PDA

View Full Version : How can I watch Gene Hunt when I'm in the Phili's?

Englishman2010
11th April 2010, 20:39
As I will be on my travels soon, I am going to miss the next 3 episodes of Ashes to Ashes. I know the BBC i-player only works in the UK and programmes are only saved for 7 days. Any bright ideas how I can watch it on line? I don't have any facility to record it while I am away as I never got round to buying a Hard Disk recorder and don't have Sky.

Northerner
11th April 2010, 21:06
The way I guess would be to try and hide your true IP address (don't ask me how to do it).. But that aside I think perhaps get a frend to record it for you, if you can wait..

The only other ways would be through illegal file sharing which we all here disagree with:ReadIt::cwm3:

somebody
11th April 2010, 21:19
Sort out a vpn?

Steve.r
11th April 2010, 21:28
All I have to say is..................WHY????? :doh :Cuckoo: I thought you were going to see your girl, :do_it: not watch tv :icon_lol:

Englishman2010
11th April 2010, 21:35
All I have to say is..................WHY????? :doh :Cuckoo: I thought you were going to see your girl, :do_it: not watch tv :icon_lol:

It's only an hour once a week:icon_lol: She can have my undivided attention for the remaining 167 hours each week

RickyR
11th April 2010, 21:35
I'll have a look later, but there is a company who offer a proxy server in the UK for about 5 pounds a month, with garaunteed access to BBC i player etc. Alternative is the purchase of a slingbox, which allows you to control your TV at home through the internet.
Both of these require a good internet connection in the Philippines...

Steve.r
11th April 2010, 21:39
English' do you not know someone who can save it on a sky box, I have an old video recorder, anyone remember them lol

Englishman2010
11th April 2010, 21:56
A good internet connection in the Philippines? Does such a thing exist:icon_lol:

I've got a video recorder, but I've never bothered to re-tune it to my TV since I bought a digital TV. I don't even know if I've got any VHS cassettes, I haven't used it for years.

I'm sure if I ask friends most of them will have a Sky recorder, but I don't see how that will help me view it as the box will be connected to their TV, not mine.

It's not the end of the world, give it a few weeks and it will be in 10 minute chunks on You Tube, so I'll catch up somehow.

I do have the 'Beeb Player' application on my HTC phone, someone said that there aren't any geographical restrictions on that if it is on a UK registered phone. I'll try that first and see (providing I can get wireless access in my hotels).

Steve.r
11th April 2010, 22:03
I am sure my friend at work is able to record onto a dvd anything he has recorded on his sky box, might take a different cable connection, but is definately possible.

Dedworth
14th April 2010, 21:29
I'll have a look later, but there is a company who offer a proxy server in the UK for about 5 pounds a month, with garaunteed access to BBC i player etc. Alternative is the purchase of a slingbox, which allows you to control your TV at home through the internet.
Both of these require a good internet connection in the Philippines...

Did you manage to find that company ? A mate of mine in Australia is always bitching that he can't watch iPlayer, 4oD etc

RickyR
15th April 2010, 21:11
Hi, this is one of them I found on google. http://www.ukproxyserver.co.uk/ but is about a tenner a month. However I'll have a look through some of the expat magazines i've got later, as I'm sure I saw an advert for about a fiver recently.

Dedworth
15th April 2010, 21:13
Hi, this is one of them I found on google. http://www.ukproxyserver.co.uk/ but is about a tenner a month. However I'll have a look through some of the expat magazines i've got later, as I'm sure I saw an advert for about a fiver recently.

Much appreciated thanks Ricky !

Englishman2010
15th April 2010, 21:13
Well, seeing as my flight has been cancelled, I dont think I'll be missing tomorrow's episode now.