PDA

View Full Version : Can I buy snake meat in the Phil's?

Englishman2010
12th April 2010, 21:38
Strange request this:crazy:
My son is desparate to try snake meat, when I was in Singapore last year I had to go all over Chinatown in a attempt to find some pickled snake meat in a jar or sealed container that I could bring home. I didn't find anywhere, and was told the best places to get it from are Vietnam, Taiwan and China.
Just wondered if anyone knows if you can get it in Manila. I also fancy a bottle of snakeblood vodka for myself:icon_win:

somebody
12th April 2010, 21:56
I been in a resturant where i belive you could eat snake if you so wished. I opted out and had some Roast pork but hang on pork is like Human sk:omg:

Arthur Little
12th April 2010, 22:55
I know it must be on sale in the Phils ... in fact, I can vouch for that ... because a relative of my wife's by marriage invited me to sample a taste of python meat. Did I take him up on his offer? :NoNo: I politely declined - deciding, without hesitation, it just wasn't for me! :vomit-smiley-011:

triple5
13th April 2010, 02:26
Yeh, you can definitely get it here, but not sure where you'd start looking in manila though.

sars_notd_virus
13th April 2010, 03:29
Chinatown for exotic foods. Some chinese restos serves snakes, turtles, deer meat, horse meat (though not so exotic anymore) wild pig meat,frog, lizerd, etc.

or outside manila :;

Exotik Garden Restaurant:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Address: National Hi-way, Brgy. Longos, Kalayaan, Laguna
Directions: From Pagsanjan Church, turn left towards Lumban. Go straight ahead until you reach Kalayaan. Watch for the sign on your right side.

Englishman2010
13th April 2010, 08:33
Chinatown for exotic foods. Some chinese restos serves snakes, turtles, deer meat, horse meat (though not so exotic anymore) wild pig meat,frog, lizerd, etc.

or outside manila :;

Exotik Garden Restaurant:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Address: National Hi-way, Brgy. Longos, Kalayaan, Laguna
Directions: From Pagsanjan Church, turn left towards Lumban. Go straight ahead until you reach Kalayaan. Watch for the sign on your right side.

Many thanks. I'll try Chinatown in Manila first.

Some of the other meats sound interesting too. I'm not squeamish, but I do draw the line at dog or cat meat:yikes:

sars_notd_virus
13th April 2010, 11:37
Many thanks. I'll try Chinatown in Manila first.

Some of the other meats sound interesting too. I'm not squeamish, but I do draw the line at dog or cat meat:yikes:

your welcome...:)
I've tried deer meat and frog adobo they look cleaner too me and healthier :rolleyes:

:NoNo:to dogs and cats (meat) please:NoNo:

Englishman2010
13th April 2010, 13:07
your welcome...:)
I've tried deer meat and frog adobo they look cleaner too me and healthier :rolleyes:

:NoNo:to dogs and cats (meat) please:NoNo:

Deer (venison) and frogslegs can be easily found in the UK. I'd quite like to try turtle and lizard and I'm not put off by insects or grubs. It's just cats and dogs and probably rat too, that I couldn't eat.

As a good friend once said to me, "if we weren't meant to eat animals, God wouldn't have made them out of meat"

And when asked if he wanted salad with his steak, he replied "salad, isn't that what food eats?"

malditako
13th April 2010, 15:14
you may want to try this exotic resto in Angono Rizal....Balaw Balaw Folk Food - Folk Art Specialty Restaurant :)

malditako
13th April 2010, 15:16
Oh I forgot to mention pampanga....

keithAngel
13th April 2010, 17:27
Dont forget the New species giant lizard:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
13th April 2010, 17:28
"if we weren't meant to eat animals, God wouldn't have made them out of meat"

But there again, human beings are composed of meat, too ... and if we ate our fellow species, :nono-1-1: we'd be classified as cannibals! :wizardkl:

Arthur Little
13th April 2010, 17:39
I'm not put off by insects or *grubs.

:603785: ... lovely *grub, eh?

Englishman2010
13th April 2010, 20:33
But there again, human beings are composed of meat, too ... and if we ate our fellow species, :nono-1-1: we'd be classified as cannibals! :wizardkl:

You are quite right Arthur:xxgrinning--00xx3: