PDA

View Full Version : Loving my New Home

Dee31
23rd March 2010, 23:17
Hello Everyone!

I just thought to let you all know that i have arrived safely last February 27th at Heathrow Airport. It was a long flight and i traveled alone, I cried at NAIA airport when I bid farewell to my 7yo son and my Dad. I never thought how painful it was to be away with my son for the first time. But i know he can be with us soon... and I need to be strong for him. I left at around 10am via Qatar Airways. I bought my ticket a month before my scheduled flight, the one way flight cost me about Php 28k economy rate. It was a surprised though when the staff at the boarding area, gave me my boarding pass and told me, that my ticket was upgraded to business class. I love their first class services. We stop over in Qatar, after a luxurious 9hrs. The flight from Qatar to Uk was boring and long! I arrived at heathrow airport at around 10pm. The immigration officer only asked me, Why it took me so long to come to the UK? After i answered him, I was told to go straight to the health office. I was asked by the lady staff if i have bring my xray with me. When I said no. I was told that they need to take a chest xray of me. It lasted at about half an hour. And when i was done, my husband and my sister in law was waiting for me with a big smiles in their faces in the lounging area! It was wonderful to see him again. And it brought back tears in my eyes... I just like to thank each and everyone of you for all the help and encouragement. I am now living and loving each day and each moment with my husband in my new home here in Nuneaton, England. xxx

Doc Alan
23rd March 2010, 23:24
Just to say hello Dee, thank you for sharing your news and welcome :)

bornatbirth
23rd March 2010, 23:25
hey, its good to have you here!

hows the weather for you, how are you finding it.

im glad you had a good flight, i know leaving your son behind for a short time will be hard but im sure you will manage!!

good luck

Dee31
23rd March 2010, 23:28
Just to say hello Dee, thank you for sharing your news and welcome :)

Hello to you too Alan. :)

Dee31
23rd March 2010, 23:34
hey, its good to have you here!

hows the weather for you, how are you finding it.

im glad you had a good flight, i know leaving your son behind for a short time will be hard but im sure you will manage!!

good luck

Thank you! I love the weather. Truely I do. Even if it was freezing cold. I love the fresh air. We just moved in to a new house. So I am excited to build a new home. I can't wait to have my son be with us. :BouncyHappy:

Steve.r
23rd March 2010, 23:34
Welcome to the UK Dee. I hope you find the UK as interesting as I find Phil.

Steve

Dee31
23rd March 2010, 23:45
Welcome to the UK Dee. I hope you find the UK as interesting as I find Phil.

Steve

Interesting Indeed, Steve! The driver seat. The roads. The foods. The accent. The buildings. The weather. The way of life. So different from what i used to. But loving every minute... xx

joebloggs
23rd March 2010, 23:51
Thank you! I love the weather. Truely I do. Even if it was freezing cold. I love the fresh air. We just moved in to a new house. So I am excited to build a new home. I can't wait to have my son be with us. :BouncyHappy:

:doh you missed all the snow by a couple of weeks :freezin::36_1_26[1]:

welcome to :Britain:

Sim11UK
24th March 2010, 00:03
You seem to have adapted very well, good for you. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

The clocks change this weekend, so it will get lighter & lighter in the evenings & warmer too hopefully.

A good time to have arrived...welcome! :Hellooo:

Dee31
24th March 2010, 00:09
:doh you missed all the snow by a couple of weeks :freezin::36_1_26[1]:

welcome to :Britain:

Thank you Joe! It stopped snowing a week after i arrived. But still freezing cold. It dropped down to -2c on my first week. And i can't even talk straight, coz it is so cold! :cwm3:

Dee31
24th March 2010, 00:16
You seem to have adapted very well, good for you. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

The clocks change this weekend, so it will get lighter & lighter in the evenings & warmer too hopefully.

A good time to have arrived...welcome! :Hellooo:

Oh i surely hope so. I can't wait to wear lighter clothes. :D xx

South-east boy
24th March 2010, 00:21
Thank you Joe! It stopped snowing a week after i arrived. But still freezing cold. It dropped down to -2c on my first week. And i can't even talk straight, coz it is so cold! :cwm3:

:icon_lol: How many layers of clothes did you wear? I bet you've never worn so many together at the same time?! Glad your settling in well and liking it here! :)

Arthur Little
24th March 2010, 01:16
Hello again, Dee ... and :welcomex: to the UK. It's a wee bit chilly yet ... or, more accurately, it's :freezin: ... but Spring's not far off, and the nights are getting lighter for longer. And whilst I can appreciate how sad it is :bigcry: to be parted from loved ones ... even if only temporarily ... I'm pleased to read how well you're settling in at your new home with your husband. God Bless! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

liane
24th March 2010, 06:45
Hi Dee, glad to know that you're settling fine in UK.
Thank you for the information and enjoy your stay :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
24th March 2010, 11:46
This is so sweet :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

South-east boy
24th March 2010, 12:33
Hello again, Dee ... and :welcomex: to the UK. It's a wee bit chilly yet ... or, more accurately, it's :freezin: ... but Spring's not far off, and the nights are getting lighter for longer. And whilst I can appreciate how sad it is :bigcry: to be parted from loved ones ... even if only temporarily ... I'm pleased to read how well you're settling in at your new home with your husband. God Bless! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Is IS oficially Spring now Arthur as Spring started on March 20th. :Jump:

maria_and_matt
24th March 2010, 16:35
welcome dee! hope u get reunited with your soon.

GaryFifer
24th March 2010, 20:25
what do you enjoy the most?

stevewool
24th March 2010, 21:32
hi there Dee i am hoping soon to bring my emma here to england she is from cavite also, we plan to live not far from nuneaton so if you and emma would like to be intouch let me know

estherboaz
24th March 2010, 21:52
Dee, welcome to england!

Dee31
24th March 2010, 22:30
:icon_lol: How many layers of clothes did you wear? I bet you've never worn so many together at the same time?! Glad your settling in well and liking it here! :)

ha! i wore two coats at the same time! and yes it's a first and i thought i look silly in it. :D

i am looking forward to living here for good. I have a job interview tomorrow. I need a good luck. :)

Dee31
24th March 2010, 22:37

It was hard... but I have faith with God. And I know that my son will be with me soon. Thank you Arthur. xx God bless!

Dee31
24th March 2010, 22:39
Hi Dee, glad to know that you're settling fine in UK.
Thank you for the information and enjoy your stay :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you Liane. I hope you get your visa soon too. xxx

Florge
24th March 2010, 22:40
welcome to the sunny UK (wishful thinking)... hehehe..... too bad you missed the most wonderful winter in UK history ... lol...

Dee31
24th March 2010, 22:40
This is so sweet :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

:D

Dee31
24th March 2010, 22:53
welcome dee! hope u get reunited with your soon.

Thank you. I am tryin to save up for his visa fee. xx

@ GaryFifer. I think i enjoyed the market days here, every wednesday and saturday, there's lots of bargains! :D

@ Stevewool. Hello Steve. Have your wife applied for spouse visa yet? If you have any question, feel free to ask, i'd love to help. And when she gets here, i'd love to meet up. I met a pinay girl in the town working at topper. We became fast friends.

@ Estherboaz. Thank you. xx

@ Florge. lol Oh it would be lovely if its a sunny uk. I can't wait til summer then. :D

lizaphil
24th March 2010, 23:56
Hello Everyone!

I just thought to let you all know that i have arrived safely last February 27th at Heathrow Airport. It was a long flight and i traveled alone, I cried at NAIA airport when I bid farewell to my 7yo son and my Dad. I never thought how painful it was to be away with my son for the first time. But i know he can be with us soon... and I need to be strong for him. I left at around 10am via Qatar Airways. I bought my ticket a month before my scheduled flight, the one way flight cost me about Php 28k economy rate. It was a surprised though when the staff at the boarding area, gave me my boarding pass and told me, that my ticket was upgraded to business class. I love their first class services. We stop over in Qatar, after a luxurious 9hrs. The flight from Qatar to Uk was boring and long! I arrived at heathrow airport at around 10pm. The immigration officer only asked me, Why it took me so long to come to the UK? After i answered him, I was told to go straight to the health office. I was asked by the lady staff if i have bring my xray with me. When I said no. I was told that they need to take a chest xray of me. It lasted at about half an hour. And when i was done, my husband and my sister in law was waiting for me with a big smiles in their faces in the lounging area! It was wonderful to see him again. And it brought back tears in my eyes... I just like to thank each and everyone of you for all the help and encouragement. I am now living and loving each day and each moment with my husband in my new home here in Nuneaton, England. xxx

welcome to the uk :ARsurrender::ARsurrender:

Dee31
27th March 2010, 14:02
welcome to the uk :ARsurrender::ARsurrender:

Salamat Liza. xxx