PDA

View Full Version : Young Mum needs advise please..

Dee31
28th April 2010, 10:27
Hello Everyone.

I just need an advise please for a friend of mine.

Her name is Joy. She is 22yo and a mother of two beautiful kids, aged 3 and 1. She is at the moment confused at her situation and what is best for her children. Her story started when she visited UK and met an englishman and fell in love. They got married in the Philippines and after she gave birth to her eldest. She went to uk on a spouse visa. The couple lived on her Aunt House, as she got a spare room. But after she gave birth to her second child, her husband decided for them to leave UK, as he thinks they can lived comfortably in the Philippines. With no job, Joy encouraged her husband to work in a call centre, while she takes care of the kids. Last December her spouse visa expired. And her problem started when her husband is seeing someone else. To make the story short, He lives with another girl and has stop supporting her kids.

She now wants to come in the UK with her kids, so she can work and support her children. But She does not know how she can go about it and what she needs to do. Should she apply for resettlement visa? Her husband has opposed to her idea of coming back to UK, and will not support her and the kids. Her daughter will turn 4 this July, and will need to start school. Her kids both have british passport. But is there any chances that she can come to UK with her Children, without a consent or support from her husband? Her Aunt can make a room for her and her children again, while she find job. All her friends here are willing to raise funds so she can pay for her visa and tickets. All she wants is to move on and make a good future for her kids. Please any advise is appreciated.

KeithD
28th April 2010, 11:57
Her husband has opposed to her idea of coming back to UK, and will not support her and the kids.
I'm not surprised as she'll be under UK law then, and if he returns to the UK, he'll have to pay for the kids :D

Dee31
28th April 2010, 12:06
I'm not surprised as she'll be under UK law then, and if he returns to the UK, he'll have to pay for the kids :D

I know boss. He have kids on his first marraige. And thus the reason why he decided to take his family to Philippines. To avoid paying child support. Now, poor Joy, she has two kids with him, and does not want to support her and the kids anymore. Is there a chance that she can come back to UK? Obviously her marraige did not work out. But hopefully the embassy will grant her visa to stay in UK for the sake of her Children?

joebloggs
28th April 2010, 13:22
only 22yrs old with 2kids and the fathers run off :cwm24:

i take it she didnt get ILR ? she only got a spouse visa ?

I dont think the embassy are going to give her a visa, why should they? and what visa ? :NoNo:

her visa has expired, shes not in the UK, and it looks like her marriage is over :NoNo:

as she knows her kids can come to the UK but she can't :NoNo:

i dont think there is much she can do, maybe if her aunt looked after her 2 kids, and she applied for a right to access them, not sure if thats even possible...

seek professional advice..

Dee31
28th April 2010, 15:20
only 22yrs old with 2kids and the fathers run off :cwm24:

i take it she didnt get ILR ? she only got a spouse visa ?

I dont think the embassy are going to give her a visa, why should they? and what visa ? :NoNo:

her visa has expired, shes not in the UK, and it looks like her marriage is over :NoNo:

as she knows her kids can come to the UK but she can't :NoNo:

i dont think there is much she can do, maybe if her aunt looked after her 2 kids, and she applied for a right to access them, not sure if thats even possible...

seek professional advice..

:NoNo:

At the moment, she is prepared to do anything. But she is financially constraint right now. Life is hard in the Philippines, especially when you have two young kids. And while her strange husband is having the time of his life with another woman. :Brick:

KeithD
28th April 2010, 15:27
:NoNo:

At the moment, she is prepared to do anything. But she is financially constraint right now. Life is hard in the Philippines, especially when you have two young kids. And while her strange husband is having the time of his life with another woman. :Brick:
:Erm: Isn't that an arrestable offence in the Phil?

Dee31
28th April 2010, 15:59
:Erm: Isn't that an arrestable offence in the Phil?

It is Boss Keith. She can file a case of concubinage against her husband. It is a criminal offence. Since they got married in the Philippines, I think she will have a good case against him. If she decided to stay, i reckon that will be her next step!

KeithD
28th April 2010, 16:21
It is Boss Keith. She can file a case of concubinage against her husband. It is a criminal offence. Since they got married in the Philippines, I think she will have a good case against him. If she decided to stay in Philippines, i reckon that will be her next step!
She may as well, teach the lowlife a lesson :D

somebody
28th April 2010, 18:14
It is Boss Keith. She can file a case of concubinage against her husband. It is a criminal offence. Since they got married in the Philippines, I think she will have a good case against him. If she decided to stay in Philippines, i reckon that will be her next step!

It may worth reminding him of the criminal offence and seeing if that gets him to assist her even if its temporarily and also getting divorced which he can do which would possibly help her move on forward..

Dee31
28th April 2010, 20:49
It may worth reminding him of the criminal offence and seeing if that gets him to assist her even if its temporarily and also getting divorced which he can do which would possibly help her move on forward..

Indeed. We came with that idea as well. But the girl couldn't talk to her husband sensibly. It's like whatever he says is final and that's that. We tried to encourage her to stand up against him and fight for what is right. :angry: