British Embassy Manila' :)

bornatbirth
29th March 2010, 14:28
i think my wife paided in cash?

when she books the appointment for the visa, they should tell her the amount she needs to pay, tell her to go to the bank and pay for it and get the receipt.

best to ask which bank to pay at! :D