PDA

View Full Version : What is a commitment to you and when do u say you r committed in a relationship??

sars_notd_virus
27th April 2010, 06:19
..in this crazy world we live in today .. when does commitment really starts and do we really know what it means??

HopeUK
27th April 2010, 06:37
Hey, if you're looking for a real headache.. sorry, some musings on the matter of love and committment (and if the moderators don't mind a slight diversion.. :rolleyes:) have a look at my blog on:

http://gavin-lifeintheshell.blogspot.com

I've given these matters quite a bit of thought lately.. so much thought in fact that I didn't really consider it a wise move to cut and paste them into here!

triple5
27th April 2010, 08:13
commitment means different things to different people. Difficult to define really :Erm:

sars_notd_virus
27th April 2010, 09:38
yes:got 65 views and only 2replies

mickcant
27th April 2010, 09:53
..in this crazy world we live in today .. when does commitment really starts and do we really know what it means??

Hello :Wave:

I was commited soon after meeting my wife in person, in fact I was too commited as she used me only for money, we are now in the oprocess of divorce.:ReadIt:

Mick.:Brick:

South-east boy
27th April 2010, 10:02
For me it's when you want a relationship with that person/agree that you are in a relationship with them and want to know them even more. Also that you decide that you are only interested in them and off the market as far as other members of the opposite sex are concerned.

KeithD
27th April 2010, 10:13
Commitment is different to different people, even in a marriage you'll find that both parties give a different explanation.

Wife: I give my heart and soul to my hubby. :heartshape1:
Hubby: I may miss the odd match on a Saturday to take her shopping. :xxsmilie_fussball:

sars_notd_virus
27th April 2010, 10:33
Hello :Wave:

I was commited soon after meeting my wife in person, in fact I was too commited as she used me only for money, we are now in the oprocess of divorce.:ReadIt:

Mick.:Brick:

Hi mick
yeah i've read most of your thread and i have to agree with u really into deep commitment to your wife and more than so but your wife is not even into 'a pre-commitment' made me :angry: but glad u woke up mick so goodluck my friend:)

sars_notd_virus
27th April 2010, 10:39
For me it's when you want a relationship with that person/agree that you are in a relationship with them and want to know them even more. Also that you decide that you are only interested in them and off the market as far as other members of the opposite sex are concerned.

In other words... both person is conscious and aware that both of them are into a relationship and in commitment?

GaryFifer
27th April 2010, 10:53

When does it start? When the 2 people actually agree on something and work towards a common goal :ReadIt::do_it::xxgrinning--00xx3:

I always find the word commit a bit strange in this context. After all if one is commited, he is commited to murder. Always hear that in the police drama. So its an old fashioned word.

How about pledge? But that sounds like polish :)

sars_notd_virus
27th April 2010, 11:00
Hubby: I may miss the odd match on a Saturday to take her shopping. :xxsmilie_fussball:

yes boss ... to miss the odd match and take your wife shopping is commitment...but the wife to give up her shopping to go to a match ,,that's just asking too much:rolleyes::D

somebody
27th April 2010, 13:37
yes boss ... to miss the odd match and take your wife shopping is commitment...but the wife to give up her shopping to go to a match ,,that's just asking too much:rolleyes::D

I dont know I managed to get the missus to a football match when shops were open..

Ok via a Fillpino Buffet in Earls court and quick shifty round regent/bond street but it can happen. She was delighted she could go shopping at the football and now has half the family kitted out in Spurs outifts:D

I think its when you both start to realise the big scarfices you make without even thinking about them or needing to justify.

liane
27th April 2010, 15:07
Commitment for me is willingly give my time, talents, thoughts, efforts, and trust. It is also keeping promises and a pledge of loyalty and faithfulness with someone.

I can say I am committed in a relationship when I want to share all my sentiments, dreams, hopes, worries and my entire life. I am ready to compromise, sacrifice, and fight for our relationship.

I believe in our relationship to stand by it through the worst of times and to have faith in our strength as a couple and to never give up. I :luv13: HIM THAT MUCH to spend the rest of my life and never want to leave him or live without him :love2: :heartshape1:

fred
27th April 2010, 15:57
My commitment is to make love to them until Ive had enough!! Getting older now so dont read too much into that!

KeithD
27th April 2010, 16:29
My commitment is to make love to them until Ive had enough!! Getting older now so dont read too much into that!
:Funny_post:

South-east boy
27th April 2010, 17:05
In other words... both person is conscious and aware that both of them are into a relationship and in commitment?

Yep, but sadly I've never had anyone want to properly commit to me. :bigcry:

pacificelectric
27th April 2010, 18:47
Yep, but sadly I've never had anyone want to properly commit to me. :bigcry:

Be a winner, not a whiner! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

somebody
27th April 2010, 19:17
Be a winner, not a whiner! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Word:xxgrinning--00xx3:

aryM
28th April 2010, 10:40
"When you realise you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible".

sars_notd_virus
28th April 2010, 11:47
When does it start? When the 2 people actually agree on something and work towards a common goal :ReadIt::do_it::xxgrinning--00xx3:

true enuff working as a team :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I dont know I managed to get the missus to a football match when shops were open..
She was delighted she could go shopping at the football and now has half the family kitted out in Spurs outifts:D

Lucky wife

Commitment for me is willingly give my time, talents, thoughts, efforts, and trust. It is also keeping promises and a pledge of loyalty and faithfulness with someone.

Commitment,promise,pledge not much a difference ...the general consensus is that when u make a pledge/promise u r making a commitment

:yikes::shemademe::Bolt:

sars_notd_virus
28th April 2010, 11:50
"When you realise you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible".

Hello Rayna

raynaputi
28th April 2010, 11:59

Hello Rayna

Hahahaha! EXACTLY! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

keithAngel
4th May 2010, 18:36
I realised my commitment when I offered to buy Jhean an iron :78718:

Then she blew me away by perfectly ironing my shorts with my zippo lighter (I dont normaly lend it to anyone)in less than 30 minuits what a woman :icon_sorry:

We are looking forward to spending the rest of our lives together and its already started :xxgrinning--00xx3:

When I asked her what she wanted she said "somewhere quiet to live and rice three times a day and a snack" and ive promised her I will always make it my first priority in life :Jump:

sars_notd_virus
8th May 2010, 01:21
my first priority in life

i agree....good answer:xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
8th May 2010, 08:01
I give my heart, body and soul to my husband.

My heart if boyfriend.

But not my rights and freedom.:icon_lol:

sars_notd_virus
8th May 2010, 09:21
But not my rights and freedom.:icon_lol:

Girl Power!!:icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3: