PDA

View Full Version : Which is best: Fiance visa or Spouse Visa?

Northerner
7th April 2010, 17:23
I know this has been touched upon time and time again, but I wanted to just pick the brains of the current forum members.

which option do you guys think is best considering A, possible future immigration rules, B costs and C ease of passing??

:Erm:

Florge
7th April 2010, 17:50
i would still go for fiancee visa because it has given me time to really see if i would want to marry and stay here... and get to know my spouse really well too.

September
7th April 2010, 18:12
As for A,B,C Q's I will go for Spouse visa A, easy for immigration as She/he spouse already B, less cost she can go work once she landed in UK and just about 2 years for ILR, unlike for fiancce visa need to marry in 6 months and had to apply for FLR again then ILR,(twice cost) C, a I said easy passing in immigration

At the end of the day, its your decision both of you, We are just giving you some idea

johncar54
7th April 2010, 18:24
I know the question relates to UK but we live in Spain and this may be off assistance to others.

Fiancée visas do not exit in The Schengen Area so its either a visitors or spouse visa. I did try, with a former gf to get visitors visa for Spain but even though they was no apparent reason in the eyes of a lawyer) it was refused.

When I met my wife to be, on the advice of a lawyer in Phil we got married and applied for a spouse visa. It was granted as a right (for Spain, which has signed a EC Directive that it is illegal to keep a marred couple separated).

Arthur Little
7th April 2010, 19:01
i would still go for fiancee visa because it has given me time to really see if i would want to marry and stay here... and get to know my spouse really well too.

Whilst I respect Florge's reasoning, I remain an advocate for getting wed in the Phils [as I was] cutting out the "middle of the road" approach and applying directly for a spouse visa ... assuming both partners are absolutely certain they want to spend the rest of their lives together :love2: - which, admittedly, some couples are not. And again, a lot can depend on the time factor vis a vis holiday arrangements.

But such considerations apart ... there's no doubt that the Spousal route is far and away the more cost effective of the two choices - both in terms of the wedding celebrations and *visa fees. I mean, why pay the *same amount twice (within a 6 months' period) when once will suffice? :rolleyes: And let's not forget there's still ILR to contend with, a further 2 and a 1/4 years down the line ... whichever [initial] method is chosen!

somebody
7th April 2010, 19:22
I know this has been touched upon time and time again, but I wanted to just pick the brains of the current forum members.

which option do you guys think is best considering A, possible future immigration rules, B costs and C ease of passing??

:Erm:

Sean sir i know you need to start planing but its always worth going back for the 2nd trip if you can to make sure you are both right for one another.

Spouse in my view but make sure you really are suited as especially for your Mahal once she is married its not quite so simple (at least in Phill) to be divorced and free to remarry.

I know you dont want to be contemplating that but worth bearing mind.

Its a big ask of a young woman to come to the hustle and bustle yet totally often socially quiet neighbourhoods of the UK. Some can adapt, some thrive (my Wife is one) others cant so do make sure your Mahal is fully aware of what moving to the UK means.

Look on this site at how Ladies who we have as a forum had the privillige of knowing both while they are still in phill and then in the UK how they change and often struggle to deal with life in the UK.

I know there is always a hurry on been there and got the T shirt:)

Northerner
7th April 2010, 19:28
:D Oh, I am not planning anything for at least a year or so.. and yes, I will go back again before then..

Just looking at options based on a conversation I had with Rizza today:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
7th April 2010, 19:50
As for A,B,C Q's I will go for Spouse visa A, easy for immigration as She/he spouse already B, less cost she can go work once she landed in UK and just about 2 years for ILR, unlike for fiancce visa need to marry in 6 months and had to apply for FLR again then ILR,(twice cost) C, a I said easy passing in immigration

:iagree: ... much less hassle all round, and ...:gp: [which I omitted to mention] a spouse can work straightaway - whereas a fiance(e) cannot!

At the end of the day, its your decision both of you, We are just giving you some idea

Very true!! ... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sim11UK
7th April 2010, 19:58
The old story of letting her have all her family around her...Get married over there.
I honestly couldn't couldn't have imagined us getting married here, even though we are still apart.

I think somebody makes some valid points, about them settling here...That's why I fully expect to be living over there, at some point...A really very important issue, not to be over looked, before choosing either option. :)

Arthur Little
7th April 2010, 20:15
we got married and applied for a spouse visa. It was granted as a *right (for Spain, which has signed a EC Directive that it is illegal to keep a married couple separated).

*As it OUGHT to be HERE in :Britain:, too ... in EACH case! After all, our successive governments seem to have kow-towed to a plethora of other [ludicrous] EC Directives and blindly ignored 'Married Couples' Rights'!! But please, don't get me started on this track ... ! :angry:

somebody
7th April 2010, 20:17
*As it OUGHT to be HERE in :Britain:, too ... in EACH case! After all, our successive governments seem to have kow-towed to a plethora of other [ludicrous] EC Directives and blindly ignored 'Married Couples' Rights'!! But please, don't get me started on this track ... ! :angry:

For decent couples yes nothing would be more deserving sadly we all know many would abuse:NoNo:

somebody
7th April 2010, 20:21
:D Oh, I am not planning anything for at least a year or so.. and yes, I will go back again before then..

Just looking at options based on a conversation I had with Rizza today:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I know sir you have your head screwed on from what I can see:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Your right as well to start thinking about early as it takes planning and careful use of leave time especially if you opt for the spouse visa. Your mahal may not realise how complicated it is possibly to plan these trips both in getting leave and the money to travel:)

Arthur Little
7th April 2010, 20:50
Your right as well to start thinking about early as it takes planning and careful use of leave time especially if you opt for the spouse visa. Your mahal may not realise how complicated it is possibly to plan these trips both in getting leave and the money to travel:)

:iagree: as regards careful pre-planning ... since being granted sufficient time off work is likely to prove the MAIN stumbling block. But from the financial angle, the substantial savings made from having to fork-out on only ONE visa ... instead of TWO ... would go a long way towards paying for any further air fares. And also, the cost of marrying in the Phils is definitely a great deal less expensive than a comparable wedding package in the UK.

somebody
7th April 2010, 20:59
:iagree: as regards careful pre-planning ... since being granted sufficient time off work is likely to prove the MAIN stumbling block. But from the financial angle, the substantial savings made from having to fork-out on only ONE visa ... instead of TWO ... would go a long way towards paying for any further air fares. And also, the cost of marrying in the Phils is definitely a great deal less expensive than a comparable wedding package in the UK.

Indeed Sir and of course as often mentioned Rizza's family will have the option to attend. For many it will mean more ( of course i dont know your family Sean but its an educated guess.) for many of Rizza's family to see her married and if married in a cvill marriage blessed by the Lola's pastor in our case. For all your family its possible they could attend ie visa and possibly money wise if given the time to prepare and save for..

Northerner
7th April 2010, 22:36
This is why I need to think hard about this all now. I am allowed up to three months off of work as a sabbatical, so long as I give enough notice (and staffing levels are not low) and I get to keep my job:xxgrinning--00xx3: Which I imagine is the main thing visa wise...

As for my family.. Well I think Rizza's easily outnumbers mine 4 to 1:Erm: or at least when you think of the second and third cousins she is still very much in contact with..

To be honest, I am just a tad worried about what the next Government plans to do with respect to immigration and what new laws might come into play in the next year or so. So, for now I just simply plan to save and save... Hopefully:rolleyes:

joebloggs
7th April 2010, 22:45
To be honest, I am just a tad worried about what the next Government plans to do with respect to immigration and what new laws might come into play in the next year or so. So, for now I just simply plan to save and save... Hopefully:rolleyes:

i wouldn't worry too much, it will probably cost more, take longer to get and your wife will probably have to do more to get citizenship :doh but it should be a major problem for you :rolleyes:

johncar54
8th April 2010, 08:18
Northerner, yes I agree take a while to make up your mind like I did.

It took almost two weeks after having met my wife to be for us to decide to get married.

It would have been easier had I imagined that might happen, if I had taken the paperwork I needed. As it was I had to contact friends at home to forward them to me.

Oh, that was 4 years ago, and every day I know more and more it was the best thing I have ever done !!!!

KeithD
8th April 2010, 08:48
As you can see the answers to this question are not simple, and both have positives and negatives.

If you wish to 'test' the relationship then the only option is the Fiancee Visa, unless you try for a Visit Visa, but in most cases these tend to fail, but if you do get one, you can then live together for a while, wed in the Phil and apply a Spouse Visa.

By going for a Spouse Visa you are giving your wife-to-be the opportunity to marry in front of all her family and friends in one place, as once she comes to the UK she will rarely see them, and this would be a good send of they all remember. Once you are in the UK, you would have no problem having a church blessing service for your marriage for your own family and friends.

September
8th April 2010, 09:33
:iagree: ... much less hassle all round, and ...:gp: [which I omitted to mention] a spouse can work straightaway - whereas a fiance(e) cannot!

Very true!! ... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Arthur :xxgrinning--00xx3::heartshape1:

Notavirusalso
8th April 2010, 10:52

Let me know when you are ready for the off Art.. i wanna join ur revolution

Arthur Little
8th April 2010, 11:28
Let me know when you are ready for the off Art.. i wanna join ur revolution

:68711_thanx: mate ... the more :kngt::kngt: the merrier!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mikey73
12th June 2010, 16:07
hi everyone
a quick question with a fiance visa they are not allowed to work but would she be allowed to study (college/univeristy)?

keithAngel
13th June 2010, 17:17
John was it you that had to apply in Spain for your missus to be given a visa?

Im interested to know if your income was considered as Im considering Portugal where I have a house

The average wage in Portugal is 804.22€ per month, and the minimum wage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_wage), which is regulated by law, is 475€ per month.

Could your wife return to the UK with you now ?

johncar54
13th June 2010, 19:02

I'm interested to know if your income was considered as I'm considering Portugal where I have a house

The average wage in Portugal is 804.22€ per month, and the minimum wage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_wage), which is regulated by law, is 475€ per month.

Hi Keith. I was living in Spain when we got married so the application was to the Spanish Embassy in Manila. My income/assets were part of the paperwork which we had to submit but the attitude of Spain was that my wife would be given a visa for settlement without any problems. Spain had signed an EU Directive that it is practically illegal to keep spouses separated. Its a pity that UK will not sign too. I believe Portugal did sign.

My wife cannot go to UK, or even Gibraltar to go shopping, unless we have made the application, in person, at the British Embassy in Madrid (500 km away). We had a friend living here (permanent Residencia) in Spain. She married a guy from UK and they had to go through the whole, long, drawn out process for her to get a fiancée visa for UK.

joebloggs
13th June 2010, 20:28

Im interested to know if your income was considered as Im considering Portugal where I have a house

you've got a house in portugal :rolleyes: nice,
wow i'm iwshing i was like keithAngel even more now :icon_lol:
have you any sort of residence card keith from portugal ?
you should look into getting a family permit for your future misses from the embassy of portugal in manila, then after 6 months try and get her to the UK from there..

keithAngel
13th June 2010, 21:24
Thats my thinking to Joe I lived there for many years and all Id have to do is register to work in agriculture ive got 11 hectares and barns etc

Whats the six months thing your mentioning?

My German residence card only expired last year easy to get to I have no desire to pay visa fees unessasarily:icon_lol: and the minimum wage in Portugal of 5000 euros or so is easy to meet could all work well no rush to get Jhean to the uk bit of warm acclimatisation could be good all food for thought:Erm: they are fans of dried fish as well

johncar54
14th June 2010, 05:54
Kieth, just an addition to the above.

When we did the so-called interview at the Consulate, it was just a few minutes chat at the counter, mainly about the wedding photos, which we had included in the papers and we were together. They were nor required but I thought it would create a talking point. as it did.

When I asked when we would know if the visa would be approved, they again looked at me as I were from another planet, saying of course it would and that we could go ahead and book the flights to Spain for later on the day we would collect it.

icecreamlady
17th June 2010, 23:33
hello,

when i came here, i went for a fiancee visa. I looked at the stamp in my passport. The Visa says you are not allowed to work and receive public funds. I am not interested with the public funds but what stucked me with fiancee visa is that i am not allowed to work until that visa was changed to spouse visa and or limited leave to remain. also, fiancee visa is only limited up to six months. if you will not apply for a spouse visa, you are compelled to go home. should you come back to England again, you need to apply for visa again. Unlike with spouse visa, you can always enter uk within the period of two years or limited to leave entry.

Arthur Little
18th June 2010, 14:39
hello,

when i came here, i went for a fiancee visa. I looked at the stamp in my passport. The Visa says you are not allowed to work and receive public funds. I am not interested with the public funds but what stucked me with fiancee visa is that i am not allowed to work until that visa was changed to spouse visa and or limited leave to remain. also, fiancee visa is only limited up to six months. if you will not apply for a spouse visa, you are compelled to go home. should you come back to England again, you need to apply for visa again. Unlike with spouse visa, you can always enter uk within the period of two years or limited to leave entry.

So, with hindsight :rolleyes: ... would it be fair to say YOU'D NOW advocate the spousal route? :welcomex: to the forum.

maristela
11th July 2010, 10:51
Whilst I respect Florge's reasoning, I remain an advocate for getting wed in the Phils [as I was] cutting out the "middle of the road" approach and applying directly for a spouse visa ... assuming both partners are absolutely certain they want to spend the rest of their lives together :love2: - which, admittedly, some couples are not. And again, a lot can depend on the time factor vis a vis holiday arrangements.

But such considerations apart ... there's no doubt that the Spousal route is far and away the more cost effective of the two choices - both in terms of the wedding celebrations and *visa fees. I mean, why pay the *same amount twice (within a 6 months' period) when once will suffice? :rolleyes: And let's not forget there's still ILR to contend with, a further 2 and a 1/4 years down the line ... whichever [initial] method is chosen!

mr arthur,how about a settlement visa? thats what my fiance LV asked me to fill up.would you know what are my chances approval wise? we plan to get married in England once I get there...please advise.thanks!

maristela
11th July 2010, 10:51

mr arthur,how about a settlement visa? thats what my fiance LV asked me to fill up.would you know what are my chances approval wise? we plan to get married in England once I get there...please advise.thanks!

stevewool
11th July 2010, 10:54
hi there so what is it you are asking for a fiancee visa if you are planning to be wed here, you are not married already are you

redmir
23rd October 2010, 09:48
Hello everybody, im intersting in same tips, actually for now im trying to know if my italian fiancee could invite me to uk since she work and live there? i am a forigen legally in italy,

but does she need a permanent residence even shes a european citizen?
Should she rent a home for us to lvie before i apply for the visa fiance?
Or just we say shes share apartment with persons, we plan if i get visa we rent our flat to stay!? or should i book a hotel ?

please i need to know what i have to do and what is much better to make this work out!
Best regards
Sam

johncar54
23rd October 2010, 10:10
remir, may I suggest you post this as a new thread, so that it does not get confused with ll the other info

redmir
23rd October 2010, 11:10
ok man, sorry - but i already did it and got no answer yet, hopefully someone can help,

johncar54
23rd October 2010, 11:16
This thread was started with the question:-- Which is best: Fiancée visa or Spouse Visa?

What I suggested is that you start a new thread, maybe: 'Can my Italian fiancée working in UK, invite me (resident in Italy) to UK?'

That way you will (hopefully) get specific info

lyka
23rd October 2010, 18:04
i prefer the spouse visa..

johncar54
23rd October 2010, 20:43
Lyka, But Redmir is not married, so a spouse visa does apply.

tomboo
24th October 2010, 05:45
It seems to me that as long as you fulfil the requirments either visa works, the cost saving in a spouse visa makes sense. Are you posting this question because you have a specific concern that your worried may get in the way of your application?If you have no concerns about meeting the visa requirments it comes down to a choice of where you want to be married? or am i missing something

redmir
24th October 2010, 10:15
the first thing now which makes me very worried is that my fiancee doesnt have the permanent residence to invite me as fiance to enter to the uk :NoNo:

Shes says that i am italian citizen, i dont need a permanent residence! :cwm24: ?

When want to get married in the future in UK or we might regester as civil partnership in uk!!!!

johncar54
24th October 2010, 10:35
REDMIR, You have a problem here because people are posting answers to the original question, which is different form yours.

The person who stared this thread is married. Only married people can ask for a spouse visa (Spouse means married partner. It does not include fiancée) That means a fiancée CANNOT get a spouse visa.

Again I suggest you start a new thread (not added on to here) and ask your question. You will get the answers you need without the confusion which you have started here.[/COLOR]

redmir
24th October 2010, 10:38
SORRY :rolleyes: I'll try to make a new thread!

grahamw48
24th October 2010, 11:08
It may not suit everyone, but I took a 3 month 'sabbatical' from work and lived with my Filipina wife-to-be in the Phils so we could get to know each other properly (and then extended it).

We married in Manila, confident that we were doing the right thing, and getting the Spouse visa was easier too.

drhdrhdrhdrh
24th October 2010, 11:30
Yet another alternative view:
Having not enough funds to pay for my roundtrip to the Phils, marriage, then spousal visa apps, and tickets for my fiancee and her child: we chose to go for the fiancee visa approach.
It worked out better and faster than I'd expected, application to receipt of visa only a month, without interview.
Maybe the long term cost of fiancee visa is more, but for us the most important issue was to be together, at a cost within our limited short-term budget.

Terpe
24th October 2010, 12:23
Everyone has a different approach depending on their own circumstances and perspective.
Maybe a spouse visa has a slight edge over fiancee visa in terms of approval statistics.

Different strokes for different folks.:)

johncar54
24th October 2010, 12:34
I know this does not apply to most here but if one is living in the Schengen Area then a 'familiar reagroupacion' Visa (it's to re-unite a family. i.e. spouse visa) is very straightforward as most countries in EU have signed a Decree that it is in effect illegal to keep a family separated.

Pity UK did not sign up to it as well.

grahamw48
24th October 2010, 13:14
Agree.

Unfortunately we have to suffer because of the general f***ups successive British govts have made over immigration.

The easiest way here it seems was to chuck your passport in the bin on the way off the plane or ferry. :rolleyes:

johncar54
24th October 2010, 13:22
A couple of years ago in Spain I was chatting with a Sikh whom it transpired lived in UK. He said if my wife (Filipino) went to UK, when she was there she should hide her passport, go to the police and say she was illegal. Then he said she would get a couple of hundred pounds a weeks and maybe more if she played it right.

Then when she intended returning to Spain tell them she had found her passport.

He said the police would do nothing about it and that many of his friends did it.

I did not know the man but I had no reason to suspect he was not telling the truth.

Terpe
24th October 2010, 13:44
I sometimes watch the TV programme about UKBA. I think it's call Border Patrol or something similar.
If UKBA pick you up for being here illegally the first thing they look for is passport.
If you have no passport, it's almost impossible to be deported since they cannot prove where you originally came from.
So here you must stay.

grahamw48
24th October 2010, 13:49
And of course that is the crux of the problem.

The facilitation of illegal immigration into the UK is a HUGE business involving immigrant families already here who have no real loyalty to this country, systematically look for loopholes in the law, take advantage of the fact that their individual identities can easily be confused amongst their extended family system, and make full use of anti-racist legislation, all to exploit US for financial gain.

Fake passports and documents of all kinds being a well-established cottage industry.

The namby pamby powers that be are too thick to realise it, or too timid to grasp the nettle and deal with the problem effectively.

This is what happens when civil servants are naive to the ways that are considered the norm in many other countries, and goody goody middle-class pressure groups start bleating about racism when anyone has the temerity to point an accusing finger at these CRIMINALS. :cwm23:

johncar54
24th October 2010, 14:00
Some years ago when I was attached to a South London Police Station one of the civilian staff in the canteen upset a Detective Constable. He looked up the law on illegals, did a search on all the staff and found that three were illegals.

I don't know if they were deported but as it was about 30 years ago ( pre the Politically Correct brigades) maybe they were. They certainly were not seen again working in the canteen.

Terpe
24th October 2010, 14:46
Some years ago when I was attached to a South London Police Station one of the civilian staff in the canteen upset a Detective Constable. He looked up the law on illegals, did a search on all the staff and found that three were illegals.

I don't know if they were deported but as it was about 30 years ago ( pre the Politically Correct brigades) maybe they were. They certainly were not seen again working in the canteen.

A similar thing happened at the immigration office also.:doh

junior02
24th October 2010, 15:29
i agree grahamw48 And think that illegal immigration to the uk, that are goverments cant seem to deal with, makes it harder for legal immigrants from visa countries applying for visas to uk, as they are making it harder for them, as its a easy option for them to refuse an applicant that applys in the legal way. so in my own opinion the uk goverment pick on the easy targets..

grahamw48
24th October 2010, 16:56
i agree grahamw48 And think that illegal immigration to the uk, that are goverments cant seem to deal with, makes it harder for legal immigrants from visa countries applying for visas to uk, as they are making it harder for them, as its a easy option for them to refuse an applicant that applys in the legal way. so in my own opinion the uk goverment pick on the easy targets..

Totally agree.

Now if we were to be a different race, a different religion, and CLEARLY bringing someone in as the result of an arranged marriage ? :rolleyes:

junior02
24th October 2010, 17:26
Totally agree.

Now if we were to be a different race, a different religion, and CLEARLY bringing someone in as the result of an arranged marriage ? :rolleyes:

The door is open..:rolleyes:

lastlid
18th August 2011, 11:24
Hi

A slightly different slant on the same topic. Which of a spouse and fiancee visa is more likely to be awarded by the UKBA? My thinking is that with the spouse visa there is more evidence of a genuine relationship if a couple are already married, especially if the wedding is in the Philippines and all the family is there.

Is my thinking correct?

Thankyou.

grahamw48
18th August 2011, 11:37
I would have thought so.

That's why I got married in the Phils....plus a lot cheaper, and didn't have to invite my relations. :icon_lol:

KeithD
18th August 2011, 12:19
Not really. If you have a true relationship then both are easy to prove. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
18th August 2011, 12:38
Hi

A slightly different slant on the same topic. Which of a spouse and fiancee visa is more likely to be awarded by the UKBA? My thinking is that with the spouse visa there is more evidence of a genuine relationship if a couple are already married, especially if the wedding is in the Philippines and all the family is there.

Is my thinking correct?

Thankyou.

The spouse and fiancee visa have pretty much the same key requirements to satisfy UKBA.

Your thinking that a marriage provides better evidence of genuine relationship does not necessarily hold true. Individual circumstances vary considerably and the ECO will need to feel comfortable about all relationships. Marriage itself is not proof. Plenty of people try to use marriage as the route to a visa, and the UKBA are well aware of that.

joebloggs
18th August 2011, 13:14
all depends on your evidence, but not much difference btw them, most people get their visa first time which ever of the 2 visa's they apply for. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
18th August 2011, 13:41
Hi

Is my thinking correct?

Thankyou.

Hi, :welcomex: here. Logically your thinking is correct. However - as has been pointed out - in BOTH cases, applicants need to satisfy the Entry Clearance Officer that theirs is a genuine relationship. So in that sense, chances of success are more or less eeksy~peeksy.

Financially, however, marrying in the Phils is a lot less expensive ... not least, in that it overrides the necessity to fork-out :REGamblMoney01HL1: the same amount twice within a comparatively short space of time ... because, no sooner has the fiance(e) arrived in the UK, than arrangements require to be made for (what is likely to turn out to be a much more costly wedding) to ensure that he/she marries within 6 months ... then afterwards apply for Further Leave to Remain.

Maria B
18th August 2011, 13:53

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
18th August 2011, 14:23
Not really. If you have a true relationship then both are easy to prove. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hi all thanks.
I query the above as I think intent can be hard to prove. Maybe it isnt. But I have just posted a box of paperwork to my wife with all of the "evidence" but I just wonder if it can truly be construed as genuine. I know that it is. But to the scrutineers I wonder how easy or difficult it is to prove that a relationship is genuine in terms of a fiancee or a spouse visa. That said I felt that marriage, in the Philippines might be more far reaching evidence than just an intention to get married.
I have sent a heap of photos (46) of us both and heaps of YM logs etc etc but how do the scrutineers decide if they are genuine or not?

I am being a bit paranoid, i think. But it must be a hard call, sometimes for the UKBA folk to make a decision?

Cheers for now.

lastlid
18th August 2011, 14:29
all depends on your evidence, but not much difference btw them, most people get their visa first time which ever of the 2 visa's they apply for. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hi Joe, thanks. I noticed that you said "most people". Do you know what kind of percentage? I have never seen such a stat anywhwere.

Arthur Little
18th August 2011, 15:22
:iagree: ... intent CAN be difficult to prove ... most especially if a couple marry within a short time of meeting one another. But, while by definition, LDRs are not always easy to sustain, the fact that you've made the effort of getting to know your partner, through travelling all the way to her homeland and supplying the evidence you've mentioned - presumably with lots photographs of the pair of you together - is likely to work in your favour.

Bear in mind too, that an ECO will, in every case, need to come up with good, strong reason(s) to justify separating a husband and wife.

:anerikke: ... that's about IT, basically. Good luck! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
18th August 2011, 15:54
Sorry Arthur,

What is an LDR?

Many thanks.

Arthur Little
18th August 2011, 15:59
Sorry Arthur,

What is an LDR?

Many thanks.

:icon_sorry: ... 'Long Distance Relationship'.

lastlid
18th August 2011, 16:02
Yes. Thanks. The penny dropped quite soon after my posting.
Thanks Arthur for the feedback.
Cheers

Arthur Little
18th August 2011, 18:55
Yes. Thanks. The penny dropped quite soon after my posting.
Thanks Arthur for the feedback.
Cheers

:) My pleasure :rolleyes: ... it took ME a wee while to get used to some of the terminology when I first joined. But you'll soon pick it up - the longer you're here - as I did myself. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
18th August 2011, 21:00
Hi Joe, thanks. I noticed that you said "most people". Do you know what kind of percentage? I have never seen such a stat anywhwere.

There are statistics. The Home Office (and UKBA) publish their statistics and it is in the public domain.
lastlid, have you ever looked for UKBA stats?

Just as an overall indicator, from 2007-2010 the refusal rate from all the settlement visa applications made from outside UK is 8%

Terpe
18th August 2011, 21:07
Hi all thanks.
I query the above as I think intent can be hard to prove. Maybe it isnt. But I have just posted a box of paperwork to my wife with all of the "evidence" but I just wonder if it can truly be construed as genuine. I know that it is. But to the scrutineers I wonder how easy or difficult it is to prove that a relationship is genuine in terms of a fiancee or a spouse visa. That said I felt that marriage, in the Philippines might be more far reaching evidence than just an intention to get married.
I have sent a heap of photos (46) of us both and heaps of YM logs etc etc but how do the scrutineers decide if they are genuine or not?

I am being a bit paranoid, i think. But it must be a hard call, sometimes for the UKBA folk to make a decision?

Cheers for now.

It's true to say that these things can often appear to be described as a 'hard to call'.
However the ECO's do undertake considerable specialist training and spend quite a lot of time 'under-the-wing' of experienced people. Doing this type of work every day soon equips you with a 'certain feel' and understanding for the job.

KeithD
19th August 2011, 11:16

Those who following the info on this site, about 98% :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
19th August 2011, 11:26
There are statistics. The Home Office (and UKBA) publish their statistics and it is in the public domain.
lastlid, have you ever looked for UKBA stats?

Just as an overall indicator, from 2007-2010 the refusal rate from all the settlement visa applications made from outside UK is 8%

No. I confess I haven't seen such stats. Thankyou.
Cause for optimism! Thanks.

lastlid
19th August 2011, 11:31
Okay. Thanks. I would find it difficult but to the trained eye, much easier....
Thanks.

McGregor03
21st August 2011, 12:51
Hi everyone.Am a filipina and am happily engaged to a scottish.
I'll be applying my fiancee visa soon (next month)..I just don't know what are the documents that I need to gather and how long will it take to have my visa..
I just wanna be with my partner as soon as I can coz I miss him so much and I can't afford to be far from him for too long...
I will really appreciate it if someone can ans.my Q's..

Thank u...xx

KeithD
21st August 2011, 13:27
Have you tried looking on this forum? :Erm: http://filipinaroses.com/forumdisplay.php/46-UK-VISA-British-Citizenship-IMPORTANT-INFORMATION

Steve.r
21st August 2011, 14:10
Hi everyone.Am a filipina and am happily engaged to a scottish.
I'll be applying my fiancee visa soon (next month)..I just don't know what are the documents that I need to gather and how long will it take to have my visa..
I just wanna be with my partner as soon as I can coz I miss him so much and I can't afford to be far from him for too long...
I will really appreciate it if someone can ans.my Q's..

Thank u...xx

You have made the same post in 4 different areas of the forum, please be a little more selective and not post the same over and over again. :rolleyes:

Welcome btw :)