PDA

View Full Version : Have you still got central heating on in the UK

mickcant
9th April 2010, 13:21
Hi all,:Hellooo:
I am living on the Isle of Wight, a “Garden Isle”
I have been turning my night storage heating down over the past week, but finally turned it off yesterday!
I am just wondering if those blessed with there Filipina Wife’s are still needing the central heating on?
Mick. :REDancedancer08:

KeithD
9th April 2010, 14:18
Heatin on...... doors & windows open :xxgrinning--00xx3: .... :censored: the planet :laugher:

les_taxi
9th April 2010, 14:35
Heatin on...... doors & windows open :xxgrinning--00xx3: .... :censored: the planet :laugher:

Well it gonna blow up anyway when sun goes supanova:icon_lol:

triple5
9th April 2010, 16:42
prefer aircon myself :D

September
9th April 2010, 16:51
Speaking for filipina wife, its been ages turn off ,seriously we just wear thick coat to save bills

Sim11UK
9th April 2010, 16:58
I haven't got any central heating to turn off? :Erm:

All I've got is woodburners, which aren't very warm, when the wood's not dry & one plug in radiator.

My place is very rustic...it's been :censored: freezing this winter. :freezin:

nigel
9th April 2010, 17:05
Not my Filipina but...I get up at the bright and early time of 4am...and I turn the central heating on! I miss the tropical heat of Philippines too you know!! hahaha:icon_lol:

Arthur Little
9th April 2010, 17:13
Ours tends to be on first thing in the mornings ... and again in the evenings, now that we're [purportedly] into British Summer Time. Hopefully, the mercury will continue to rise, and we've experienced the last of the [hitherto] :freezin: temperatures for a few months at least!

Arthur Little
9th April 2010, 17:20
I haven't got any central heating to turn off? :Erm:

All I've got is woodburners, which aren't very warm, when the wood's not dry & one plug in radiator.

My place is very rustic...it's been :censored: freezing this winter. :freezin:

... and it's said that the :Kilt:s have a reputation for being thrifty! :icon_lol:

Sim11UK
9th April 2010, 17:24
... and it's said that the :Kilt:s have a reputation for being thrifty! :icon_lol:

I was probably a Scot in a previous life Arthur. Sim'mc'11uk:D

Englishman2010
9th April 2010, 20:09
My Gas CH is still on for an hour first thing in the morning and an hour in the evening, although I have turned the thermostat down from 24 to 21. There's no Filipina here yet.

Jamesey
9th April 2010, 22:57
I'd like to turn if off completely, but I've compromised and just turned down the thermostat a bit.

But as I site here typing this in a short sleeved shirt, my wife is huddled under a blanket! :freezin:

pumpkins
10th April 2010, 00:24
just today we turned it down for the first time coz we noticed its getting warm .:cwm23::cwm23::cwm23:
and we bought electirc fan last week so i think we start using it soon.
and also we removed the third layer of duvet
and one thing, we sleep in daytime ( coz of hubby's work shift ) its hard for me to sleep coz the sun taking a long time to go down, when am sleeping already my mind is just conscious that the sun is still there 8 o'clock in the evening so i just could'nt go back to sleep when the sun is still there:Brick:

KeithD
10th April 2010, 10:57
and one thing, we sleep in daytime ( coz of hubby's work shift ) its hard for me to sleep coz the sun taking a long time to go down, when am sleeping already my mind is just conscious that the sun is still there 8 o'clock in the evening so i just could'nt go back to sleep when the sun is still there:Brick:
Buy proper blackout curtains