PDA

View Full Version : BT phone

scottishbride
10th April 2010, 14:27
Got a problems with BT phones.. My brother inlaw used to be our tenants and He avail a 12 months contract with BT. Now the contract will be due on 6 May 2010 and we want it to be transfer to our names.. Since, we are the Landlord.. Called Bt and they said wee need to pay some cancellation fee like 6 pounds for Bt line and 128 pounds for broadband.!!! I wonder why??? When I was in the Philipiines, If you finished the 12 months contract you don't need to pay anything for cancellation and very easy to transfer it. :NoNo:

KeithD
10th April 2010, 15:01
If the contract has finished you pay nothing!

triple5
10th April 2010, 15:06
BT :doh I won't you bore with the details of the problems I've had with them over the past few years. Another great BRITISH company gone to the dogs. I take it you haven't gotten much sense out of the Indians (call center) then?

KeithD
10th April 2010, 15:09
I take it you haven't gotten much sense out of the Indians
Bunch of cowboys :D

maria_and_matt
10th April 2010, 18:24
BT has been very kind to us, they have employed my hubby for 35 years now... and they give us good bonuses and lots of free stuff:icon_lol::icon_lol:

KeithD
10th April 2010, 19:05
.... and lots of free stuff:icon_lol::icon_lol:
Like wire :xxgrinning--00xx3: :Erm:

maria_and_matt
10th April 2010, 19:56
Like wire :xxgrinning--00xx3: :Erm:

yep like wire so i can tie up hubby :icon_lol::icon_lol:

RickyR
10th April 2010, 20:26
OK, this sounds a bit strange. From what I can see you have two seperate contracts, one for the BT Telephone line and one for the BT Broadband. If the contact for the BT Broadband has months remaining, you will have to pay for those. You should not have to pay a connection or cancellation fee outside of the contract period. If this isn't the case, post more details here and i'll try to help you.

KeithD
10th April 2010, 20:27
BT Broadband is a different company from BT ... so they keep telling me :Erm:

Pete67
18th April 2010, 07:47
Got a problems with BT phones.. My brother inlaw used to be our tenants and He avail a 12 months contract with BT. Now the contract will be due on 6 May 2010 and we want it to be transfer to our names.. Since, we are the Landlord.. Called Bt and they said wee need to pay some cancellation fee like 6 pounds for Bt line and 128 pounds for broadband.!!! I wonder why??? When I was in the Philipiines, If you finished the 12 months contract you don't need to pay anything for cancellation and very easy to transfer it. :NoNo:

Is the broadband also BT? if so you probably got a free router, and they would expect you to compensate them for loss of income if you cancel early.
I got broadband at my mum's house, also use her phone, so I pay broad band for both of us and she pays phone bill for both of us.
Possible sloution- get a seperate bill for broadband but you would still need a BT phone line.
Also, best to phone BT at weekends, phones often answered by homeworkers in UK, or don't choose any options, just stay on the line, then you probably get UK senior call worker cos it flags up a fault on the line to India....