PDA

View Full Version : going the the philippines on april 18, im british and have questions huhuhu

\\\\ToNy////
27th March 2010, 11:33
this will be my first time to go on a plane and im very nervous, im going there with a filipino friend and his wife and there 2 year old son, and ill be marrying his sister if all goes well, his sister lives in nueva ecija,ill be staying there for 1 month,
yesdrday i went to the doctors about being vaccinated:doh,thay gave me a list but dont know which ones i need
yellow fever £65
hepititis b (course) £90
test immunity status £20
meningitis ACWY £45
rabies (course) £95
malaria tablets £13
:Brick:i can afford the malaria tablets and the immunity test and that will leave me with about £100 to take to the philippines, i thought these injections would be free, i cant afford these terrable prices, can i get any of these vaccines in the philippines, i know the rabies ones there are free for philippinos, i seen that on tv,
more questions, hope someone can help:cwm12:

do i need a visa? and where do i get one from, im in the west midlands,

can i get travel insurance from any travel agent on the high street? average cost?

how big can my hand luggage be, i want to put my 10inch laptop in there and mayby a magazine and sweets,

is there anything else i need to know

Sim11UK
27th March 2010, 12:04
Tony....is this for real?????????

Do not go to the Philippines with £100 add another 0 on the end if you are going for a month. :doh

pennybarry
27th March 2010, 12:11
IMHO no need vaccines/tablets.:D
Nueva Ecija is such a nice place and not polluted.
Take your laptop-hand carry. 7 kilos is allowed but someteimes depends upon airlines.
Travel Insurance is great.:)
No need to apply visa.
But apply extention visa there (Immigration and Deportation Office) if you think you'll stay more than 28 days.
Know her well before you marry and wish she is the same.:D

\\\\ToNy////
27th March 2010, 12:13
yup is true huhuhu, uk bills have eaten all my money, especialy my car bills, ill be staying there at her home so wont need any money, only need to buy things like deodrant ect

Steve.r
27th March 2010, 12:14
and ill be marrying his sister if all goes well, his

Lucky girl i am sure :NoNo:

I am also going to be there then, where you staying ?

Sim11UK
27th March 2010, 12:19
IMHO no need vaccines/tablets.:D
Nueva Ecija is such a nice place and not polluted.
Take your laptop-hand carry. 7 kilos is allowed but someteimes depends upon airlines.
Travel Insurance is great.:)
No need to apply visa.
But apply extention visa there (Immigration and Deportation Office) if you think you'll stay more than 28 days.
Know her well before you marry and wish she is the same.:D

Trouble is he will need to extend his visa Penny if he stays for a month, which cost me over 5000 php.

Tony if you are serious about going, Penny has given you some good advice, but you really need to do your homework.

I got all of my jabs free, at the local Health Centre.

pennybarry
27th March 2010, 12:22
Trouble is he will need to extend his visa Penny if he stays for a month, which cost me over 5000 php.

Tony if you are serious about going, Penny has given you some good advice, but you really need to do your homework.

It would be better for him to stay not longer for a month if he's out of budget.

Take your credit card with you Tony. Just swipe and swipe until you want . :Cuckoo::Rasp:

\\\\ToNy////
27th March 2010, 12:22
:xxgrinning--00xx3::)thankyou so much pennybarry, i feel so much better now, think my hand luggage will only weigh about 3kg, anymore than that and my arm aches

pennybarry
27th March 2010, 12:30
:xxgrinning--00xx3::)thankyou so much pennybarry, i feel so much better now, think my hand luggage will only weigh about 3kg, anymore than that and my arm aches

Hmmm, add more lotsa chokies and perfumes, if you want to make her feel more happy. :cwm12:

\\\\ToNy////
27th March 2010, 12:38
hehehe, yes she love chokies more than me :), well have a lovely saturday, nice and sunny outside, im going in the town now, take care

laurel
27th March 2010, 12:44
Tony if you are going for a month, then you can get a visa from the Phils embassy in London, costs about 22 pounds its very straightforward. Download form from their website , then send off by post or travel down. If its by post then do ASAP, you still have plenty of time but best to get it done pronto just in case .....enjoy your trip:)

Sim11UK
27th March 2010, 12:47
Tony if you are going for a month, then you can get a visa from the Phils embassy in London, costs about 22 pounds its very straightforward. Download form from their website , then send off by post or travel down. If its by post then do ASAP, you still have plenty of time but best to get it done pronto just in case .....enjoy your trip:)

Good advice Laurel...I forgot that option

pennybarry
27th March 2010, 12:49
hehehe, yes she love chokies more than me :), well have a lovely saturday, nice and sunny outside, im going in the town now, take care

Enjoy Tony! We're going out this afternoon as today is a lovely day here.
Yesterday was raining too much.
Look for Thorntorns chockies as they may have sale chockies there.
We love chockies.:cwm12:
I bought about 3 kilos here. Cost only 49p / pack.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
27th March 2010, 13:28

ME too ... at my GP's surgery. :)

Arthur Little
27th March 2010, 13:37

:Erm: ... [think] it's a maximum of 21 days without a visa. Which is a bit of a pain in Tony's case, given that he plans to stay for a full month!

Arthur Little
27th March 2010, 13:47

:iagree: ... sounds like a better deal! Have a great time ... whatever you decide, Tony. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Doc Alan
27th March 2010, 14:03
yesdrday i went to the doctors about being vaccinated:doh,thay gave me a list but dont know which ones i need

I assume you saw your doctor privately (not NHS).
Yellow fever vaccination not necessary if travelling from UK.
Hepatitis B - low risk.
Hepatitis A - should be given.
Test immunity status - only if you've no record of past vaccinations / illnesses.
Typhoid - should be given.
Meningitis -not necessary.
Rabies - avoid wild / stray domestic animals - pre-exposure vaccination only for remote areas.
Tetanus,diphtheria, polio (combined) - should be given.
Malaria tablets - depends on where you're going (but they're the ONLY item which you need to buy - £25 is a more realistic price). Buy insect repellent containing DEET, tropical strength (about £7).
Suncare lotion, very high (50) protection (also about £7).
Not only can you get advice from your NHS doctor / nurse, but you can also find information on the web (VIS online, netdoctor.co.uk).

joebloggs
27th March 2010, 14:04

Do not go to the Philippines with £100 add another 0 on the end if you are going for a month. :doh

:xxgrinning--00xx3:
listen to Si, you'll need more than £100 or you will not be able to do anything or go anywhere :doh

jabs should be free, who gave you those prices ?

you'll definitely need travel insurance, i think £30+ for a month

RickyR
27th March 2010, 14:24
I agree with all of the other advice, you really will need to ensure you have more money. If your tight you should have a credit card with enough limit for emergencies.

Ensure that you have a comprehensive travel insurance policy which covers the Philippines and all emergency medical treatment.

Take a photocopy of your passport, insurance and travel details and pass this on to someone at home and take a copy with you seperate in your baggage.

Register with the British Embassy before you travel; http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/staying-safe/Locate/

I don't think the Philippines is a Yellow Fever area, so thats not necessary. As for Malaria, in North Luzon it is unlikely you'll be affected but do check. Also do some research about the tablets you'll take if you do take anti-malaria ones. I have my own personal opinions on this which may not be the view of everyone.

Read this before you go http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/travel-advice-by-country/asia-oceania/philippines

As for cabin baggage allowance, it depends which airline. But if its with the major carriers then normally you'll be allowed a cabin bag upto around 10 or 15kg PLUS a laptop. If you are planning on using any internal flights in the Philippines, some of them have serious baggage restrictions on the ATR and Dash 8 Turboprop Aircraft. But I'm guessing you'll probably be flying into Manila and then catching a bus up North.

Remember that you are not allowed liquids or sharps in your hand baggage. You can carry a small clear pouch, and would recommend you put some small toothpaste, a mini deodorant (you can get these in boots and tesco) etc. Always put a spare set of clothes in your hand baggage, and anything which you would really need when you get to the Philippines. Most of the times your bags will arrive untampered, but occasionally bags get delayed, go astray or have items missing.

Also, you'll find that people in the Philippines are very friendly and helpful, but don't let this blind you from the con artists, crims and scammers that you'll find everywhere in the world.

RickyR
27th March 2010, 14:32
... and one more thing, don't let this worry or concern you too much, but do consider that the Philippines General Election will be held on the 10th of May. I would consider a hightened risk to your security during this time, and would recommend you be a little bit cautious of any political rallies and steer clear of anything of that kind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippine_general_election,_2010

somebody
27th March 2010, 14:38
Tony What Airline you flying with. 3KG of handluggage is not alot at all? I would advise you have at least a set of spare clothes with you just in case your checked in luggage goes walkies.

As others said a hundred pounds is not going to get you far and what would you do in an emgencies?

Be careful with travel insurance make sure it will cover phill and the area your going to, not all off the shelf travel insurance will cover you and many of those selling it will forget to either check what your doing or mention any possible clauses due to your choice of location..

aromulus
27th March 2010, 19:28
Are you sure you want to commit yourself to go to Philippines with £100 in your pockets...???:Erm:

Do you seriously think that this paltry amount will pave the way for the miriad of different expenses that will raise their ugly heads whilst over there...?:Erm:

A bare minimum for that lenght of time should be at least £1000, and a visa card for emergencies.

I don't know who has been advising you, or cajoling you into making the trip, but something doesn't add up at all.:doh

All I can say is ... Good luck.:Hellooo:

aposhark
27th March 2010, 19:47
Are you sure you want to commit yourself to go to Philippines with £100 in your pockets...???:Erm:

Do you seriously think that this paltry amount will pave the way for the miriad of different expenses that will raise their ugly heads whilst over there...?:Erm:

A bare minimum for that lenght of time should be at least £1000, and a visa card for emergencies.

I don't know who has been advising you, or cajoling you into making the trip, but something doesn't add up at all.:doh

I agree with Dom about £100 being insufficient and that you need a Visa card for emergencies.
Best to take more than you need and take home anything that's left over.

You don't want to be stuck there with no money and embarrassed that you cannot pay to get to the airport at the end of your time there :doh

Plan ahead \\\\ToNy//// :xxgrinning--00xx3:

adam&chryss
27th March 2010, 19:49
100 quid? blimey I wouldnt worry about getting married cos she wont be interested if thats all ya got :yikes:
Like others said take at least a grand or have access to it via an ATM or something. Thats what i`ve done before.
You`ll be expected to pay for any meals that you eat at restaurants and such so you`ll need it.
Plus dont forget you need about a tenner just to get out of the place, i.e. airport tax so that leaves you with 90 quid eh. :REGamblMoney01HL1:

aposhark
27th March 2010, 20:02
100 quid? blimey I wouldnt worry about getting married cos she wont be interested if thats all ya got :yikes:
Like others said take at least a grand or have access to it via an ATM or something. Thats what i`ve done before.
You`ll be expected to pay for any meals that you eat at restaurants and such so you`ll need it.
Plus dont forget you need about a tenner just to get out of the place, i.e. airport tax so that leaves you with 90 quid eh. :REGamblMoney01HL1:

You will also be expected to pay for everything at the restaurant too, even if ten people join you. :doh
The exchange rate, even though not the best at the moment at 67 PHP to the £, will still allow you to "look after people" and buy presents.
It is quite hard to understand if you haven't been there, but you will experience poverty that you will not see in the Midlands.

You will be talked about if you are not generous.
I am not saying that you have to be foolish with your money but certainly don't be stingy.

Besides, if you are getting married on this trip there you should prepare for these costs........

aromulus
27th March 2010, 20:11
Besides, if you are getting married on this trip there you should prepare for these costs........

Wedding reception.... Jollibee's for two....:icon_lol:

cheeky
27th March 2010, 20:13
You will also be expected to pay for everything at the restaurant too, even if ten people join you. :doh
The exchange rate, even though not the best at the moment at 67 PHP to the £, will still allow you to "look after people" and buy presents.
It is quite hard to understand if you haven't been there, but you will experience poverty that you will not see in the Midlands.

You will be talked about if you are not generous.
I am not saying that you have to be foolish with your money but certainly don't be stingy.

Yes thats very much my experience......my hands are in my pocket paying for all sorts of things, but you know what with my lovely fiancee I wouldn't change a thing. I have never experienced such warmth from a family, I felt part of their family so quickly and now hearing my fiancee's niece shout Tito Colin at the airport is great!!!

joebloggs
27th March 2010, 20:37

:xxgrinning--00xx3: I've always taken about £1,000 in cash, and after 2wks i've never had anything left :doh, and thats staying at my misses place and eating in sometimes, sure if you dont go out and eat, or doing anything you can last on less, but some holiday that will be :NoNo: never mind a wedding :NoNo: and you want to go for a month :crazy:

RickyR
27th March 2010, 20:52
To be realistic, the minimum you should consider is about 100 pounds per week.

cheeky
27th March 2010, 21:03

more more pls :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:....better to have more than less for a first time traveller. .:Erm::Erm::Erm::REGamblMoney01HL1::REGamblMoney01HL1:

Sim11UK
27th March 2010, 21:15

Yes I'd agree with you, you can live reasonably comfortably on that amount, if you have accommodation. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

triple5
27th March 2010, 21:23
£100 a week is what I'm going to be trying to get by on when I go out next week for a couple of months. In the past - when there for 2 weeks holiday - I've been happy to pay the bills in restaurants and outings when there's others tagging along, but not this time. Let them call me stingy :rolleyes:

I can't see how £100 would stretch a month.

Sim11UK
27th March 2010, 21:34
£100 a week is what I'm going to be trying to get by on when I go out next week for a couple of months. In the past - when there for 2 weeks holiday - I've been happy to pay the bills in restaurants and outings when there's others tagging along, but not this time. Let them call me stingy :rolleyes:

I can't see how £100 would stretch a month.

On my 2 month trip, around 8000 php a week, I reckoned on...Of course, it depends, what part of the Philippines you are staying in...Think you're staying in Davao aren't you, which will be more expensive, but still should be ok. :Erm:

\\\\ToNy////
27th March 2010, 21:39
:cwm12:my heads spinning after reading all that, well ive just checked how much cash ill have, should be £200/£300, her brother and wife will help me if im short of chash, as she offered to pay for my flight at the end of last year but i would feel guilty so i said its ok ill pay, im in this mess with money because last year i was made redundant and didnt find a new job until october, costs about £40 per week petrol so has been next to impossible to save money because my wage is minimum wage, this year i hope to find a better job thats closer to home, installing car audio ect,

so next week ill sort my visa out as soon as posible,
find a nhs health centre?
get insurance next friday,
later when im home ill read everything more closely and write everything down,
im flying from birmingham with emirates to dubai then to manila, and from there one of the family will pick us up in the car

triple5
27th March 2010, 21:41
Yes, Sim, I'll be staying in Davao. My plan is to budget for the first month, so will hopefully have some spare cash for a few trips elsewhere second month.

joebloggs
27th March 2010, 22:01
im flying from birmingham with emirates to dubai then to manila, and from there one of the family will pick us up in the car

if you do get married, you'll need to pay for a spouse visa (around £585) and her air ticket( £400+)

before you apply for her visa, you'll need around £2,000 in your bank for the last 6 months, a job and somewhere for her to live..

if you've only met her once, that could be a problem when applying for a visa, so you better collect as much evidence you have a genuine relationship as possible if you dont want to risk a refusal.

so start borrowing money from family or friends now , find a part time job.. and good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sim11UK
27th March 2010, 22:11
I know things are difficult Tony, but £100 is just not enough. In your position, I'd still want £500?

You'll be a long way from home & with no real knowledge of the country, you may need extra, for emergencies.

You'll be surprised, how expensive, it can be, when all those little things you didn't account for, add up...Having said that, millions of Filipino's live on much much less. :cwm24:

New Shoes
27th March 2010, 22:15

Read this post!! I agree 100%

I pity the poor girl who thinks you're going to be a good catch. Sounds like you can't even support yourself, let alone a partner.

aposhark
27th March 2010, 23:24
:cwm12:my heads spinning after reading all that, well ive just checked how much cash ill have, should be £200/£300, her brother and wife will help me if im short of chash, as she offered to pay for my flight at the end of last year but i would feel guilty so i said its ok ill pay, im in this mess with money because last year i was made redundant and didnt find a new job until october, costs about £40 per week petrol so has been next to impossible to save money because my wage is minimum wage, this year i hope to find a better job thats closer to home, installing car audio ect,

Hi Tony,
You don't need a Visa to enter the Philippines if you are a British subject.
You will only be able to stay for a few weeks after you arrive and you will have to go to the immigration and pay for a visa extension!

I would strongly advise you to search through this forum (and read Pete's site at http://www.british-filipino.com/) and get lots of ideas about so many things relating to the Philippines.
We have all had to start sifting through the threads and posts to understand more to make our goals easier to achieve.
If you spend time here and make lots of notes, I feel certain your stay in the Philippines will be more rewarding. More importantly, you will almost certainly have a better time with your Filipina lady.

Ask questions here if you cannot find what you are looking for.

Many of us have successfully courted our Mahals and taken things through to bringing our wives back to the UK to be with us.

It will not be easy and it will be expensive, but if you are in love you will find ways to solve all the problems and climb the hill to your goals.

What we see is what we get, so start your searching and the best of luck to you :)

bornatbirth
27th March 2010, 23:27

I pity the poor girl who thinks you're going to be a good catch. Sounds like you can't even support yourself, let alone a partner.

could be worse, they might be meeting you :icon_lol:

its usually the filipina who needs some help with cash, the exchange is like 69 peso to the £1, you will be out of cash in a few days.

delay getting married until you win the lottery :Erm:

\\\\ToNy////
27th March 2010, 23:28
grrr i just spent 15 mins writeing a reply and at the end my pc turns this page off:)fantastic,
anyway, i know that a good heart isnt enough but its all i have, and she stil loves me so i think she has a good heart also,
ill let you all know how things go,
ill need all the luck i can get, thankyou all so much for the advise,

triple5
27th March 2010, 23:37

I would take this comment with a pinch of salt, Tony. Look at this way - if you have very little money you will soon get an idea if your girl is genuinely in love with you or not. There's plenty who splash the cash and have no idea they're just being used.

Enjoy the trip :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Northerner
27th March 2010, 23:38
Tony, Like everyone is saying. £100 is way too little!

I went for 3 weeks and spent about £1200 overall, granted I did overspend in some areas, but I also budgeted when I could. I think the lowest I ever spent was about 300 pesos in a day, which is about £4.40 ish in todays prices. But that was just my food for that day. When other expenses came to play it would be difficult to imagine living on less than 1000 pesos a day.

I would suggest saving up a bit longer if possible or taking a credit card if you have one, worry about repayments when you get back.

Oh, really, do not forget the sunblock!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
28th March 2010, 00:02
*I pity the poor girl who thinks you're going to be a good catch. Sounds like you can't even support yourself, let alone a partner.

I would take this comment with a pinch of salt, Tony.

:iagree: ... such *condescension is completely out of order - and totally uncalled for!

keithAngel
28th March 2010, 10:53
Brave desision Tony there most of the population lives on less it will be an experience for you and help get rid of the view that the west is a land of milk and honey

I have never worried about malaria nor yet met any one who had it wont protect against dengue either that a day time mossie just get your travel insurance and cover up at dusk if your not in big population centers borrowing money from filipinos may get you in the guiness book of records:icon_lol: watch out for the interest though

Her sister clearly knows you as a nice guy and a worthy catch have fun:xxgrinning--00xx3:

IainBusby
28th March 2010, 11:29
ill be marrying his sister if all goes well.

Have you got a a Certificate of No Impediment from your local registry office? You'll need this if you intend to get married whilst your there.

that will leave me with about £100 to take to the philippines.

As others have already said, that is no where near enough, especially if you intend to get married.

i thought these injections would be free
Whenever I've been to the Philippines my injections have always been free at my local doctor's surgery.

IainBusby
28th March 2010, 11:39

That's what I found when we invited my brother-in law, sister-in-law and their 2 kids out for dinner and 12 other members of the extended family turned up as well.:Erm::Erm::Erm:

englishbird
28th March 2010, 12:10
Hi.

On my first trip to Manila I took £500 and I only went for a week!. Maybe that was abit over the top but I was slightly worried about running out of money and there was a possibility that my credit card would'nt work. Infact my credit card would'nt work, even though I had told my bank that I may be using it in the Philippines.:cwm23:

Good Luck Tony!:)

liane
28th March 2010, 14:41
Some hundreds won't get you that far even if you will be staying with your girlfriend. That amount won't last for a month, expect to be going a lot of times with her family and you if you chose to extend your visa in the Philippines it would cost you about Php3,030 + transportation and meal allowance going to the immigration etc. At least have something like 1000 pounds because you're staying for a month and save some more if you want to get married here :)

Arthur Little
28th March 2010, 14:42
:iagree: ... such condescension is completely out of order - and totally uncalled for!

Many thanks to whoever gave me 'Rep' for this observation ... much appreciated! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

liane
28th March 2010, 15:17
anyway, i know that a good heart isnt enough but its all i have, and she stil loves me so i think she has a good heart also,
:heartshape1: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

complex
28th March 2010, 15:26

lol that was my first thought, i'm here at the moment and wished I had just spent £100 :laugher:

But seriously, for someone intending to get married you don't seem very prepared!

Go to your GP about the jabs they will advise you the current vaccines you need and hopefully will give you for free, but before I left in January they wasn't giving any travel vaccines as they was busy vaccinating for winter flu and pig flu, so I had to pay privately which isn't cheap.

I would buy a good travel book, lonely planet is decent, but any up to date one will be of some help.

Good luck!

triple5
28th March 2010, 16:04
Many thanks to whoever gave me 'Rep' for this observation ... much appreciated! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ditto. cheers whoever it was :xxgrinning--00xx3:

junior02
28th March 2010, 16:08
Ive just read your thread. and i can"t believe what i read. You cant be serious about going to phils to get married with £100 and staying there for 1 month? unless your future wife is rich and going to pay for everything which would make you luckiest man in the world.After you change you £100 at airport you have 6500peso -750 dep tax leaves you with 190peso a day and unless you can live like a lot of the poor people there living in sqwat with no electric and running water and eating 3 bowls of rice n malongi per day, you better cancel your flight n hope you get some money back on your ticket.It will cost you more than £100 to get to nueva ecija after you have spent 1 nite in manila which you prob have to do even if your just going there.You have to understand that philippines is not a cheap country if your forigener and certanly not that cheap (you would struggle to stay in goa for month on £100). If your going to go there for month you will need min £1000 and you wont be able to have a great time there on that, if its your first trip and you want to see few places and have a fab time you will need min £2500plus credit cards. And as for getting married dont you think you be better off visiting her a few times over 1year period and then think about going there to get married.If you do go there with £100 you will be sleeping outside you future wifes house in the road believe me.

aromulus
28th March 2010, 16:15
Ive just read your thread. and i can"t believe what i read. You cant be serious about going to phils to get married with £100 and staying there for 1 month? unless your future wife is rich and going to pay for everything which would make you luckiest man in the world.After you change you £100 at airport you have 6500peso -750 dep tax leaves you with 190peso a day and unless you can live like a lot of the poor people there living in sqwat with no electric and running water and eating 3 bowls of rice n malongi per day, you better cancel your flight n hope you get some money back on your ticket.It will cost you more than £100 to get to nueva ecija after you have spent 1 nite in manila which you prob have to do even if your just going there.You have to understand that philippines is not a cheap country if your forigener and certanly not that cheap (you would struggle to stay in goa for month on £100). If your going to go there for month you will need min £1000 and you wont be able to have a great time there on that, if its your first trip and you want to see few places and have a fab time you will need min £2500plus credit cards. And as for getting married dont you think you be better off visiting her a few times over 1year period and then think about going there to get married.If you do go there with £100 you will be sleeping outside you future wifes house in the road believe me.

Awwwwwwwwwwww....:NoNo:

Don't burst his bubble.....:cwm24: :bigcry:

junior02
28th March 2010, 16:26
The man is having a laugh. Funniset thing ive read for long time, made my day. HEEEEHEEE

Doc Alan
28th March 2010, 16:37
The man is having a laugh.
Even if that is true, all the posts in response to this thread have not been in vain - there's much useful information for those who are serious about planning to visit the Philippines (and worthy of more than one rep ...you know who you are !):xxgrinning--00xx3:

triple5
28th March 2010, 16:37
if its your first trip and you want to see few places and have a fab time you will need min £2500plus credit cards

you can do it on half that - even less - and still have a "fab" time.

junior02
28th March 2010, 16:55
Even if that is true, all the posts in response to this thread have not been in vain - there's much useful information for those who are serious about planning to visit the Philippines (and worthy of more than one rep ...you know who you are !):xxgrinning--00xx3:

Iunderstand what you mean, were all here to help each other in responding. but nobody can be serious about going 2 a third world country for 1 month on £100.If anybody were to go there on so little they could find themselfs in a lot of trouble if they coudnt change ther ticket home after they ran out of money.

junior02
28th March 2010, 17:18

I totally agree. I cant believe anybody can even think about doing such a thing. Also a good filipina that wants to marry a foreginer are hoping to better ther life and ther familys and do you think that somebody going ther with £100 will be able to do that. A lot of filipinos are poor enough they certainly dont wont to be burdaned with a pennyless foreginer.

aposhark
28th March 2010, 17:24
Iunderstand what you mean, were all here to help each other in responding. but nobody can be serious about going 2 a third world country for 1 month on £100.If anybody were to go there on so little they could find themselfs in a lot of trouble if they coudnt change ther ticket home after they ran out of money.

I think the clue to Tony's situation was in his first sentence when he mentioned it will be his first flight.
He has not travelled a long way out of the UK so his naivety is easy to understand as he hasn't had anyone he trusts to give him the basic facts he needs.
He has understood from his friends that the Philippines is not as rich as the UK, but they did not tell him how much money he will need when he gets there. They are probably encouraging him in his dreams, as he is marrying a friend's sister.
I just hope he is reading all of the replies in this thread and to not be put off by everyone's replies, but to see them as friendly advice. After all, we are mostly seasoned hands at this and a few of us are better travelled than most.

Tony, if you are reading this, do not think about marrying this lady until you have known her a while and have built up a lot of trust with her over time.
Take your time and just go and have fun the first visit.
Filipinas can capture your heart very easily, but you must temper your desires for the future with a dose of realism.
If you enjoy her company face-to-face and she is a sensible lady, she will understand your financial situation and will back you up with your joint dream.
You will need to build up "evidence of relationship" for her probable visa application, this takes time and everything needs to be documented and planned for.

Everything can be done, but in the right way and unfortunately it will be an expensive adventure.
So, don't go without £500 minimum and look for good solid work in the UK to fund your adventures.

somebody
28th March 2010, 17:27
If we see past the 100 quid what worries me is these friends of you who want you to marry the sister. It sounds like they happy to sub you to get her over...

triple5
28th March 2010, 17:30
Also a good filipina that wants to marry a foreginer are hoping to better ther life and ther familys

So all good filipinas are only in it for the money eh :Erm:

junior02
28th March 2010, 17:50
So all good filipinas are only in it for the money eh :Erm:

Did i mention money. i said they want a better life. The point i was trying to make that a person dosent want fause hope in meeting somebody and getting ther hopes up and getting married if the person has no money to pay for it.Come on things cost a lot of money now days and certainly if you want to marry in phils or anywhere in the world.

bornatbirth
28th March 2010, 18:03
Did i mention money. i said they want a better life. The point i was trying to make that a person dosent want fause hope in meeting somebody and getting ther hopes up and getting married if the person has no money to pay for it.Come on things cost a lot of money now days and certainly if you want to marry in phils or anywhere in the world.

lol, where have you been hiding with such helpful advice.

everybody as a different story and tony can learn by himself, i dont think he needs you to take the :censored:

triple5
28th March 2010, 18:07

How does simply marrying a girl provide her family with a better life, unless it's financial? You're right though, weddings aint cheap.

junior02
28th March 2010, 18:18
How does simply marrying a girl provide her family with a better life, unless it's financial? You're right though, weddings aint cheap.

filipinos are hard working people, and high percentage live and work abroad if its through being married to a foreginer or like most they have been lucky enough to find a job in another country and nearly all send money home to help ther familys.

Steve.r
28th March 2010, 18:24
Now I don't want to throw the proverbial cat amoungst the pigeons......but..... Has anyone thought that Tony has been a little bit led astray by the sister, encouraging him to marry her sister just to try to get her back to the Uk ??
I seroiusly think gullable and naive are words Tony ought to think about before he makes a mistake.

I understand how that sounds, but please Tony, if you read this, take it in the way I have written it. I just hope you are not being taken advantage of. Time will tell.

junior02
28th March 2010, 18:32
lol, where have you been hiding with such helpful advice.

everybody as a different story and tony can learn by himself, i dont think he needs you to take the :censored:

Im not taking the p...out of tony he doze need to learn by himself but like i said before it would be crazy going to a third world country on so little money and certainly to get married to somebody in a far away land that he has never been before which can cause a lot of probs with so little money.I would be the last person in the world that would want be in huge city like manila with no money im sure you would agree?...

Arthur Little
28th March 2010, 18:32
The man is having a laugh. Funniset thing ive read for long time, made my day. HEEEEHEEE

Pardon ME, but ... as regards Tony's thread, I've said this before :olddude: - and I'll say it AGAIN! - we're here to help and advise others as best we can. Each of us is entitled to his/her own opinion ... but that does not give anyone licence to make disparaging remarks like the one mentioned above.

Thank you, Alan. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Indeed, many of our fellow members have put a lot of time and effort into giving sensible guidance and well-meaning advice to another ... on what is very possibly his first trip abroad.

junior02
28th March 2010, 19:03
Pardon ME, but ... as regards Tony's thread, I've said this before :olddude: - and I'll say it AGAIN! - we're here to help and advise others as best we can. Each of us is entitled to his/her own opinion ... but that does not give anyone licence to make disparaging remarks like the one mentioned above.

Thank you, Alan. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Indeed, many of our fellow members have put a lot of time and effort into giving sensible guidance and well-meaning advice to another ... on what is very possibly his first trip abroad.

Im sorry for that message, but i did honestly think it was a joke questoin, but obviously not. Sorry again to tony.Just wondered if anybody has thought why dont his filipino friends he is going with give him inportant info that he needs, they are filipino so surely they would of told him about jabs n visas n cost and things.Sorry again to all the members and tony.We all make mistakes and say things from time to time we shoudnt have.

somebody
28th March 2010, 19:19
Im sorry for that message, but i did honestly think it was a joke questoin, but obviously not. Sorry again to tony.Just wondered if anybody has thought why dont his filipino friends he is going with give him inportant info that he needs, they are filipino so surely they would of told him about jabs n visas n cost and things.Sorry again to all the members and tony.We all make mistakes and say things from time to time we shoudnt have.

I doubt the avg Phill knows much about jabs and visas for Phill just like most Brits are clueless about UK Visas.

somebody
28th March 2010, 19:35
Now I don't want to throw the proverbial cat amoungst the pigeons......but..... Has anyone thought that Tony has been a little bit led astray by the sister, encouraging him to marry her sister just to try to get her back to the Uk ??
I seroiusly think gullable and naive are words Tony ought to think about before he makes a mistake.

I understand how that sounds, but please Tony, if you read this, take it in the way I have written it. I just hope you are not being taken advantage of. Time will tell.

Im thinking the same Steve. Tony dont be rushed into anything have a good trip and take in everything going on around you.

We say this Tony because we know the feeling of europhia and excitment meeting a magenda lady in a lovely warm sunny country while on Holiday. So just meet the sister and see hwo you get on but I would advise you to avoid getting to far ahead before you come back and think things though in the UK.

junior02
28th March 2010, 19:38
I doubt the avg Phill knows much about jabs and visas for Phill just like most Brits are clueless about UK Visas.

True about the visas we dont. I was just wondering if tonys doctor that quoted him altogether £238 for his jabs is his friend that hes traveling to phils with? I think the filipinos that live in uk or anyother country would know all about the things tony needs to know because they certainley no a lot more than us brits, probably because they worked hard at school not like a vast majority of kids here.

belfast_dude
28th March 2010, 19:54
tony...good luck..i mean it

Sim11UK
28th March 2010, 19:56
This business about paying for jabs, before my first trip, I went to my local Health Centre, to find out which ones I'd need.
They gave me a sheet of paper, which did have prices on it...needless to say, when I went back to have them a few weeks later, I was relieved I didn't have to pay.

Tony don't be afraid to come back on here, (I'm sure he's probably looked in as a guest?) there have been some harsh words, but really members here are only looking out for your interests. :)

belfast_dude
28th March 2010, 19:58
sim11uk is right...we are all here to help...take our advice in good faith...we want to help..

junior02
28th March 2010, 20:17
Lucky girl i am sure :NoNo:

I am also going to be there then, where you staying ?

He certainly wont be staying in the manila hotel with £100 to last a month. She must be the luckiest girl in phils i bet she cant wait to pay for everything when her future husband arrives.:laugher:

joebloggs
28th March 2010, 20:33
as i've said before, he needs to start sorting his money problems out now, and find a part time job or a better paid job, if he has little money, how will he be able to pay for the visa and flight and support his wife in the UK??

reality check time :doh

it will be difficult but not impossible.. so dont give up,he just needs to start planning now..

junior02
28th March 2010, 20:34

Nobody can be serious about going to philppines on £100 even if they are staying at someones house. Come on be realistic about this.I hope tony can see the light side of everything thats been said on this thread and dosent take anything to hart. But take my advice tony unless you have at least £1000 dont even think about going to phils.Im not trying to sound like mr no it all cuz thers a lot im still learning about phils, but i have lived ther on and off for 5years. But you would be foolish going to phils if you havent done your home work and you only have £100 or so.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
28th March 2010, 20:36
He certainly wont be staying in the manila hotel with £100 to last a month. She must be the luckiest girl in phils i bet she cant wait to pay for everything when her future husband arrives.:laugher:

:NoNo: give it a rest please :76: i'm sure hes got the message by now , bit of encouragement instead..

aromulus
28th March 2010, 20:38
:doh
I spent over 20 minutes writing a substantial post on the pitfalls of such an enterprise, and the damn thing just refreshed and disappeared from the screen...!!!!:cwm23:

joebloggs
28th March 2010, 20:46
i never lose anything dom, just login again..

maybe its caused by the chatbox refreshing?

\\\\ToNy////
28th March 2010, 21:01
:)im here,thanks again guys for all the comment, ive read every one, i would be takeing £lots of cash if i had it but the only thongs ill be buying is mmmmm well maybe a t shirt or 2 and maybe some music, as i said before one of there family is picking us up from the airport, and they will feed me, but the thing im cheesed off about is my doctors saying i have to pay for the vaccines:NoNo:should i ask them why i have to pay and others dont, on the sheet was a site that suposed to say vaccines i need, but isnt that clear to me,,fitfortravel.nhs.uk
anyway, if i dont get a visa how much is the fine ill get in the philippines?.
the wedding would only be a registy office thing, and yes i would prefer to get to know her first before getting married but didnt want to tell her no because how sensative she is, and i have the (no impediment to marrage) sheet,
if i am being used, it dosnt matter to me, ill just take it as a lesson and move on again with a broken heart and good and bad memories, is like playing the lotto,i wont win but the hope helps me carry on,

pennybarry
28th March 2010, 21:11
:)playing the lotto,i wont win but the hope helps me carry on,

Sorry to hear that Tony! I won in a lottery for the 4th time today but match 3 only. If it was match 5, I'll give you 500 pounds. :)

Don't loose your hope as I got 10 bets today for wednesday and Friday. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
28th March 2010, 21:13
Maybe spend the £100 on the lotto, you might make some extra cash.....or not :D

sparky
28th March 2010, 21:21
one general piece if advice re the jabs is to go to your local clap clinic- where they will do your hep jabs for free for sure and give you free condoms to boot unless you want lil tonys running around wanting to be fed

£100 in total seems madness to me- i budget that for a day over there but we all have different ideas of what we can survive on

DaveUK
28th March 2010, 21:34
:... have the (no impediment to marrage) sheet, ....,

If you're planning on getting married while you're there, do you realise you need to get the certificate of no impediment converted to a local filipino one at the embassy/consulate? This on its own will wipe out of half the £100 you're taking I'm afraid mate.

junior02
28th March 2010, 21:41
Maybe spend the £100 on the lotto, you might make some extra cash.....or not :D

I think maybe it would be better to send your intended the £100 via western union, im sure she wil be happier with that than being with someone that thinks its a game like the lotto planing on marrying etc.Then save your £100 again and go to butlins for a week, at least ther you wont get into serious trouble like immigration etc if you run out of money.Get real son if your thinking about going to philippines to get married.

joebloggs
28th March 2010, 21:46
I think maybe it would be better to send your intended the £100 via western union, im sure she wil be happier with that than being with someone that thinks its a game like the lotto planing on marrying etc.Then save your £100 again and go to butlins for a week, at least ther you wont get into serious trouble like immigration etc if you run out of money.Get real son if your thinking about going to philippines to get married.

it wasn't tony who first mentioned a lottery :doh
£100 will not get you more than a couple of days at butlins
i think everyone whos posted on here has told him £100 is not enough :NoNo:
i hope tony does realise the reality of the situation now.. :cwm24:

Steve.r
28th March 2010, 22:06

Judging by his reply Joe, I sadly think it went over his head. We can only hope.

junior02
28th March 2010, 22:06
it wasn't tony who first mentioned a lottery :doh
£100 will not get you more than a couple of days at butlins
i think everyone whos posted on here has told him £100 is not enough :NoNo:

If tony dosent realise now that hes making a mistake he never will, and if he goes god help him, i dont expect he has seen the inside of a filipino prison cell. Still the least that will happen if he runs out of money is to get black listed for not being able to pay for his departure tax then he wont be able to go back to phils.And like you said £100will only get you 2days in butlins so maybe he mite be lucky and it lasts for 1day in phils if he decides to go.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Languish
28th March 2010, 22:20
this will be my first time to go on a plane and im very nervous, im going there with a filipino friend and his wife and there 2 year old son, and ill be marrying his sister if all goes well, his sister lives in nueva ecija,ill be staying there for 1 month,
yellow fever £65
hepititis b (course) £90
test immunity status £20
meningitis ACWY £45
rabies (course) £95
malaria tablets £13
:Brick:i can afford the malaria tablets and the immunity test and that will leave me with about £100 to take to the philippines, i thought these injections would be free, i cant afford these terrable prices, can i get any of these vaccines in the philippines, i know the rabies ones there are free for philippinos, i seen that on tv,

can i get travel insurance from any travel agent on the high street? average cost?

how big can my hand luggage be, i want to put my 10inch laptop in there and mayby a magazine and sweets,

I got all my vaccinations for free at my local doctors - booked a travel appointment six weeks ago - job done.

No visa needed.

Got my travel insurance with HSBC online - cost me about £30.

Laptop is usually free carry on - outside of hand luggage - but why would you take one? :) I'm not letting anything distract me when it comes to my mahal.

(sorry of any of this has been repeated - just read the first post and replied)

somebody
28th March 2010, 22:25
i never lose anything dom, just login again..

maybe its caused by the chatbox refreshing?

Yep occasional as well as error box showing up and resetting but keeping text it will ocassionaly saying closing the iE window down.

\\\\ToNy////
28th March 2010, 22:33
If you're planning on getting married while you're there, do you realise you need to get the certificate of no impediment converted to a local filipino one at the embassy/consulate? This on its own will wipe out of half the £100 you're taking I'm afraid mate.
yes i was told that before here, didnt realise i had to pay for that also

Judging by his reply Joe, I sadly think it went over his head. We can only hope.
yes the realty is hitting me hard, its hard enough knowing ill only have £100, but might have about £200/£300:Hellooo:if im lucky

somebody
28th March 2010, 22:33
True about the visas we dont. I was just wondering if tonys doctor that quoted him altogether £238 for his jabs is his friend that hes traveling to phils with? I think the filipinos that live in uk or anyother country would know all about the things tony needs to know because they certainley no a lot more than us brits, probably because they worked hard at school not like a vast majority of kids here.

Im not sure if they would know about Jabs for the country they live in from a poll of Uni grad friends of my Wife who mostly graduted in Nursing I dont think they would really have a scooby the jabs a Brit would need to be honest.
When I mentioned it on my first trip over I cant remeber either family members who were Doctors and Nurses, or my Wifes Friends who were Nursing grads giving me much of an Idea of what they advise.

Plus being honest many Phills my Wife knows and herself seem to be asking me or other Brits what to do when travelling to various countries and once I've googled it I usually let them know:D

Doc Alan
28th March 2010, 23:31
Im not sure if they would know about Jabs for the country they live in from a poll of Uni grad friends of my Wife who mostly graduted in Nursing I dont think they would really have a scooby the jabs a Brit would need to be honest.

I'm sure what you say is correct, and that's not patronising. When you visit your doctor here they have to confirm what's needed by going on websites like VIS (Vaccination Information Service) and you have to do your own "homework" , depending on exactly where and when you're travelling. It's all been discussed already on this forum. Malaria, rabies, Japanese encephalitis, and dengue fever are among the serious diseases to consider - but with a sense of proportion - they're NOT common everywhere ( although rabies claims about 800 lives a year ).

complex
29th March 2010, 04:19
I hope I'm not repeating what others have already said, but whats your plans after you get married? Its crazy going there with such limited resources, but if you do manage on pulling this off, which sounds like a miracle, then what? if you want your wife to return with you its gonna take a lot more money, surely it would be better to wait until your in a better financial position or at least try and think this scenario through and plan a bit better!

fred
29th March 2010, 04:56
but with a sense of proportion - they're NOT common everywhere Im pretty sure that most of the R.P is malaria free although I have heard that precautions should be taken if going to Palawan..Unfortunately there is nothing we can do to prevent dengue fever except for avoiding certain day time mosquitoes that may carry the infection plus wearing OFF lotion and those that contain DEET.
I have managed to avoid Typhoid fever by drinking purified and mineral water..Never drink tap water especially in large cities that have corroded supply pipes and dodgy restaurants!
Ive seen a Brit here dying from Hepatitis and its something I never want to catch..Anywhere!!

By the way Doc Alan..Theres an expat here that has been told that he has gangrene of the intestine!! Is that possible? This guy is broke and some of the guys in the bar are having a whip round..Hes in such bad shape that they cant even transfer him to Cebu..
They are dropping like flies here!! Hope Im not next.

Tony.. You are coming here as a lamb might present himself to the slaughter and you have been warned..
Forget 100 Pounds spending money..
A 59 day visa will cost around half that and thats what you will need if you go over your free 21 days!!
Please do not rely on the girls family to give you anything..They probably will do what they can as Filipino`s can have a VERY generous nature..but it depends.
I have no idea about their financial position but if they are just ordinary working class/poor then I doubt that you will be able to eat anything served to you..Forget roast chicken and Yorkshire pudding for starters and think more along the lines of dried fish , pigs eye balls and the private parts of a dead cow.
Come here and be self sufficient and leave owing no one anything..
Please get GOOD travel insurance..There`s no NHS here and if you get sick you are ON YOUR OWN and that would be very very bad.:NoNo:

There!! Now my conscience is clear!!

Doc Alan
29th March 2010, 09:33
Ive seen a Brit here dying from Hepatitis and its something I never want to catch..Anywhere!!

Theres an expat here that has been told that he has gangrene of the intestine!! Is that possible?

[B]Tony.. You are coming here as a lamb might present himself to the slaughter[B] and you have been warned...
Gangrene IS possible , but I don't want to alarm Tony any more, so I've sent you a private message Fred :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
29th March 2010, 10:01
Im pretty sure that most of the R.P is malaria free although I have heard that precautions should be taken if going to Palawan..

misses says your right about Palawan, well her family live there :D, but also in the provinces you have to be careful :doh and dont eat anything sold on the streets

Steve.r
29th March 2010, 10:15
and dont eat anything sold on the streets

Do you mean road kill burgers??

Seriously though Joe, what do you mean by that ? I have seen all manner of things on the roadside for sale. :)

sars_notd_virus
29th March 2010, 10:15
Tony if u are staying longer than 21 days then dont forget £40-50 for visa extension w/c by my calculation leaves u £50 for a month

Goodluck!!

aromulus
29th March 2010, 10:18
Tony if u are staying longer than 21 days then dont forget £40-50 for visa extension w/c by my calculation leaves u £50 for a month

Goodluck!!

And another 50 quid, at least, for the marriage licence.....:doh

joebloggs
29th March 2010, 10:19

Seriously though Joe, what do you mean by that ? I have seen all manner of things on the roadside for sale. :)

no i wouldn't but then im a veggy :icon_lol:, seriously my misses would never eat anything from them :NoNo:, you dont know where its been, how old it is, where it's been washed, in the bath :icon_lol:, if it has been washed.. dont take the risks :NoNo:

i was ill once, and only once when i bought a slush type drink from inside a store, never again will i drink anything thats not come out of a sealed bottle.

aromulus
29th March 2010, 10:22
no i wouldn't but then im a veggy :icon_lol:, seriously my misses would never eat anything from them :NoNo:, you dont know where its been, how old it is, where it's been washed, in the bath :icon_lol:, if it has been washed.. dont take the risks :NoNo:

i was ill once, and only once when i bought a slush type drink from inside a store, never again will i drink anything thats not come out of a sealed bottle.

Yeah, I agree, Rhyl is real gone third world....:doh

fred
29th March 2010, 10:26
A tenner for a poor mans Barong.
What else?

fred
29th March 2010, 10:27
Sorry..I forgot Lechon..Cant get married without one of them!!

joebloggs
29th March 2010, 10:28
Yeah, I agree, Rhyl is real gone third world....:doh

rhyl is better than Prestatyn :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
29th March 2010, 10:30
rhyl is better than Prestatyn :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Takes a manc to spot the finer details....:erotic4:

joebloggs
29th March 2010, 10:30

yes you can't get wed without a pig :rolleyes:

joebloggs
29th March 2010, 10:31
Takes a manc to spot the finer details....:erotic4:

a couple of shops and scousers :Erm:

fred
29th March 2010, 10:32

Speak for yourself Joe...My Mrs was quite attractive back then.

aromulus
29th March 2010, 10:33

And one of those will set you back at least 65 quid in todays money...:doh

So you are overdrawn and in deficit already....:doh

joebloggs
29th March 2010, 10:35
Speak for yourself Joe...My Mrs was quite attractive back then.

:yikes: so was my misses, maybe they are related :rolleyes: ...:cwm24:

fred
29th March 2010, 10:44
And one of those will set you back at least 65 quid in todays money...:doh

So you are overdrawn and in deficit already....:doh

Perhaps I should not be the one to mention this...But what about ....BEER?
Its also traditional to buy the Father in law a bottle of Chivas Regal. :bigcry:(sometimes even the Mother in law)
There goes another 50..Ouch.

joebloggs
29th March 2010, 10:47
Its also traditional to buy the Father in law a bottle of Chivas Regal. :bigcry:(sometimes even the Mother in law)

i think it could be time he went to the IMF and asked for a loan :NoNo:

my stepson just got wed in the phils, like in the last hour, it cost 1,300 for the registration fee and judge :xxgrinning--00xx3:

we're going to pay for a big do, when we get back there, :cwm24: if ever :rolleyes:

bornatbirth
29th March 2010, 10:48

have you seen those nuts being sold? and have you seen the guys selling them peeing in the middle of the street,try them if you like :icon_lol: mmmmmmmm sarap

RickyR
29th March 2010, 10:49
Tony, I know your probably a bit taken aback by this thread. But you are speaking to people with a lot of experience here and the advice given is not an exaggeration. Some of these people are expats who've lived in the Philippines for years, others that have been burnt before in the Philippines and some who have just travelled a lot.
You may be able to change your flights with Emirates for a small fee, and I would highly recommend that, because going ahead with this trip so poorly planned and with such a smaller budget, you could be putting yourself in a seriously dangerous situation.
As has been said before, you need to be self sufficient should the worst happen. Some people have taken quite a lot of money with them and easily spent it, but I reiterate you WILL need AT LEAST 100 pounds a week to survive AND a credit card with at least enough money to get you home AND a comprehensive travel insurance policy. If you don't have this, don't even consider going as you could end up in a seriously bad situation.
Again, remember that things don't always go smoothly, the family may not be what you expect, you may get ill, your flights may be delayed, your baggage may go amiss, you may not tolerate the heat, you may get robbed, an emergency may happen at home.... who knows. I don't want to be a spoilsport, but most of these things have happened to me at one time or another whilst at the otherside of the world.

As for help from the British Embassy, if you have travel insurance, or there is a political problem, they MAY help you, but you can't be sure. If you run out of money, or get yourself into some local trouble, what they can do is limited.

And AGAIN as I said before, presidential elections are almost upon the Philippines and this WILL result in rowdy and aggressive political rallies, this WILL result in gunfights and murder (did you see the news a few months ago with the mass slaughter over the political rallies?). This isn't a reason in it's self to avoid the Philippines, but it is something worth being cautious about and knowing who you trust and where you can safely go. White bloodshed would make a nice political statement!

joebloggs
29th March 2010, 10:50
fred, wedding rings to buy :omg:

vbkelly
29th March 2010, 11:00

sis £100 a week is not enough specially the rates today and first time to meet his gf maybe £100 a day it could be enough but what about the gf family to bring them out.

aromulus
29th March 2010, 11:01

At this rate he won't even be able to afford some of them as wedding rings...:doh

vbkelly
29th March 2010, 11:20
yes i was told that before here, didnt realise i had to pay for that also

yes the realty is hitting me hard, its hard enough knowing ill only have £100, but might have about £200/£300:Hellooo:if im lucky

it's a good task for you tony to survive £100 for a month spending money.

vbkelly
29th March 2010, 11:22
At this rate he won't even be able to afford some of them as wedding rings...:doh

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
29th March 2010, 11:26

We bought ours in China town for 250PHP each..They lasted about 4 months.. Mine broke at work and hers doing the washing up:doh
Still getting round to buying some more but will probably surprise her on our 25th..(2 more years)

joroco
29th March 2010, 11:29

I married in RP in 2008 after obtaining my CNI here in the UK. There was no need for any conversion. I merely had to show it when I applied for the marriage licence. The cost of the licence has to be borne by all people wishing to get married.
Have the rules changed?

triple5
29th March 2010, 11:48
this WILL result in gunfights and murder (did you see the news a few months ago with the mass slaughter over the political rallies?).

Are you talking about the Maguindanao massacre? That wasn't a political rally.

White bloodshed would make a nice political statement!

Ok, now you're putting me off going as well :doh

aromulus
29th March 2010, 11:53
Are you talking about the Maguindanao massacre? That wasn't a political rally.

Might not have been a rally, but it was politically motivated, and as with everything else involving corruption in the Philippines, financial gain.:NoNo:

Ok, now you're putting me off going as well :doh

You got to admit that white meat in Phil is news....:rolleyes:

RickyR
29th March 2010, 11:54
well not quite a political rally, but politically orientated. But honestly, if your prepared and know what your doing, you will be fine. I'm sure some of the expats who've been in PI a good few years will be able to give better advice having seen these situations in the past. But its more a case of avoiding the hotspots, and running when you see trouble

triple5
29th March 2010, 12:05
An expat was telling me that for a month after the election things can pretty much come to a standstill in some parts. As the new officials get their feet under the table not much gets done and garbage piles up in the streets. Don't know how true that is, but maybe something to consider for those going round this time.

aromulus
29th March 2010, 12:30
An expat was telling me that for a month after the election things can pretty much come to a standstill in some parts. As the new officials get their feet under the table not much gets done and garbage piles up in the streets. Don't know how true that is, but maybe something to consider for those going round this time.

Same as overhere, then...??:Erm:

junior02
29th March 2010, 14:33
Tony have you decided your still going to phils after all the info you have read or are you going to wait a bit longer and save some more cash?

Arthur Little
29th March 2010, 14:42
*wait a bit longer and save some more cash

Tony ... :iagree: ... all things considered, *this really WOULD be in your best interests ... honestly!

vbkelly
29th March 2010, 14:52
Tony ... :iagree: ... all things considered, *this really WOULD be in your best interests ... honestly!

flight is already booked and non refundable just get some money or get a loan in the bank.

bornatbirth
29th March 2010, 15:02
isnt it, looking before you jump?

i suggest tony gets some more money and just gets to know the intended and arranges a second trip to marry but first saves up, gets some money in the bank for the bank statements.

but i guess it will fall on deaf ears :bigcry:

Steve.r
29th March 2010, 15:58
What??????????? :D

junior02
29th March 2010, 17:24
yellow fever £65
hepititis b (course) £90
test immunity status £20
meningitis ACWY £45
rabies (course) £95
malaria tablets £13

Tony if you do decide to go dont worry about your first flight on a plane, its a bit like riding a bus ,but more boring.Just have a drink to calm your nerves unless your going on kuwait, royal brunei or saudi airlnes cuz they dont have booze only soft drinks.If your still going and only have 100 to 300 quid, dont feel guilty and give the poor and in a lot of cases disabled poor walking through the congested roads out from airport, because your have even less cash. And if the worst thing happens and you get mugged at least you have only lost £100 or so.If all goes well and you last a month give me some advise on how you did it it, im sure the members and guests would like to know as well.Your a brave man wish i had the balls to go on your plans. Takecare and always smile especaily in phils.:)

junior02
29th March 2010, 18:18
A tenner for a poor mans Barong.
What else?

Also a tenner for a pair of shoes, cuz they wont let you in your local city hall in a pair of trainers....That leaves 80 quid....its a :erotic4: but its true. And anyway you woudnt turn up at reg office or church in uk dressed that way would you???And you woudnt want to be branded a cheap charlie on your wedding day of all days..

junior02
29th March 2010, 18:30

Also dont forget the 5 crates of beer for the brothers and friends n neighbours etc etc thats another 50 quid.:laugher:

lizaphil
29th March 2010, 22:29
listen to Si, you'll need more than £100 or you will not be able to do anything or go anywhere :doh

jabs should be free, who gave you those prices ?

you'll definitely need travel insurance, i think £30+ for a month

oh tony you need more than £100 pounds to spend there...
and i paid my insurance for 35 pounds for 2 months...

\\\\ToNy////
29th March 2010, 23:04
:dohim ready to give up at the moment, but i love her so i cant, well i cant get a visa because of number 3 below, does it mean that i have to prove that i have lots of money, :cwm3:21 days it isthen, and would cost £22 for visa and £50 for train ticket down to london to collect visa, ill just stay 21 days and save alot of hastle ontop of all the hastle i already have

Short-stay Visa for Leisure/Tourism/Business

1. Completed Non-Immigrant Visa application form
2. Passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the intended period of stay in the Philippines and a photocopy of its data page
3. Proof of financial capability to assure the maintenance of bona fide tourist status during the intended stay in the Philippines (e.g. certificate of bank deposits, pension benefits, or employment certificates)
4. Proof of address (e.g. utility bills)
5. In case of businessmen, letter from sponsoring firm in the Philippines or in the UK stating the purpose of visit
6. One (1) passport photograph (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm)
7. Other documents that may be required by the consular officer

Steve.r
29th March 2010, 23:17
:dohim ready to give up at the moment, but i love her so i cant, well i cant get a visa because of number 3 below, does it mean that i have to prove that i have lots of money, :cwm3:21 days it isthen, and would cost £22 for visa and £50 for train ticket down to london to collect visa, ill just stay 21 days and save alot of hastle ontop of all the hastle i already have

Short-stay Visa for Leisure/Tourism/Business

1. Completed Non-Immigrant Visa application form
2. Passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the intended period of stay in the Philippines and a photocopy of its data page
3. Proof of financial capability to assure the maintenance of bona fide tourist status during the intended stay in the Philippines (e.g. certificate of bank deposits, pension benefits, or employment certificates)
4. Proof of address (e.g. utility bills)
5. In case of businessmen, letter from sponsoring firm in the Philippines or in the UK stating the purpose of visit
6. One (1) passport photograph (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm)
7. Other documents that may be required by the consular officer

What???? just for a holiday????? I dont think so.

bornatbirth
29th March 2010, 23:19
tony, you really need to plan your trip better.

just go for a few weeks and meet her, if you both like each other then make further plans.

you do know the real costs of getting into this?

btw most of us here, have met and married a filipina and living with us in the uk.

badrock
29th March 2010, 23:21
you,ll need a lot more than £100 for a month to live on as i,ve only just come back from there. Wife has only just come over and settling down nicely here. It seems to us both that you are being duped into a marriage of convenience. You have to go out there and meet her a few times before you can honestly state that you love her and want her over here.

badrock
29th March 2010, 23:23
To the mods.............whats wrong with RHYL. Full of arty types who dont feel the need to work. Never had any probs there but watch out for the needles on the beach...heheh

Steve.r
29th March 2010, 23:38
Tony, where exactly does this girl live, what town? I am going to be in the same sort of area while you are there

aromulus
30th March 2010, 08:20
To the mods.............whats wrong with RHYL. Full of arty types who dont feel the need to work. Never had any probs there but watch out for the needles on the beach...heheh

That's it...!!!:doh

Bohemian lifestyles..!!!:NoNo:

adam&chryss
30th March 2010, 09:06
The thing is Tony what you have to understand is that even though they have no money they will expect you to treat them every day. I mean some people say £100 a day? thats ludicrous especially as they`re used to having no money and are simple people. Unless of course its just about the money and trimmings in which case it would be wise to jump ship at the first opportunity!
A foreigner with no money is like an ashtray on a motorcycle, useless.

LEAHnew
30th March 2010, 09:07
:D another one coming in my humble province:rolleyes:

Hi Tony I'm from Nueva Ecija where exactly your Girl from which town? There's a lot of festival coming up here you better add a bit budget for your trip so even for yourself you will most enjoy:) Goodluck!

keithAngel
30th March 2010, 09:12
I cant see what all the fuss is about tony has pinoy friends who offered to bankroll him maybe 300 quid dont go out much keep a 1000 for the airport comming back dont get married this time change your flight for 21 days if you can and have a great time with your beloved forget about vacinations if you get sick your travel insurance will repatriate if nec

The Bloody Empire wasnt built with faint hearts you know go for it :unitedkingdom: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Doc Alan
30th March 2010, 09:25
... forget about vacinations if you get sick your travel insurance will repatriate if nec

Yeah, right Keith !:doh

fred
30th March 2010, 09:31
does it mean that i have to prove that i have lots of money,

Yes..You need a lot of money..Its a requirement.

sparky
30th March 2010, 18:15
Yes..You need a lot of money..Its a requirement.

only by his wife to be:rolleyes:

junior02
30th March 2010, 18:30

Dont forget the 5000 extended family:yikes:

Alan
30th March 2010, 19:12
Right! I usually stay away from threads that 'court controversy.'

HOWEVER - I really cannot believe that nobody has simply said:-

Tony - you cannot go to the Philippines with £100 or even £300 under the circumstances that you describe! Forget it!

I am sorry to be so blunt!

Al.:)

P.S. Please PM me if you want to know what you will REALLY be expected to have - both financially and personally!

keithAngel
30th March 2010, 19:27
I hope I wasnt being .gulp........controvershal hic:D

junior02
30th March 2010, 19:44

Right! I usually stay away from threads that 'court controversy.'

HOWEVER - I really cannot believe that nobody has simply said:-

Tony - you cannot go to the Philippines with £100 or even £300 under the circumstances that you describe! Forget it!

I am sorry to be so blunt!

Al.:)

P.S. Please PM me if you want to know what you will REALLY be expected to have - both financially and personally!
Well worded allan even if it is blunt to the point, cuz you cant get much blunter than that can you? Wonder if toney cant see now hes making a big mistake.If he dosent maybe hes just blinded by the thought of:do_it: for his intended:D

junior02
30th March 2010, 19:54
Im pretty sure that most of the R.P is malaria free although I have heard that precautions should be taken if going to Palawan..Unfortunately there is nothing we can do to prevent dengue fever except for avoiding certain day time mosquitoes that may carry the infection plus wearing OFF lotion and those that contain DEET.
I have managed to avoid Typhoid fever by drinking purified and mineral water..Never drink tap water especially in large cities that have corroded supply pipes and dodgy restaurants!

By the way Doc Alan..Theres an expat here that has been told that he has gangrene of the intestine!! Is that possible? This guy is broke and some of the guys in the bar are having a whip round..Hes in such bad shape that they cant even transfer him to Cebu..

Tony.. You are coming here as a lamb might present himself to the slaughter and you have been warned..
Forget 100 Pounds spending money..
A 59 day visa will cost around half that and thats what you will need if you go over your free 21 days!!
Please do not rely on the girls family to give you anything..They probably will do what they can as Filipino`s can have a VERY generous nature..but it depends.
I have no idea about their financial position but if they are just ordinary working class/poor then I doubt that you will be able to eat anything served to you..Forget roast chicken and Yorkshire pudding for starters and think more along the lines of dried fish , pigs eye balls and the private parts of a dead cow.
Come here and be self sufficient and leave owing no one anything..
Please get GOOD travel insurance..There`s no NHS here and if you get sick you are ON YOUR OWN and that would be very very bad.:NoNo:

There!! Now my conscience is clear!!

Ithink what fred says here mite be blunter to the point...... LAMBS TO THE SLAUGHTER......:yikes:

keithAngel
30th March 2010, 20:02

then to manila, and from there one of the family will pick us up in the car

They know he is strapped granted it may be a marriage scam but that doesnt affect the money story might not be for you or me but thats not the same as going blind with other expectations on him even if he marries shes not gonna get a spouse visa any time soon If Tony is reporting accuratly its a supported trip

ca143
30th March 2010, 20:14
TONY,always remember person w/out money is like a bird w/out wings........:icon_lol:.

junior02
30th March 2010, 22:54
yup is true huhuhu, uk bills have eaten all my money, especialy my car bills, ill be staying there at her home so wont need any money, only need to buy things like deodrant ect

Hey tony deodrant is the least of your worrys if your going ther with 100 quid....(Axe deodrant ther will set you back 190peso...£2.92pence) and your need a lot in 35 degree heat that leaves £97...:laugher:...And another thing, you mite hear a certain person saying NO MONEY NO HONEY Then it will be in your case NO HONEY CUZ NO MONEY...:laugher::laugher:

bornatbirth
30th March 2010, 23:06
Hey tony deodrant is the least of your worrys if your going ther with 100 quid....(Axe deodrant ther will set you back 190peso...£2.92pence) and your need a lot in 35 degree heat that leaves £97...:laugher:...And another thing, you mite hear a certain person saying NO MONEY NO HONEY Then it will be in your case NO HONEY CUZ NO MONEY...:laugher::laugher:

why are you still takin the :censored: i think with 1 post we all realise your point of veiw :xxgrinning--00xx3:

have you never made mistakes?, maybe you could list them, then we could laugh at you :rolleyes:

junior02
30th March 2010, 23:17
why are you still takin the :censored: i think with 1 post we all realise your point of veiw :xxgrinning--00xx3:

have you never made mistakes?, maybe you could list them, then we could laugh at you :rolleyes:

Hey keep your shirt on,..Havent you got any sense of humour?? SOUNDS LIKE NO:erotic4::erotic4::laugher::laugher:

joebloggs
30th March 2010, 23:37
TONY,always remember person w/out money is like a bird w/out wings........:icon_lol:.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: so true, good job the plane has thou... :rolleyes:

Hey keep your shirt on,..Havent you got any sense of humour?? SOUNDS LIKE NO:erotic4::erotic4::laugher::laugher:

even joker of the forum bornatbirth is complaining, it's not a joke to Tony :cwm24:

junior02
30th March 2010, 23:44

Ive made a few mistakes but im not that stupid to broadcast them om here like some people.And any way if somebody comes on here asking a stupid question like he did i think they deserve a stupid anwser and a bit of a p:censored:take....Come on son lighten:laugher: up a bit its only a bit of fun :laugher::laugher::laugher:

triple5
30th March 2010, 23:50
Ive made a few mistakes but im not that stupid to broadcast them om here like some people.And any way if somebody comes on here asking a stupid question like he did i think they deserve a stupid anwser and a bit of a p:censored:take....Come on son lighten:laugher: up a bit its only a bit of fun :laugher::laugher::laugher:

It may seem like a stupid question to you as you've lived over there, but Tony's knowledge of the Phils (and how much spending money he'll need) has obviously come from a bad source. No need to keep taking the :piss2:

junior02
30th March 2010, 23:52
:xxgrinning--00xx3: so true, good job the plane has thou... :rolleyes:

even joker of the forum bornatbirth is complaining, it's not a joke to Tony :cwm24:

Bornatbirth is the joker of the forum,well i wouldnt want to go for a nite out with him or her..... sooner stay in and watch newsnight on the box:laugher:

Arthur Little
30th March 2010, 23:57
Tony's knowledge of the Phils (and how much spending money he'll need) has obviously come from a bad source. No need to keep taking the :piss2:

:iagree: ... and how often must I keep repeating myself? Kindly refrain from pointless comments, Jules aka 'junior02'! :angry:

jackmac452
31st March 2010, 03:50
Hya Tony, been here 3 months now.Beautiful Place and People...1st. on your list should be throat lozengers (Permanent sore throat in Manila) next...Sun Block (rare as rocking horse effluent over here). £100 a week minimum to live on...and as someone has pointed out..keep away from Rallies and keep your mouth closed on Political points of view, and also any Religious views, keep them to yourself...most people here ask God for everything, rather than doing the things themselves, and they also vote for the candidate who gives them the most peso's when he comes calling..But....its a beautiful place and the people on the whole are smashing....(but keep a tight rein on your personal effects, they might easily go missing...blooming YaYa) Enjoys yourself...will be difficult though on £100....

joebloggs
31st March 2010, 06:15
well i wouldnt want to go for a nite out with him or her..... sooner stay in and watch newsnight on the box:laugher:

and I doubt many on here would go out with you :rolleyes: your :76: would probably get you :cwm3::xxsport-smiley-002::xxsmilie_auslachen:

maybe thats a bit of good advice for yourself to stay in and watch the news :xxgrinning--00xx3:

just give the guy a break :rolleyes:

South-east boy
31st March 2010, 10:50
I think the clue to Tony's situation was in his first sentence when he mentioned it will be his first flight.
He has not travelled a long way out of the UK so his naivety is easy to understand as he hasn't had anyone he trusts to give him the basic facts he needs.
He has understood from his friends that the Philippines is not as rich as the UK, but they did not tell him how much money he will need when he gets there. They are probably encouraging him in his dreams, as he is marrying a friend's sister.
I just hope he is reading all of the replies in this thread and to not be put off by everyone's replies, but to see them as friendly advice. After all, we are mostly seasoned hands at this and a few of us are better travelled than most.

Tony, if you are reading this, do not think about marrying this lady until you have known her a while and have built up a lot of trust with her over time. Take your time and just go and have fun the first visit.

Filipinas can capture your heart very easily, but you must temper your desires for the future with a dose of realism.
If you enjoy her company face-to-face and she is a sensible lady, she will understand your financial situation and will back you up with your joint dream.
You will need to build up "evidence of relationship" for her probable visa application, this takes time and everything needs to be documented and planned for.

Everything can be done, but in the right way and unfortunately it will be an expensive adventure.
So, don't go without £500 minimum and look for good solid work in the UK to fund your adventures.

Good reply. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Like said above, try not to get too carried away and don't get pressured into anything that you are not sure of, especially marriage and once you start along that route, the longer you go along it, the harder it is to back out if you realise that it isn't what you want or it doesn't feel right. If all goes well, maybe make a commitment to each other and then do all you can to save up for going to see her again when you could propose. if she really does love you, then she'll wait for you.

When it ended with Suzie who I was in contact with and she accepted the Danish 'stranger' she said that she had met the love of her life after knowing him for a few days and that they were getting engaged shortly! This was only a couple of weeks after her thanking me for everything I did for her & her family and that she wished she could do something for me in some way! I don't think that meeting the Danish guy and dropping me like a hot stone, was the nicest way to show how much she thought of that! Maybe it she had met me, she would have expected me to propose at the first meeting too, I don't know? It's easy for someone to behave their best & do all they can to make you fall in love with you over just a few days, but it's only time together (in person and phone/Internet etc) during good times and bad, that you really get to know what they are like.

Getting married so quick could also possibly make it harder for her to get a Visa as they will more likely to be a bit more suspiscious of getting married on the first meeting.

junior02
31st March 2010, 12:20
and I doubt many on here would go out with you :rolleyes: your :76: would probably get you :cwm3::xxsport-smiley-002::xxsmilie_auslachen:

maybe thats a bit of good advice for yourself to stay in and watch the news :xxgrinning--00xx3:

just give the guy a break :rolleyes:

Your right they prob wouldnt go out with me:bigcry:.....cuz by The sounds of it im not to popular on here....dont no why\\\:laugher:/// I just like to say 1 thing in my defence ITS JUST A BIT OF FUN ALL THAT I WROTE, NO HARM INTENDED TO THE SENSITVE TYPES OR THE ONES ON HERE WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOUR and i thought being in this forum is ment to be a bit of a laugh from time to time......Im going to say 1 more thing regard the 1st thread.
Any body wanting to go to phils to meet a lady TAKE LOTS OF CASH.
And most importantly a filipina lady wants a REAL MAN NOT A WET WEEKEND BE WARNED. :yikes::xxgrinning--00xx3::Wave:

aromulus
31st March 2010, 12:46
Your right they prob wouldnt go out with me:bigcry:.....cuz by The sounds of it im not to popular on here....dont no why\\\:laugher:/// I just like to say 1 thing in my defence ITS JUST A BIT OF FUN ALL THAT I WROTE, NO HARM INTENDED TO THE SENSITVE TYPES OR THE ONES ON HERE WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOUR and i thought being in this forum is ment to be a bit of a laugh from time to time......Im going to say 1 more thing regard the 1st thread.
And most importantly a filipina lady wants a REAL MAN NOT A WET WEEKEND BE WARNED. :yikes::xxgrinning--00xx3::Wave:

You have to understand that we at the forum do appreciate a laugh and a joke, some banter, innuendoes, sarcasm and whathaveyou....:rolleyes:

What irritates is the constant sniping, and what is perceived as personal attacks....:NoNo:

Taking the mickey near enough all the time puts people off the mickey taker.

By his admission, Tony, will be going abroad for the first time in his life, and blissfully unaware of what life can be like in Phil, or anywhere else, for that matter.
And at time I fear, he is also unaware of what is going on here in his own country.

The good thing, is that he came to us, to announce proudly that he found someone, and will be flying to meet this person. And also ask for some advice.
The consensus amonsgt the phorumers would be for him to abandon the idea of departing with only a small amount of money in his pockets, although he was also suggested and hinted to, to give up on the idea altogether, for now, and save up for a decent trip at a later date.
So, junior, if you have some constructive suggestions, please do go ahead and try to help, or do not join in. He may not heed to any of the advice given, as ultimately, the decision rests with him.:doh

But at least we can say honestly to ourselves, that we tried to lead this particular horse to water....:)

Arthur Little
31st March 2010, 13:51
NO HARM INTENDED TO THE SENSITVE TYPES OR THE ONES ON HERE WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOUR and i thought being in this forum is ment to be a bit of a laugh from time to time......Im going to say 1 more thing regard the 1st thread.

Most of us on the forum ... especially the regulars ... enjoy harmless fun and friendly banter - but NOT when it's at the expense of others :poke: who might, for whatever reason(s) be unable to "defend" themselves in response. :NoNo: So please bear this in mind ... and THINK carefully before being tempted to post anything offensive or insensitive. :68711_thanx:

malditako
31st March 2010, 16:34
100 pounds to spend for a month?...that's a big NO..NO...especially if you're going to marry here....is that a joke?...that's only enough for my 1 week grocery...

\\\\ToNy////
31st March 2010, 20:44
hi junior:Beer:, no worries, my sense of humor is silly most of the time, abit like my dessisions and spelling:D so i can take most thangs that people say,
anyway, there be none of this going on:do_it: if my back is itching ill use the bed post :kngt:,
i realy like everyones comments, is helping me to make better dessision,
to the one that asked earlier, the village is called brgy gomez or sta rosa,
sorry for the short reply, im so tired after my work, so ill sleep soon, over this weekend ill read all the posts again and write things down

Steve.r
31st March 2010, 20:49

Only a stones throw from where iwill be Tony, iwill keep my eyes open for you, if you still decide to go, ok :xxgrinning--00xx3:

English Rose
31st March 2010, 22:55
You have to pay tax at the airport when you leave - 750 pesos, so make sure you have this on you.

junior02
1st April 2010, 13:00
hi junior:Beer:, no worries, my sense of humor is silly most of the time, abit like my dessisions and spelling:D so i can take most thangs that people say,
anyway, there be none of this going on:do_it: if my back is itching ill use the bed post :kngt:,
i realy like everyones comments, is helping me to make better dessision,
sorry for the short reply, im so tired after my work, so ill sleep soon, over this weekend ill read all the posts again and write things down

Hi tony Im glad you got a good sense of humour and seen the light side of what i wrote and you didnt take anything the wrong way.Im glad ive got 1 friend on here now cuz i dont think anybody else on here like my sense of humuor and things i wrote about on this thread. I like to tell the truth and give a bit of advice with a bit of humour. At the end of the day thers a saying, if you were ment go your go and if your not ment to go you wont. But anyway if you go be carefull. You seem like a nice guy so dont let anybody ther take advantage of your good nature. Just remember when your out ther to be firm but nice and remember YOUR THE BOSS. Anyway have a great time and keep us informed on here on how its going and your welcome down my neck of the woods for a drink and a chat anytime and if your out ther another time when im ther your welcome to my place ther, but its right down south from wher your be but only 1hour flight from manila. Just another bit of advice, it would be good idea if you could get a member of your family or friend here in uk to be prepard to send you some money out via western union for emegancies if you run out of cash, n pay them back when you get home,it only takes a second to recieve the cash once sent from uk. Also theres a british consulate in angeles city if you wont to change your cert of no impediment to a local 1 if you end up getting married, it will save you going all the way back to manila to brit embassy. takecare mate. Igot day off today so off to pub for few pints of zomerzet zider:66::Rasp::D

\\\\ToNy////
1st April 2010, 20:17
Only a stones throw from where iwill be Tony, iwill keep my eyes open for you, if you still decide to go, ok :xxgrinning--00xx3:thanks steve, will be good to see you there, ill be the guy melting to my knees and moaning water! water!

You have to pay tax at the airport when you leave - 750 pesos, so make sure you have this on you.hi english rose, i think all this was included in the ticket price, correct me if im wrong,
Airport tax etc. Included
* The amount of taxes may vary and is composed of Airline Failure Insurance, Security/Insurance Surcharge, Fuel Surcharge and Departure Taxes from Country destination.

Hi tony Im glad you got a good sense of humour and seen the light side of what i wrote and you didnt take anything the wrong way.Im glad ive got 1 friend on here now cuz i dont think anybody else on here like my sense of humuor and things i wrote about on this thread. I like to tell the truth and give a bit of advice with a bit of humour. At the end of the day thers a saying, if you were ment go your go and if your not ment to go you wont. But anyway if you go be carefull. You seem like a nice guy so dont let anybody ther take advantage of your good nature. Just remember when your out ther to be firm but nice and remember YOUR THE BOSS. Anyway have a great time and keep us informed on here on how its going and your welcome down my neck of the woods for a drink and a chat anytime and if your out ther another time when im ther your welcome to my place ther, but its right down south from wher your be but only 1hour flight from manila. Just another bit of advice, it would be good idea if you could get a member of your family or friend here in uk to be prepard to send you some money out via western union for emegancies if you run out of cash, n pay them back when you get home,it only takes a second to recieve the cash once sent from uk. Also theres a british consulate in angeles city if you wont to change your cert of no impediment to a local 1 if you end up getting married, it will save you going all the way back to manila to brit embassy. takecare mate. Igot day off today so off to pub for few pints of zomerzet zider:66::Rasp::Dhi fella, thanks for your reply, ill keep that in mind about the consulate in angeles city, and yes im a good person, ive always been nice to everyone and im an animal lover, if i see a cat when im walking about ill always stop to give it a stroke, and yes people do try to take advantage of me and sometime i just go along with it, and im very vigulant, if theres somthing suspiciouse going on around me im usualy the first to realise, and yes i have a best mate that can help me out with cash if an emergency, ill start a new thread when im there in the phils,
:xxgrinning--00xx3:well im off work now untill tuesday, time for a good rest, maybe hit the carboot sales, and relax by the river if theres nothing on tv

Steve.r
1st April 2010, 20:40
Tony, you will not be far from both Gapan and Cabanatuan. They both have nice shopping malls and good places to eat. I am sure I will be in both malls at some point so I'll keep my eyes open. There is a cinema and a bingo hall in Gapan, which is always a good bit of fun.

I will keep an eye on the forum while away too to see where you have been.

Steve

joebloggs
1st April 2010, 21:06
ive always been nice to everyone and im an animal lover, if i see a cat when im walking about ill always stop to give it a stroke,tv

the phils is really not a good place for animal lovers :NoNo:

RickyR
1st April 2010, 21:30
Sorry Tony, you WILL have to pay the taxes on departure, this is never included in ticket prices (Although apparently some philippines based agents can provide it at booking).

Dedworth
1st April 2010, 22:38
the phils is really not a good place for animal lovers :NoNo:

I was amazed at the "askals" all over the place

joebloggs
1st April 2010, 23:04
I was amazed at the "askals" all over the place

first time i went to the phils, the next door neighbour had a large dog in a cage that was the height of the dog and only a few feet longer than the dog :cwm23:, it was out in the blazing heat most of the day, i asked my misses what the :censored: was the dog doing in a cage at the end of his garden, she told me it was to protect his car, :Brick: to make things worse the :censored: had its voice box cut, so it couldn't properly bark , it made like a yelping sound.

in a 'pet store' in a mall i saw animals suffering, there was even some dead gerbils on display as well as a Doberman puppy suffering in the heat in the window..

the zoo i went to was disgusting, a grizzly bear was in a small cage and was pacing back and forwards, the tigers were in such small cages they could hardly move, the monkeys were terrified hiding in the corners of the cage...i couldn't find anyone to complain to :angry:

animal rights in the phils :icon_lol:, well at least they have some here, even a goldfish :xxgrinning--00xx3:

so for those who said prosecuting the 70yr old woman pet store owner was a waste of time, she broke the law, next time go and have a look in the phils how animals are treated, and then tell Trafford council they were wrong..

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the
way its animals are treated." by M. Gandhi

junior02
2nd April 2010, 00:08
Hey tony you say your a animal lover and like cats, well best not eat any meat cuz your probley be eating cat or dog.....:laugher:.Also i like getting out and about stroking a bit of pussey and:Rasp: a bit too. On a more serious not, this is true story, 4years ago the filipino guy that lived over the road from us at are old house shot my wifes 3 cats, killed 2 n blinded the 3rd for shitting n his garden, anyway i seen this guy next day n sparked him out, 1 hour l8r i was arrested n banged up for 2nites n 3 of the ******* coppers beat me up an broke 4 of my ribs. Worst thing was my wife had 2 plead with coppers 2 let me out n even worse thing i had 2 apologise 2 the guy that shot the cats n shake his hand for decking him for the police to let me out as well... Turned out half this guys family wer in the police force, and my missus found out that he beats his wife up, so he deserved good hiding anyway, but wouldnt recomend doing it. As for the cell i was in words cant discribe.......n also my wife had to bring me food cuz they dont feed you or if ur lucky i scoop of cold rice a day.Anyway the only pussey your be loving while your ther will be the 2 legged kind..............

Steve.r
2nd April 2010, 00:18
Junior, a little crude imo.

I think we all love our animals here in the uk, there is nothing wrong with that. I don't think Tony will be doing anything to warrent being banged up.

junior02
2nd April 2010, 00:24
Junior, a little crude imo.

I think we all love our animals here in the uk, there is nothing wrong with that. I don't think Tony will be doing anything to warrent being banged up.

Dont expect he will, i didnt hit this guy for the fun of it n to get banged up either, just seen red.:cwm23:

junior02
2nd April 2010, 00:29
Anyway the only thing tony will be doing is:do_it: while hes ther the whole month, like i did wen i first went ther few years ago:icon_lol:

keithAngel
2nd April 2010, 02:14
Junior after that story we are lucky your alive to post here:)

\\\\ToNy////
2nd April 2010, 02:34
thanks ricky, ill have to cash ready for that,
gosh, sorry that you had to experience that junior and joe, i asked my lady if ill see anyone being cruel to animals there,, she didnt give me a proper answer, well she has a dog and cockrels and 3 cats, ill be strangling them cockrels at 4,30am :D:do_it:,
it is dangerous for me to see anything bad happening because i might have panic attacs, i always imagine the bad things happening to me, panic attacks should have the name changed to fear attacks because you realy think your time has come,
i think this trip to the phil will iver tuffen me:devil: up or destroy me:NEW1:
i cant wait to get back to the uk already hehehe,
anyway:)yes we will be going to the nearest mall so ill probly see you there steve,
2:32am now, i better sleep, nytnyt all:CompBuster:

fred
2nd April 2010, 04:09
gosh, sorry that you had to experience that junior and joe, i asked my lady if ill see anyone being cruel to animals there,, she didnt give me a proper answer, well she has a dog and cockrels and 3 cats, ill be strangling them cockrels at 4,30am :D:do_it:,
it is dangerous for me to see anything bad happening because i might have panic attacs, i always imagine the bad things happening to me, panic attacks should have the name changed to fear attacks because you realy think your time has come,
anyway:)yes we will be going to the nearest mall so ill probly see you there steve,

Tony..If the worst comes to the worst make your way here..
http://www.apartmentinphilippines.blogspot.com/
The phone number is on that site ..Just tell our manager Darwin to give Maribel a call..I`ll get the message and give him instructions from where I am..I will not help you out with cash but there should be a place for you to stay if needed(Subject to availability) and we`ll make sure you get a cab to the airport etc..
The place is about 30 minutes from Manila airport..
The address is 688 sapphire street,villa Nicasia 1,Tansang Luma 6, Imus,Cavite.

Fred.

\\\\ToNy////
2nd April 2010, 11:30
The phone number is on that site ..Just tell our manager Darwin to give Maribel a call..I`ll get the message and give him instructions from where I am..I will not help you out with cash but there should be a place for you to stay if needed(Subject to availability) and we`ll make sure you get a cab to the airport etc..

Fred.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:thankyou fred, thats very kind of you, is good to know that theres somewhere to stay if things go wrong for me

Steve.r
2nd April 2010, 11:36
Tony,
You know it's going to be VERY hot over there right now. Make sure you protect yourself from the sun, also at night protect yourself from the mossies, I am taking Jungle Formula you can buy it in Tesco. Oh, also get yourself some Imodium tabs, the instant ones that dissolve on your tongue are best, just in case you get the trots ok.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

vbkelly
2nd April 2010, 11:39

Fred.

that's amazing offer fred to tony and a lovely apartment GOD BLESS

sars_notd_virus
2nd April 2010, 11:49
Yeah Bless you Fred !!
and
Tony hope u have a great time in your upcoming trip:xxgrinning--00xx3:

LEAHnew
2nd April 2010, 15:37
Tony,
You know it's going to be VERY hot over there right now. Make sure you protect yourself from the sun, also at night protect yourself from the mossies, I am taking Jungle Formula you can buy it in Tesco. Oh, also get yourself some Imodium tabs, the instant ones that dissolve on your tongue are best, just in case you get the trots ok.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Very good advice Steve:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Tony your destination is just on the middle of Steve's Gf and my home town, we are planning to have meet up, I'm not sure if my better half will be here soon but it will be nice to meet as couples:)maybe during our town fiesta:rolleyes:...Good Luck and have a safe trip. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Here's a tip for destination: Simple Life resort location:Tugatog Bongabon, Nueva Ecija..Entrance Fee:20 pesos only

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=5222833&id=320156273695&fbid=424313668695

another one: Stone 8 Gabaldon, Nueva Ecija..Entrance fee:20 pesos also:xxgrinning--00xx3:
http://filipinaroses.com/copper/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=27

Lots of beautiful places here in Nueva Ecija and very affordable price:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Have a good time:Wave:

LEAHnew
2nd April 2010, 15:39

Fred.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Very kind of you Sir:)
can I saved if we got lost around South:Erm::D:Hellooo:

junior02
2nd April 2010, 16:42

Hi tony Hope your ok. Just read your thread and i dont no to much about panic attacks but i know some people that have had them n know ther not a nice thing to get n 1 of them that had them use to listen to relaxation cds n it helped so you could try that. You got some great suport from the members especialy fred n steveR thats what this site is all about, so you aint got nothing to worry about while your ther, just get bit more cash n have a great time and im shore you will cuz ive been lucky enough and been to a lot of countrys around the world and the filipinos are some of the friendliest and helpfull people ive met on my travels. Take plenty of sunscreen n if your like me bald as cute where a hat............or your kook like this:angry::laugher::)

Jondash
12th April 2010, 16:55
Hilarious

Your gonna be the poorest whitey there man, £100, minus airport fee, extension and god knows what other travel expensives..

Youre gonna have about £1 a day, that's like 1 beer and a pack of peanuts if youre lucky.

rock n roll.

Steve.r
12th April 2010, 18:15
Hilarious

Your gonna be the poorest whitey there man, £100, minus airport fee, extension and god knows what other travel expensives..

Youre gonna have about £1 a day, that's like 1 beer and a pack of peanuts if youre lucky.

rock n roll.

I think we have done that line to death already. :yawn: Tony has not been here for while, so let's just wish him luck. :)

aposhark
13th April 2010, 21:12
I think we have done that line to death already. :yawn: Tony has not been here for while, so let's just wish him luck. :)

I really hope he has a great time with his mahal.

He is a very trusting person, relying on others to assist him over there.
Most of us have travelled a lot and we know the pitfalls of not having enough money and the problems that can bring.

He will probably scrape through without really knowing he is walking on a tightrope.

It will be interesting to hear about his adventures.

My guess is that he will be planning to return to the Phils when he arrives back home in Wolverhampton and that he will realise that he has to save a lot of money to get married. :Cuckoo:

keithAngel
14th April 2010, 01:55
I really hope he has a great time with his mahal.

He is a very trusting person, relying on others to assist him over there.
Most of us have travelled a lot and we know the pitfalls of not having enough money and the problems that can bring.

He will probably scrape through without really knowing he is walking on a tightrope.

It will be interesting to hear about his adventures.

My guess is that he will be planning to return to the Phils when he arrives back home in Wolverhampton and that he will realise that he has to SPEND a lot of money to get married. :Cuckoo:

:D

Sim11UK
16th April 2010, 20:12
Not so sure Tony will be flying out on the 18th now? :Erm:

Bon Voyage if you do. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

\\\\ToNy////
18th April 2010, 01:33
well flight has been canceled because of this ash cloud, people say its an act of god, god is smacked of his t*ts, thats where all the smoke is comming from, if this is gods fault im going to give him such a smack on that hook nose and kick his balls to kingdom come then ill become god:laugher:
to be honest im tired of my bad luck, i even said to my best friend last week that i cant see myself being in the philippines and im just waiting for something big to buggerup, i got that spot on, im excilent at predicting dad things happening to me, im always expecting the worst, i know i should think posative but i dont see the point, life went wrong before i was even born, had problems with my leg, dont like to talk about that though,
well pic-uk told my girlfriends bro that we should go to airport in the morning, people have been told to do this before and sent home, flight is canceled by emerates so what use is there going to the airport,
if theres any sort of extra fees well i give up:doh, dont know if to laugh or cry:Beer:i need a beer

triple5
18th April 2010, 01:43
people say its an act of god, god is smacked of his t*ts, thats where all the smoke is comming from, if this is gods fault im going to give him such a smack on that hook nose and kick his balls to kingdom come then ill become god

:doh Don't be going saying stuff like that to pinays if you ever do make it over.

to be honest im tired of my bad luck, i even said to my best friend last week that i cant see myself being in the philippines and im just waiting for something big to buggerup, i got that spot on, im excilent at predicting dad things happening to me, im always expecting the worst, i know i should think posative but i dont see the point, life went wrong before i was even born

Have a word with Nigel :xxgrinning--00xx3:

\\\\ToNy////
18th April 2010, 01:55
[QUOTE=triple5;217415]:doh Don't be going saying stuff like that to pinays if you ever do make it over.

yes your right,sorry guys, just not happy at the moment, its just mother nature, god has no control over anything so it cant be his fault

MarBell379
18th April 2010, 02:32
Mate - could be worse. I'm in Batangas and due to fly back with the missus today! No chance.
I could take an alternative route I think, but my wife is filipina and only has Visa for UK so cant get to spain or anywhere similar.

Buggered - I think is the term.

triple5
18th April 2010, 02:34
So will you be able to rearrange your flight Tony? Whats your plan now? May be a blessing mate, get a refund if you can and try and save a bit more.

\\\\ToNy////
30th April 2010, 22:39
well my flight was dalayed by 5 days, im here in the phils now and i love it, ill start a new thread,
thankyou all for the advise, i know my 10,000 peso isnt enough but that all i have, and is very possible that ill be redundant when i get back to uk as the work was drying up in the place i work, well i wont be needing money for food thats for sure:yikes: 3 or 4 meals aday so far:xxgrinning--00xx3: feels like im being force fed hehehe

somebody
30th April 2010, 22:47
well my flight was dalayed by 5 days, im here in the phils now and i love it, ill start a new thread,
thankyou all for the advise, i know my 10,000 peso isnt enough but that all i have, and is very possible that ill be redundant when i get back to uk as the work was drying up in the place i work, well i wont be needing money for food thats for sure:yikes: 3 or 4 meals aday so far:xxgrinning--00xx3: feels like im being force fed hehehe

Well u made it and sound slike your having a good time, take care look forward to hearing how yo get on Tony.

Hows the young lady you went to meet?