PDA

View Full Version : Family visit visa or Visit visa?

scottishbride
31st March 2010, 11:49
My sister work in Dubai and she wanted to visit me this summer in Scotland... Which one will be easy? Family visit visa or Visit visa? She is working at HP Dubai and got good salary. Just need your help guys! Thanks!

joebloggs
31st March 2010, 13:09
My sister work in Dubai and she wanted to visit me this summer in Scotland... Which one will be easy? Family visit visa or Visit visa? She is working at HP Dubai and got good salary. Just need your help guys! Thanks!

family visit visa, she will haver more rights to appeal if refused :rolleyes:

junior02
31st March 2010, 13:47

Almost certain your sister will need a family visit visa, as been in that situation myself last year. details i wont go into. But basicly if the intended applicant is a family member uk immigration rules are they have to apply for family visit visa if intended applicant is staying with the family member or visiting.She should get visa if she can convince ECO that she will leave after her visit, and if she has a good job in dubai like you said she should be able to. because that being the thing that most family or visit visas get refused on by ECO(leaving uk after visit).........

Florge
31st March 2010, 18:30
can someone with an FLR, apply for a family visit visa though?

joebloggs
31st March 2010, 22:25
can someone with an FLR, apply for a family visit visa though?

you mean can you sponsor your sister ? , yes i think so, as long as your'e legally in the uk anyone can..

scottishbride
2nd April 2010, 21:11
family visit visa, she will haver more rights to appeal if refused :rolleyes: Thank you! :)

scottishbride
2nd April 2010, 21:13
Almost certain your sister will need a family visit visa, as been in that situation myself last year. details i wont go into. But basicly if the intended applicant is a family member uk immigration rules are they have to apply for family visit visa if intended applicant is staying with the family member or visiting.She should get visa if she can convince ECO that she will leave after her visit, and if she has a good job in dubai like you said she should be able to. because that being the thing that most family or visit visas get refused on by ECO(leaving uk after visit).........

Thanks! :)