PDA

View Full Version : finally got visa!......inquiry

kittenhug
27th April 2010, 12:10
Just wanna share my happiness to everyone! they finally granted me a visa in 8 days wwwhhhoooooaaaahhhh! :REDancedancer08:

Hope to hear good news to those who applied for their visa as well. ;)

I'm just wondering, they granted me a visa 21/04/10, it'l expire on 21/07/12, if im planning to book my flight this coming July, will it not affect my ILR application before my visa expires? :Erm::idea:

scott&ligaya
27th April 2010, 12:16
I believe the 27 months change from 24 months was to allow time for spouses to sort out their affairs/jobs/family goodbyes/tickets etc so you should definitely tgry to fly sooner or you will have no time left for your ILR application

kittenhug
27th April 2010, 12:21
I believe the 27 months change from 24 months was to allow time for spouses to sort out their affairs/jobs/family goodbyes/tickets etc so you should definitely tgry to fly sooner or you will have no time left for your ILR application

tnx for the quick reply! i dnt get it. how many months should i stay in the uk before i can apply for ILR, ive red a thread before, they said its 23 months??? can i apply ILR later than 2 years? or at least after a year of my stay in the uk so i we can visit my family here anytime we want?

somebody
27th April 2010, 13:00
Congrats on getting your Visa and looks like your Questions has been answered:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
27th April 2010, 13:20
tnx for the quick reply! i dnt get it. how many months should i stay in the uk before i can apply for ILR, ive red a thread before, they said its 23 months??? can i apply ILR later than 2 years? or at least after a year of my stay in the uk so i we can visit my family here anytime we want?

you can apply for ILR (thats if they dont change immigration laws which effect this in july 2011) upto 28 days before you've been in the UK 2yrs !!

you can go back to the phils anytime you want, but try not to spend more than 90 days out of the uk each yr. thou you could spend longer, but the longer your out the chances of refusal increase, as the UK is suppose to be your home :doh

you have to apply for ILR or FLR before your current visa expires..

marlyn&kenny
27th April 2010, 13:22
Wow! amazing! u got ur visa in just 8 days? hope and pray we will have the same luck like yours! Good luck to others too!

liane
27th April 2010, 15:25
Congratulations :xxgrinning--00xx3:

kittenhug
27th April 2010, 15:59
Wow! amazing! u got ur visa in just 8 days? hope and pray we will have the same luck like yours! Good luck to others too!

thanks! i know ul get it. keep us updated on ur visa application.

cheers!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

kittenhug
27th April 2010, 16:05
you can apply for ILR (thats if they dont change immigration laws which effect this in july 2011) upto 28 days before you've been in the UK 2yrs !!

you can go back to the phils anytime you want, but try not to spend more than 90 days out of the uk each yr. thou you could spend longer, but the longer your out the chances of refusal increase, as the UK is suppose to be your home :doh

you have to apply for ILR or FLR before your current visa expires..

thanks joe! that's a good news! i can go back in my country anytime i want! :Jump:

if i stay here in PH til 15th of July, will it still be alright or will it be counted to the 90 days allowed holiday?

EllieOrmoc
27th April 2010, 17:19
Just wanna share my happiness to everyone! they finally granted me a visa in 8 days wwwhhhoooooaaaahhhh! :REDancedancer08:

Hope to hear good news to those who applied for their visa as well. ;)

I'm just wondering, they granted me a visa 21/04/10, it'l expire on 21/07/12, if im planning to book my flight this coming July, will it not affect my ILR application before my visa expires? :Erm::idea:

Congrats, i know how you feel, i'm excited too, today i had my text saying my documents are now being couriered back to me, i had my visa application last wednesday april 21, so mine has been approved (hopefully) in 4 working days, can i ask, how long after the 'Processed' text did you get your documents/passport back? I guess it depends where you live in the Philippines, i am in Leyte, just over from Cebu.

kittenhug
27th April 2010, 17:23
Congrats, i know how you feel, i'm excited too, today i had my text saying my documents are now being couriered back to me, i had my visa application last wednesday april 21, so mine has been approved (hopefully) in 4 working days, can i ask, how long after the 'Processed' text did you get your documents/passport back? I guess it depends where you live in the Philippines, i am in Leyte, just over from Cebu.

1 day.you will get it tomorrow. congrats in advance! yeah, ive red ur thread and u went straight to the brit emb to lodge ur application.

joebloggs
27th April 2010, 18:42
thanks joe! that's a good news! i can go back in my country anytime i want! :Jump:

if i stay here in PH til 15th of July, will it still be alright or will it be counted to the 90 days allowed holiday?

check your visa, if its valid for 27 months, then you've no problems staying til mid july.

there is no set maximum number of days you need to be in the UK to get ILR, but as i said b4 the UK is suppose to be your home, but many people have used 90 days as a guide for how many days you can be out of the UK. and i think they haven't had a problem getting ILR using that figure..

as for staying in the phils til july 15, the sooner you come to the uk, the sooner you can apply for ILR, because you can apply for ILR 23 months after you first entered the uk and not before..

kittenhug
27th April 2010, 19:11
many thanks joe! my visa is 27 months. is there a way that i could apply for the ILR in less than 23 months?

joebloggs
27th April 2010, 19:16
many thanks joe! my visa is 27 months. is there a way that i could apply for the ILR in less than 23 months?

no, you can only apply for ILR if you have a spouse visa, upto 28 days before you been in the UK 2yrs.

any sooner they will probably refuse your visa app and keep the money.

kittenhug
27th April 2010, 20:10
orite. still got 1 more Q though, what am i gunna do with that xray thing before i depart?

joebloggs
27th April 2010, 20:19
orite. still got 1 more Q though, what am i gunna do with that xray thing before i depart?

thats up to you

get an x-ray done in the phils and bring it with you..

or if you don't, when you land in the UK.

you will be asked to go for an x-ray inside the airport or you will get a letter wks after you land in the uk, asking you to attend a clinic to have an x-ray taken..

kittenhug
27th April 2010, 20:45
thanks a lot for patiently answering all my Qs. il just get it done here then, it doesnt matter which clinic here il go to to get it done, does it?

justchecking
28th April 2010, 09:31
Congratulations to you both Kittenhug and Ellieormoc - they are getting fast at the visa processing nowadays - all good!!

Enjoy your time with your family, you'll be arriving at a great time of year too...

kittenhug
28th April 2010, 10:41
Congratulations to you both Kittenhug and Ellieormoc - they are getting fast at the visa processing nowadays - all good!!

Enjoy your time with your family, you'll be arriving at a great time of year too...

thanks! great time of the year? y though?

sars_notd_virus
28th April 2010, 11:07
Congratulations!!

IainBusby
28th April 2010, 11:55
thanks! great time of the year? y though?

Because although you might still think it's cold when you get here, if you'd arrived February or even in March you would have found really cold compared to what your used to.
Iain.

kittenhug
28th April 2010, 17:07
Because although you might still think it's cold when you get here, if you'd arrived February or even in March you would have found really cold compared to what your used to.
Iain.

is that so? im planning to have my :airplane: in July so hope it won't be that cold then. :NoNo:

kittenhug
28th April 2010, 17:09
thanks everyone! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

malditako
29th April 2010, 04:19
congratulation :)

kittenhug
29th April 2010, 05:01
congratulation :)

thanks! have you booked your flight yet?