PDA

View Full Version : copies or originals

stevewool
11th April 2010, 17:30
hi i am getting all the papers pictures and so together to send to the phils, bank statements i know i can blank out account and sort code numbers but do i send originals as well as copies or just send copies x2 plus my yearly mortgage statement the same what do i send??? this is it the last little bits to sort out then hopefuly emma will be here, thanks

Arthur Little
11th April 2010, 19:39
hi i am getting all the papers pictures and so together to send to the phils, bank statements i know i can blank out account and sort code numbers but do i send originals as well as copies or just send copies x2 plus my yearly mortgage statement the same what do i send??? this is it the last little bits to sort out then hopefuly emma will be here, thanks

:rolleyes: From memory, I'm fairly certain you'll need to send ORIGINALS ... of your Bank Statements [along with copies] at least ... Steve. I realise this is a bit of a hassle ... considering you're in the UK ... but best to be on the safe side! As regards your annual Mortgage Statement, I imagine it would be the same story.

Thing is, it so happened I was still in the Phils when MY wife and I lodged OUR papers ... which made the process a whole lot easier. Plus, my mortgage had been repaid a couple of years earlier, and it was the 'Title Deeds' that were required. In the event, it might be worthwhile awaiting others' responses here, as THEIR opinions could well differ from MINE! :rolleyes:

stevewool
11th April 2010, 19:49
:rolleyes: From memory, I'm fairly certain you'll need to send ORIGINALS ... of your Bank Statements [along with copies] at least ... Steve. I realise this is a bit of a hassle ... considering you're in the UK ... but best to be on the safe side! As regards your annual Mortgage Statement, I imagine it would be the same story.

Thing is, it so happened I was still in the Phils when MY wife and I lodged OUR papers ... which made the process a whole lot easier. Plus, my mortgage had been repaid a couple of years earlier, and it was the 'Title Deeds' that were required. In the event, it might be worthwhile awaiting others' responses here, as THEIR opinions could well differ from MINE! :rolleyes:

thanks but sending the originals i will have to tipex the account out with the sort code too

Arthur Little
11th April 2010, 20:10
thanks but sending the originals i will have to tipex the account out with the sort code too

Tippex? :Erm: ... hopefully someone will come up with a better "solution"!

mistermatty
13th April 2010, 13:24
i am in the same boat and makin all my copys as we speak , is it overkill to erase all the account numbers and sort codes ??

joebloggs
13th April 2010, 13:29
from a well known immigration advice site..

Owing to the sophistication of forgerers, your attachments should be originals.

We are now recommending that a photocopy be included with every original.

When submitting original bank statements, the sort code and account number can be blackened out in order to prevent identity theft; this information can be given separately.

When submitting original salary slips, the National Insurance Number can be blackened out in order to prevent identity theft; this information can be given separately.

It is perfectly acceptable to give the applicant a sealed envelop with all your attachments inside. Mark the envelop "CONFIDENTIAL DOCUMENTS: To be opened by the ECO".

(And include a self-addressed envelop so they can be sent back to you. not sure about this bit thou :rolleyes:)

rayofLight
13th April 2010, 13:33

=bank statement,mortgage statements- must be originals..

malditako
13th April 2010, 15:10
i have submitted all the originals....applied last week :)

mistermatty
13th April 2010, 15:22
i have submitted all the originals....applied last week :)

Did you blank out bank account numbers and NI numbers due to ID fraud concerns ?

malditako
13th April 2010, 15:26
Did you blank out bank account numbers and NI numbers due to ID fraud concerns ?

No, i didn't....the girl at the counter from VFS doesnt seems to bother to read the documents....I trust the credibility of the British Embassy and the people they are working with :)

Arthur Little
13th April 2010, 18:06
No, i didn't....the girl at the counter from VFS doesnt seems to bother to read the documents....I trust the credibility of the British Embassy and the people they are working with :)

Neither did WE when MY wife applied for HER visa. :NoNo: And, to be perfectly honest, :iagree: it SHOULDN'T be necessary ... for the [same] reason(s) as you've just cited. Good Luck with YOUR application, incidentally! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
13th April 2010, 18:31
=bank statement,mortgage statements- must be originals..

if its from a UK bank and its not an online bank statement then a photocopy should be fine, but minimise your risks and send originals if you have them :xxgrinning--00xx3: