PDA

View Full Version : Appeal allowed, Got the Passport Back but...

jbt
13th April 2010, 15:13
hello,

just an update, after our appeal was allowed for my daughters visa refusal last feb 2010, the uk embassy in the philippines has called my daughter to send her passport to the uk embassy w/c she did and today they had sent it back to her but w/out any visa stamped on it and without any letter informing us why there is no visa stamp or any update in the passport, i've sent them an email and anxiously still waiting for their reply....after more than a year of this process, i wish there will be no more problems....:-(

IainBusby
13th April 2010, 17:39
hello,

just an update, after our appeal was allowed for my daughters visa refusal last feb 2010, the uk embassy in the philippines has called my daughter to send her passport to the uk embassy w/c she did and today they had sent it back to her but w/out any visa stamped on it and without any letter informing us why there is no visa stamp or any update in the passport, i've sent them an email and anxiously still waiting for their reply....after more than a year of this process, i wish there will be no more problems....:-(

Has she checked all of the passport pages because they usually put the visa sticker somewhere in the middle of the passport, not on the second or third page as you might expect. I just checked my wife's passport and it was on page 9 and on my step-daughters it's on page 4.

jbt
13th April 2010, 18:08
hi Iain....
yeah...they had checked each pages...probably hundred times...i asked them many, many times if they really, really checked it thoroughly....and they did, my daughter, my sister, my brother in law...all of them checked it..and there's no stamp or any sticker on it...i hope it doesnt mean any problems again...i wish its just a mistake on their side....:-(

joebloggs
13th April 2010, 18:44
i think they have made a mistake in sending her passport back without a visa :doh

looks like someone was :crazy::Cuckoo: that day :Brick:

jbt
14th April 2010, 04:46
i think they have made a mistake in sending her passport back without a visa :doh

looks like someone was :crazy::Cuckoo: that day :Brick:

i do really, really wish this is the case joe.....we did everything we could......i hope it's really a mistake on their side.....:NoNo:

darlamoon
14th April 2010, 08:04
HI JBT, just want to know, what type of visa did your daughter apply for? how long did the appeal take? can you share the email address you have of the british embassy. I too would like to follow up on my mom's visa also. i have tried the number i saw here of the consular/visa section but my mom spent the entire day trying to no avail.
hope your daughter gets her visa soon....

joebloggs
14th April 2010, 11:02
i do really, really wish this is the case joe.....we did everything we could......i hope it's really a mistake on their side.....:NoNo:

i'm sure its just a mistake as the embassy i think have only 5 days to make an appeal after you won your refusal, and it's been 6wks ago since you won your appeal ?

jbt
14th April 2010, 12:59
i'm sure its just a mistake as the embassy i think have only 5 days to make an appeal after you won your refusal, and it's been 6wks ago since you won your appeal ?

whew,after more or less 2 hours of dialling and since i really cannot wait for their reply to my email....i finally managed to talk to one of the staff in the appeals team in the UK Embassy in Manila, i told him the situation & he seemed surprised and said it shouldnt have happened and said according to their system everything seems to be ok and that my daughter should have the stamp(but he's not confirming it 100%), he scheduled my daughter to come to the embassy tomw w/her passport and see someone from their office who handles this type of problem....

Oh my God, another day of being so nervous again.....not knowing if they're gonna give us more headaches :doh...

jbt
14th April 2010, 13:10
HI JBT, just want to know, what type of visa did your daughter apply for? how long did the appeal take? can you share the email address you have of the british embassy. I too would like to follow up on my mom's visa also. i have tried the number i saw here of the consular/visa section but my mom spent the entire day trying to no avail.
hope your daughter gets her visa soon....

hello darlamoon,

thank you...my daughter had applied for settlement visa (as my dependant), submitted her application last feb 2009 got refused i guess on march 2009, made an appeal june/july 2009, got a court hearing date last jan 2010 and our appeal was allowed feb 2010..all in all...i guess it took more or less a year for the appeal process and now we're waiting for her visa stamp (hope there is no more problems)...

these are the contact infos. that i have for the visa/appeals team in the UK embassy in the Phils, they do reply in emails but you have to wait for a couple of days and if u do want to follow-up by phone you have to be really, really patient as you have to dial probably hundred times...it will just keep on ringing, u have to try and try until someone answers....

British Embassy Manila , Email: manilavisaenquiries@fco.gov.uk |Website: www.ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk Tel-006328582398
Office Hours: Monday - Thursday 0800-1545 | Friday 0800-1230

Goodluck on your Mom's Visa.....i hope she will get her visa soon.....i hope the above will help...just be patient....all the best

Arthur Little
14th April 2010, 13:16
whew,after more or less 2 hours of dialling and since i really cannot wait for their reply to my email....i finally managed to talk to one of the staff in the appeals team in the UK Embassy in Manila, i told him the situation & he seemed surprised and said it shouldnt have happened and said according to their system everything seems to be ok and that my daughter should have the stamp(but he's not confirming it 100%), he scheduled my daughter to come to the embassy tomw w/her passport and see someone from their office who handles this type of problem....

Oh my God, another day of being so nervous again.....not knowing if they're gonna give us more headaches :doh...

Hellish business!! :cwm23: Looks like things are back on course now, though ... so all the best to your daughter. And try to remain optimistic! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jbt
14th April 2010, 13:24
Hellish business!! :cwm23: Looks like things are back on course now, though ... so all the best to your daughter. And try to remain optimistic! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thank you Arthur....i hope it's all good tomw...my daughter is so scared to go back to the embassy again after her experienced in the interview before....feels like we're being tortured more and more...its like you're almost there, its in front of you but you still cant touch it....:NoNo:

joebloggs
14th April 2010, 13:31
thank you Arthur....i hope it's all good tomw...my daughter is so scared to go back to the embassy again after her experienced in the interview before....feels like we're being tortured more and more...its like you're almost there, its in front of you but you still cant touch it....:NoNo:

i'm sure its just to stick the visa in her passport :xxgrinning--00xx3:, thou i'm sure you would like to stick it some where else :rolleyes: .. like the person :action-smiley-081: who sent the passport back :yikes:

it's nearly over jbt :xxgrinning--00xx3: :Jump::Wave:

jbt
14th April 2010, 13:37
i'm sure its just to stick the visa in her passport :xxgrinning--00xx3:, thou i'm sure you would like to stick it some where else :rolleyes: .. like the person :action-smiley-081: who sent the passport back :yikes:

it's nearly over jbt :xxgrinning--00xx3: :Jump::Wave:

:icon_lol: @joe.....i wish thats the case, just to stick the visa....i might go :Cuckoo::crazy::bigcry:, if there's more.....

another day....((((big, big sigh))).....

darlamoon
14th April 2010, 14:52
hello darlamoon,

thank you...my daughter had applied for settlement visa (as my dependant), submitted her application last feb 2009 got refused i guess on march 2009, made an appeal june/july 2009, got a court hearing date last jan 2010 and our appeal was allowed feb 2010..all in all...i guess it took more or less a year for the appeal process and now we're waiting for her visa stamp (hope there is no more problems)...

these are the contact infos. that i have for the visa/appeals team in the UK embassy in the Phils, they do reply in emails but you have to wait for a couple of days and if u do want to follow-up by phone you have to be really, really patient as you have to dial probably hundred times...it will just keep on ringing, u have to try and try until someone answers....

British Embassy Manila , Email: manilavisaenquiries@fco.gov.uk |Website: www.ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk Tel-006328582398
Office Hours: Monday - Thursday 0800-1545 | Friday 0800-1230

Goodluck on your Mom's Visa.....i hope she will get her visa soon.....i hope the above will help...just be patient....all the best

Thanks JBT for the info. just tell your daughter to hang in there, the worst is almost over...
as for my moms visa, from your lips to god's ears...
all the best

jbt
15th April 2010, 05:48
:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy: finally!!!

my daughter just left the embassy and she finally got the visa.... :Jump::heartshape1:....few more steps....cfo seminar, travel clearance, plane ticket and she will be here soon...thanks God!!!

THANK YOU so much to this wonderful, wonderful forum....full of friendly, cheeky :D and very helpful people....special mention to the admin...@joe, @Iain and to all my fellow members here....

start of another chapter when my daughter arrives...:rolleyes:

joebloggs
15th April 2010, 07:05
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

great news, about time to, more than a year wait, pitty you can sue them for that lost year :NoNo:

well its time to :Jump::xxparty-smiley-050::603785:

KeithD
15th April 2010, 08:27
:Jump::Jump::Jump:

Whatever you do, make sure she doesn't bring any dried fish over :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry: :D

vbkelly
15th April 2010, 10:30
:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy: finally!!!

my daughter just left the embassy and she finally got the visa.... :Jump::heartshape1:....few more steps....cfo seminar, travel clearance, plane ticket and she will be here soon...thanks God!!!

THANK YOU so much to this wonderful, wonderful forum....full of friendly, cheeky :D and very helpful people....special mention to the admin...@joe, @Iain and to all my fellow members here....

start of another chapter when my daughter arrives...:rolleyes:

wow congratz

Arthur Little
15th April 2010, 11:56
thank you Arthur....i hope it's all good tomw...its like you're almost there, its in front of you but you still cant touch it....:NoNo:

... You're THERE now ... it's TANGIBLE! Congratulations to your daughter ... she'll soon be HERE! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
15th April 2010, 12:08
Hi jbt!! I've been reading your threads here as am lodging my app together with my daughter soon..quite scary but seeing how happy you are now makes me build a little confidence inside me:)

jbt
15th April 2010, 13:35
Thank you, thank you everyone....so grateful to this site and all of you...

:icon_lol: Boss Keith, i've already requested my daughter to bring at least one of each...shrimp paste, anchovies and fish paste.....:Rasp: