PDA

View Full Version : about dna test

Ana_may365
21st April 2010, 16:39
HELP PLSSSSS....
are there anybody here has a problem about dna test?
coz our friend has a problem about this.is any body knows about the ponderosa hotel in angeles that does the dna test?is it accept by the british embassy in manila/taquig?coz somebody told them that they need used only the st.lukes hospital but it cause a lot of money.

September
21st April 2010, 17:28
Yes, Ana the only legal hosp is St Lukes, I'm afraid..and would you mind to share that case to us...if you dont fell to share thats fine:)

GaryFifer
23rd April 2010, 18:11
i was need to know this too. let me know what happens, as I was going to send DNA test in mail.

johncar54
24th April 2010, 10:22
i was need to know this too. let me know what happens, as I was going to send DNA test in mail.

From a logical point of view, how can anyone confirm that the sample was taken from a particular person if sent by mail?

If I wanted to 'prove' my gf's baby was mine, and I knew it was not, then all I would need to do is take sample from another child of mine and send that, claiming it was from the gf's baby !

sars_notd_virus
24th April 2010, 11:24
HELP PLSSSSS....
are there anybody here has a problem about dna test?

hope this helps:
http://ph.88db.com/Health-and-Medical/Medical-Supplies-Equipment/ad-431718/

johncar54
24th April 2010, 12:32
hope this helps:
http://ph.88db.com/Health-and-Medical/Medical-Supplies-Equipment/ad-431718/

I don't think helps as what was being asked was 'What is required by UK consulate?'

September said only a result from St Luke's is accepted

sars_notd_virus
24th April 2010, 13:03
I don't think helps as what was being asked was 'What is required by UK consulate?'

September said only a result from St Luke's is accepted

oh yeah if that's what u think so:rolleyes:

GaryFifer
24th April 2010, 14:39
From a logical point of view, how can anyone confirm that the sample was taken from a particular person if sent by mail?

If I wanted to 'prove' my gf's baby was mine, and I knew it was not, then all I would need to do is take sample from another child of mine and send that, claiming it was from the gf's baby !

Ok I get your point, but I have one baby only. So what is so special about St Lukes. Any one have information about this further?

sars_notd_virus
25th April 2010, 03:02

Being rude to a co-member here doesn't help either:NoNo: we r entitled to our opinions and advice the best we can.

[/QUOTE]September said only a result from St Luke's is accepted[/QUOTE]

It doesn't state here that only St Luke's Hospital is the only accepted ...am sure there will be options:)

Updated 2009

CONSULAR SECTION

British Embassy Manila

120 Upper McKinley Road, McKinley Hill, Taguig City 1634

Tel: +63 2 858 2200 / Fax: +63 2 858 2342

Updated: January 2009

Email: CONS-Manila@fco.gov.uk / Website: http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk

CONSULAR BIRTH REGISTRATIONS

A Consular Birth Registration is not a legal requirement, but it is recommended.

Births outside the Philippines will need to be forwarded to the relevant British Embassy post for registering.

The advantages are that

o A British style birth certificate is available as evidence of British nationality
o A record of the birth will afterwards be held in the General Registry Office in the United Kingdom. Further copies can be obtained from the General Registry Office

Procedures and requirements:

o Applicants born in the Philippines, on/after 01 July 2006 (See ANNEX A)
o Applicants born in the Philippines, before 01 July 2006 to unmarried parents who subsequently marry (See ANNEX B)
o Applicants born in the Philippines, before 01 July 2006 to unmarried parents, where the father is a British citizen, and are still unmarried (See ANNEX C)

Please note that additional documents may be required while the application is being processed.

Useful Contacts:

(For Philippine Birth, Marriage & other civil registry document)

National Statistics Office

Civil Registration Department

Vibal Building, EDSA

Quezon City 1104

Hotline: +632 737 1111

Email: e-census.info@mail.census.gov.ph
(For enquiries about UK birth, death, marriage and civil partnership)

Consular Directorate

Foreign and Commonwealth Office

Room G38, Old Admiralty Building

London SW1A 2PA

Tel: +0044 207 008 0186

Email: bmdenquiries@fco.gov.uk

(Requests for duplicate of naturalisation certificate)

Nationality Enquiries Team

Immigration and Nationality Directorate

Home Office

PO Box 306

Liverpool

L69 2UX

ANNEX A

* For applicants born on/after 1st July 2006 to parents who are married/unmarried, where the British citizen father is named on the local birth certificate within a year of the child’s birth, and the mother is NOT married to someone else.

COMPULSORY DOCUMENTS

(Please present ORIGINAL documents and photocopies of each document)

o Birth Certificate on NSO (National Statistics Office) Security paper
o Parents’ birth certificates

British parent: submit full/long UK birth certificate or Birth Registration/Naturalisation certificate

Philippine born parent: submit NSO birth certificate

o If applicable, parents’ marriage certificate – submit NSO marriage certificate if married in the Philippines and evidence of termination of any previous marriage (divorce decree nisi, annulment)
o Submit CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage Record) for Philippine citizen parent if not married to the British parent of the applicant
o If parents are not married, mother’s written consent to the issuance of a passport to her child
o If applicable, father’s/mother’s death certificate
o Birth certificates of all other brothers and sisters (applicant’s siblings), if applicable
o Both parents’ passports from around the time of applicant’s birth
o Current or previous passports held by applicant including any passport s/he was included on and/or used to travel to the Philippines, if applicable

ADDITIONAL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS

o Mother’s antenatal/postnatal/delivery notes, scans and ultrasounds from hospital. If unable to obtain original records, please submit copies, which have been attested by the hospital.
o School records from Nursery to University, as applicable
o Local photo identity documents e.g. voter’s card , driving license, bank cards, etc
o Applicant’s life photographs (ideally not digitised photos), to include
o Photographs as a baby with parents in the UK (if applicable)
o Photographs on return to the country (where application is being made)
o Photographs of applicant growing up in the UK/country where making the application; with parents and siblings
o If married, wedding photos
o Parents’ UK documents (one year before and up to two years after applicant’s birth)
o Documents with regards to applicant’s change of name
o Sworn affidavit, deed poll and newspaper cutting with regards to change of name (including adding or dropping names);
o Marriage certificate and wedding photographs, if name change is through marriage
o Complete a Consular Birth Registration form

Fees to be paid : Fee 33 – Registering a birth

Fee 35 – Providing a copy of an entry in the Consular register of births

If you are unable to provide some of the documents mentioned above or if there are any doubts regarding the application, you may be required to attend an interview and/or require you to do a D.N.A. test to prove the relationship between parents and applicant (child).

ANNEX B

* For applicants born before 1st July 2006 to unmarried parents, whose claim to British nationality is through the father only and whose parents subsequently marry after the child’s birth:

COMPULSORY DOCUMENTS

British parent: submit full/long UK birth certificate or Birth Registration/Naturalisation certificate

o If applicable, parents’ marriage certificate – submit NSO marriage certificate if married in the Philippines and evidence of termination of any previous marriage (divorce decree nisi, annulment)
o Birth certificates of all other brothers and sisters (applicant’s siblings), if applicable
o Current or previous passports held by applicant including any passport s/he was included on and/or used to travel to the Philippines, if applicable

o Mother’s antenatal/postnatal/delivery notes, scans and ultrasounds from hospital. If unable to obtain original records, please submit copies, which have been attested by the hospital.
o Photographs of applicant growing up in the UK/country where making the application; with parents and siblings
o Parents’ UK documents (one year before and up to two years after applicant’s birth)
o Sworn affidavit, deed poll and newspaper cutting with regards to change of name (including adding or dropping names);
o Marriage certificate and wedding photographs, if name change is through marriage
o Complete a Consular Birth Registration form
o Both parents must sign declarations of paternity (mother/father) in front of a Consular officer
o The father must complete a domicile questionnaire

The purpose of this is to establish whether the father has retained a domicile in the UK (this basically means close connections in the UK) and can therefore benefit from the provisions of British nationality law. We will send the completed domicile questionnaire and documentation our Desk Officer in the Nationality and Consular Registration Section in London. Those applying should expect to receive a decision in approximately 8 weeks.

Fees to be paid : Fee 33 – Registering a birth

Fee 35 – Providing a copy of an entry in the Consular register of births

If you are unable to provide some of the documents mentioned above or if there are any doubts regarding the application, you may be required to attend an interview and/or require you to do a D.N.A. test to prove the relationship between parents and applicant (child).

ANNEX C

* For applicants born before 1st July 2006, who are under 18 years old, to a British father (born in the UK) and parents were NOT married at the time the children was born, and are still not married. This application will be forwarded to the Home Office for decision. This would take 4-6 months to process but timings cannot be guaranteed.

COMPULSORY DOCUMENTS

o Submit CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage Record) for Philippine citizen parent
o Current or previous passports held by applicant including any passport s/he was included on and/or used to travel to the Philippines, if applicabl

o Complete the MN1 form (MN1 guide)
o Both parents must sign declarations of paternity (mother/father) in front of a Consular officer
o Mother’s written consent to the registration

Fees to be paid: Fee 5 – Supplying witness (Father’s declaration)

Fee 5 – Supplying witness (Mother’s declaration)

Fee 39 – Forwarding an application for registration to the Home Office

Home Office Registration Fee

(Peso equivalent computed at the FCO Consular exchange rate for the month)

(Back to contents)

johncar54
25th April 2010, 07:08
http://ph.88db.com/Health-and-Medica...ent/ad-431718/Order a free DNA kit now and take your own samples at home quickly and painlessly. Send the samples back to us for analysis. results within 2-3 weeks

Sars, I am sorry you misunderstood me.

I was not being rude but as the URL you supplied referred to postal tests, I was pointing out that such tests would, almost certainly, not be accepted by UK consulate as they could so easily be manipulated.

Rather like someone sending fingerprints in the post to get a certificate to confirm who they are.

Unless the test proves the continuity of the chain (who the sample came from) it would prove nothing. That is why when in UK one applies for a passport, in UK at least, someone needs to certify that the photo is a good likeness of the applicant and that the details are believed to be correct.

sars_notd_virus
25th April 2010, 07:34
ok no problem john

sars_notd_virus
25th April 2010, 07:42
For Ana_365 and Garyfifer:

here's the website:
http://www.nsri.upd.edu.ph/

http://www.dnaforensic.org/

research labs, such as the National Science Research Institute in UP Diliman, offer DNA testing services (forensics, paternity cases etc).

i have no idea abt how much it would cost, it depends on what you want to have done.

it can take a week at least, depending on the test. testing is done by comparing specific segments in your DNA that either correlate to parentage or identity.

joebloggs
25th April 2010, 09:21
http://ph.88db.com/Health-and-Medica...ent/ad-431718/Order a free DNA kit now and take your own samples at home quickly and painlessly. Send the samples back to us for analysis. results within 2-3 weeks

Sars, I am sorry you misunderstood me.

I was not being rude but as the URL you supplied referred to postal tests, I was pointing out that such tests would, almost certainly, not be accepted by UK consulate as they could so easily be manipulated.

Rather like someone sending fingerprints in the post to get a certificate to confirm who they are.

Unless the test proves the continuity of the chain (who the sample came from) it would prove nothing. That is why when in UK one applies for a passport, in UK at least, someone needs to certify that the photo is a good likeness of the applicant and that the details are believed to be correct.

John what you say is true, but a postal test will still prove whether your the childs father or not, the result may not be accepted by the embassy, but i'm sure the result would be good enough for most people to accept, without having to go to the phils or paying for a more expensive test..

Ping
25th April 2010, 12:03
Hello Penny

johncar54
25th April 2010, 12:04
John what you say is true, but a postal test will still prove whether your the childs father or not, the result may not be accepted by the embassy, but i'm sure the result would be good enough for most people to accept, without having to go to the phils or paying for a more expensive test..

Joe, this post posed a question about what will the British Consulate accept.

Thus I was answering that question. Sorry to pedantic.

If one just wants to know for a private reason, then its up to that person to decide who's word they can accept; whether a particular lab is trustworthy and competent, and what they are hoping to establish.

If a couple just want to know who the parents are, i.e the father or maybe to ensure there was no mix up in the hospital with the babies, then providing the interested parties are present when the samples are taken and sealed and posted, I would assume that would be sufficient.

But as I said, this was a specific question about what the Consulate would accept.

Although I could not say what that would be for certain (although September did say only St Lukes) I was reasonably confident that, for the reasons I explained, a postal test would be insufficient as it would be too easy to fiddle it.

joebloggs
25th April 2010, 12:33
i understand that:xxgrinning--00xx3:, but say, gary wants to know if the child is his or not, sure if your going to try and use the result as evidence for gaining a visa it will have to be done in a controlled environment and by a reputable company, but if he wants to put his mind at rest, i'm sure a reputable postal one will do for now..

johncar54
25th April 2010, 13:19
i understand that:xxgrinning--00xx3:, but say, gary wants to know if the child is his or not, sure if your going to try and use the result as evidence for gaining a visa it will have to be done in a controlled environment and by a reputable company, but if he wants to put his mind at rest, i'm sure a reputable postal one will do for now..

Sorry but that is what I said:-

If a couple just want to know who the parents are, ........................ ........... I would assume that would be sufficient.

GaryFifer
25th April 2010, 15:20
Sorry but that is what I said:-

If a couple just want to know who the parents are, ........................ ........... I would assume that would be sufficient.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:So in conclusion there is a postal peace kit and a Legal way of doing it. The legal way must be done through proper sealed envelopes and independant witnesses. I assume you pay more because of the red tape and fee of the doctor.

Keith passed this one on to me.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
http://www.easydna.ie/paternity-test.html

johncar54
25th April 2010, 15:46
:xxgrinning--00xx3:So in conclusion there is a postal peace kit and a Legal way of doing it. The legal way must be done through proper sealed envelopes and independant witnesses. I assume you pay more because of the red tape and fee of the doctor.

Sorry what I said has been confused by other posts.

I was trying to explain why any method, other than a Laboratory approved by the British Consulate doing it, directly by taking the samples from the baby, and the believed mother and father, could be faked and thus probably not acceptable.

This just a suggestion of what, say I might do, if I needed to dupe someone into believing that a baby was mine, when it was not. If I had a child by a former partner, I could take a DNA sample from that child, another from me and yet another from my former partner and real mother. Thus the result would show the named parents were the parents of the child. If I lied and said the samples were from the baby of my new partner and me, it would APPEAR that I was the father of the baby of my girlfriend even though it was not true.)

Another possible if I wanted to 'prove' a child was mine when it was not, would be to submit samples of the baby, the mother and the real father, and to say that last one was my sample.

It is for this type of reason that a postal test would not mean anything as it could be so easily falsified.

I hope I have not muddied the waters even further. If I have, just read my first post here and ignore everything else I have said and what those commenting on my posts have said.

Whew !!!!!

Ana_may365
25th April 2010, 20:38
sorry about late reply coz im very busy doin' cooking and planting:D:D:D
what happened was our friend has a gf in phils.then she become pregnant of course the dad is our friend:Dand when our friend back here in england his gf back to her province.she give birth to her baby girl [by komadrona]to thier house coz its too late to goin to hospital and besides the hospital are very far from the barrio w/c they live.
they are married now and the baby is 8 months already,she has a b.cert and baptismal under the surename of our friends.
our friends problem are:
the hospital that need the dna test[st lukes]is very expensive
and the other hospital w/c they forget to mention to me the name.
so now,our friends mrs.find out about this ponderosa hotel in angeles city doin the dna test also and the best is it is not expensive like the 2 hospital in Q.C.
so they want to know if this ponderosa hotel[w/c is the owner is english man also]has the right or the british embassy acknowledge thier dna testing?

johncar54
26th April 2010, 06:55
Ana_May.

I am confused.

Can you clarify please?

A baby with a Filipino mother and a British father, born in Philippines. Is that right?

Does the birth certificate show that ?

If so, why is a DNA test needed ?

joebloggs
26th April 2010, 08:17

one reason, the embassy might have concerns if he is the father (dates in his passports)

Ana_may365
26th April 2010, 15:28
Ana_May.

I am confused.

Can you clarify please?

A baby with a Filipino mother and a British father, born in Philippines. Is that right?

Does the birth certificate show that ?

aye! a mother is a pilipino/father is a british.yes it shows to her b.cert that the father is a british.need the dna test coz the baby was NOT born in the hospital and also the consular in angeles is the one who tell them that they need a dna test coz that is the new rules of british embassy in mla.

johncar54
26th April 2010, 15:37
aye! a mother is a pilipino/father is a british.yes it shows to her b.cert that the father is a british.need the dna test coz the baby was NOT born in the hospital and also the consular in angeles is the one who tell them that they need a dna test coz that is the new rules of british embassy in mla.

May I suggest, that as it was the consulate in Angeles who said the DNA rest was required, that they ask there where the test must be done to be accepted?

Ana_may365
26th April 2010, 15:39
one reason, the embassy might have concerns if he is the father (dates in his passports)

hiya mod,much better our friend jimmy is the one who explain all the details.can u ring him in his mobile no.07970366925 if u dont mind.thanks:Hellooo:

GaryFifer
26th April 2010, 23:40
hiya mod,much better our friend jimmy is the one who explain all the details.can u ring him in his mobile no.07970366925 if u dont mind.thanks:Hellooo:

I spoke to Douglas Paterson there he is very helpful contact

18-6 Concepcion Drive, Villa Teresa, Angeles City, Pampanga 2009, Philippines
Telephone: 63 45 323 4187
Fax: 63 45 323 4187
E-mail: dougalp@comclark.com
Proprietor: British Embassy in the Philippines