PDA

View Full Version : Messi hits four as Barca sink Arsenal

Win2Win
7th April 2010, 03:40
Brilliant Lionel Messi scores four for Barcelona as they overpower Arsenal 4-1 on the night and 6-3 on aggregate to set up a Champions League semi-final against Inter Milan.

More... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/europe/8602344.stm)

KeithD
7th April 2010, 08:59
Another great game :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Although that Messi is crap compared with the world class Nhog :laugher:

Ah well, after all the crap Liverpool have taken over Europe, it looks like by Thursday they'll be the only one left in it :rolleyes:

les_taxi
7th April 2010, 09:53
Another great game :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Although that Messi is crap compared with the world class Nhog :laugher:

Ah well, after all the crap Liverpool have taken over Europe, it looks like by Thursday they'll be the only one left in it :rolleyes:

You not counting that european noddy cup as a major honour I hope:)

Well I guess you had better get used to it as you will be playing in it next year too :icon_lol:

KeithD
7th April 2010, 09:55
Strange... As ManU & Chelski celebrate when winning noddy cups :Erm:

les_taxi
7th April 2010, 10:26
Strange... As ManU & Chelski celebrate when winning noddy cups :Erm:

Nah only at wembly,the majority don't as we know the only trophy's worth winning are the premiership,champions league, and fa cup.

The others are basically noddy cups as I said in my earlier posts when we won carling cup,its nice to win something but you not going to be able to claim any bragging rites.

Sadly without rooney I fear our season is over:bigcry:

KeithD
7th April 2010, 10:35
Sadly without rooney I fear our season is over:bigcry:
:laugher: Pity.... and our season starts Thursday :Erm:

les_taxi
7th April 2010, 11:24
When I think about it you will prob be happier than me at end of season.

1/The season will be over so that will bring you happiness as the nightmare will be gone!
2/you may win europa cup
3/Rafa may be gone
4/We wont overtake you in league titles

So there you have it it's not too bad this season lol

aromulus
7th April 2010, 11:27

1/The season will be over so that will bring you happiness as the nightmare will be gone!
2/you may win europa cup
3/Rafa may be gone

How small minded....:doh

Defeatist.... Should be shot...!!!:rolleyes:

les_taxi
7th April 2010, 11:51
How small minded....:doh

Defeatist.... Should be shot...!!!:rolleyes:

without rooney-realist:bigcry:

triple5
7th April 2010, 15:11
You'd never hear a liverpool fan saying we're a one man team. Two man maybe... :D

belfast_dude
7th April 2010, 19:20

2/you may win europa cup
3/Rafa may be gone

4/ liverpool have won the league title 20 times...sorry to bring the bad news...but man united still have a way to go to be league winner record holders....Ask any Kopite how many League titles Liverpool Football Club have won and 99 times out of 100 they'll tell you it's 18.

It's widely regarded as the record number of championship triumphs in England, but in actual fact, we've won 20.

We won one in the First World War and another one in the Second World War.

It's generally accepted that you are not really supposed to count those, but I know there are some clubs that are starting to include them in their honours list.

Need proof of that?

Well, in the museum we have the Championship trophy from the 1942-43 season. It's from the North Championships Second Round competition. It may sound a bit complicated, but what it basically means, is that England was split up into the North and South to cut down on the amount of travelling.

They cut the fixture list in half too, because there was a fear that England may have been invaded and they weren't sure whether they would be able to complete a full season.

In some ways it sells the players short to discount them from the overall number of titles. The games were being played in very dark times under the shadow of war and so they were hardly taking it easy.

The trophy is quite modest in size because resources were very scarce, but it was regarded as something of morale-booster to have something to play for.

I'm rather fond of it and if our rivals start to get too close then I suppose we could start to count the 20, couldn't we!?

20 ....not 18..keep on dreaming man united

les_taxi
7th April 2010, 22:19
:omg:you can't get any more desperate than that,you have won 18 as recognised by the fa,maybe you won some fa cups we know nothing about too!

If you are counting those when it was a stripped down competition then you are just gonna turn your club into a laughing stock,oops it already is this season:icon_lol:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1942%E2%80%9343_in_English_football

Dedworth
8th April 2010, 15:37
Unusually Whinger took this defeat on the chin and with a degree of sportsmanlike dignity. No surprise that the same cannot be said of Ferguson who blamed easy targets and came out with his normal garbage after his teams shortcomings were exposed by Bayern

aromulus
8th April 2010, 15:52
Unusually Whinger took this defeat on the chin and with a degree of sportsmanlike dignity. No surprise that the same cannot be said of Ferguson who blamed easy targets and came out with his normal garbage after his teams shortcomings were exposed by Bayern

Wenger didn't have any bullets at all to fire, as one man did all the damage... Messi....:doh
Might as well aknowledge defeat and being bettered by a living legend.:rolleyes:

On the other, lot.... :Erm:
You seem to spend an inordinate amount of time and unkind words going on bitterly about them....:doh

Keep it on the lighter side please. We like to joke and laugh, and a bit of banter.

At this rate you will end up with an ulcer.... :D

Dedworth
8th April 2010, 16:03
[SIZE=4]On the other, lot.... :Erm:
You seem to spend an inordinate amount of time and unkind words going on bitterly about them....:doh

Keep it on the lighter side please. We like to joke and laugh, and a bit of banter.

The likes of Ferguson and Neville wind me up :) I bit my tongue and showed total restraint over the CFC and Bayern away games (as believe you did :D)

Looking forward to tonights games

les_taxi
8th April 2010, 16:06
Wenger didn't have any bullets at all to fire, as one man did all the damage... Messi....:doh
Might as well aknowledge defeat and being bettered by a living legend.:rolleyes:

On the other, lot.... :Erm:

Perhaps a ban from the sport topic

KeithD
8th April 2010, 16:08
Perhaps a ban from the sport topic
I think from the Internet would be for the best :D :deletesmiley1: