PDA

View Full Version : Moneygram

scottishbride
15th April 2010, 20:18
Did anyone try moneygram here sending remittance? Just want to know...

maria_and_matt
15th April 2010, 20:21
i tried it in our local post office, but sometimes when theis system is down you cant send money. i still prefer sending money via PNB it gets there in minutes as well

pennybarry
15th April 2010, 20:26
Did anyone try moneygram here sending remittance? Just want to know...

I tried it when I first arrived here. The rate is low, the fee is too high and my benificiary said, it takes ages to get the money in the bank because of queue.
Then I searched the web and found Iremit and xoom. I tried to compute sending xoom against Iremit and found that Iremit has better rate. That was according to my computation.:D

Sim11UK
15th April 2010, 21:53
Yes Moneygram is too expensive, same sort of rates as Western Union.
It might be okay for emergencies, but not good in the longterm. :)

JJC
20th May 2010, 16:50
PNB or western union, There are more western unions around, but a little expensive. Moneygram, a bit slow and I see them in alot of post offices - what a wait!!!

stevewool
20th May 2010, 17:02
hi there i have just sent £1000 to the phils by Kanoo they charged £5 sent it friday and got there yesterday i am very pleased with the service so helpful they was hope this helps

Steve.r
20th May 2010, 18:18
While i was in Phils I opened a PNB account with my Mahal. When I got home I called up the PNB in London who sent me a remitter form which I filled out and sent back (also copy of my passport signed by my accountant)
It cost £6 to send I think up to £10,000 (i think) All I have to do is call up, give them my card details and whoooosh!! it is done in minutes.
Maybe going from PNB to a different bank in Phils might be slower, but PNB to PNB is instant.

Steve

IainBusby
20th May 2010, 19:14
While i was in Phils I opened a PNB account with my Mahal. When I got home I called up the PNB in London who sent me a remitter form which I filled out and sent back (also copy of my passport signed by my accountant)
It cost £6 to send I think up to £10,000 (i think) All I have to do is call up, give them my card details and whoooosh!! it is done in minutes.
Maybe going from PNB to a different bank in Phils might be slower, but PNB to PNB is instant.

Steve

That's just what I done. the missus had a different bank account at the time in phils and the only downside was the minimum balance of P5000 required for the new PNB account, but I think it was well worth it because with PNB to PNB it's just so fast, simple and secure.