PDA

View Full Version : seeking help about UK visa

winx
7th May 2010, 06:04
Hi there,

I just wanted some advice what is the right thing to do between me and my bf. We have continues communication for almost a year. I`m expecting that I can come to UK already this year because I`m applying for the student visa but sad to say I decided to withdraw my application due to the false promises given to me by the agency. Me and my bf did not meet yet in person. SO my question is. What is the best way for us to be together?..What kind of visa we will need to get?..Which is much better he is the one who visit me here or I`m the one who applied for tourist visa?..May I know I know what is the easiest way?...I need your advice guys. Thank you

Sim11UK
7th May 2010, 07:22
Hi winx it really would be better if your bf came to visit you. Infact, it's the only way. You'd never get a tourist visa, as you haven't actually met in person.

I know you were hoping to come here, as a student, so he hasn't been in a rush to visit you, but most of us have made the trip to the Philippines.
Besides anything else, it will be great for him, to see you in your home country & get a feel for the place.

When he does come, tell him to keep all evidence of his trip, like receipts, plane tickets, photos of you together etc. as evidence of your relationship, which you will need later, if you do eventually apply for a visa. Keep all yahoo chatlogs too.

Tell him to join this forum, as well. :)

winx
7th May 2010, 09:07
Thank you for the quick respond Sim, anyway he is planning also to come here but we think what is the best way and easiest way.

Is it hard to get a tourist visa without meeting first in person with my bf?..How long it will take if we decided to have a tourist visa?

aryM
7th May 2010, 11:00
I agree to Sim. It is hard get a tourist visa without meeting him in person. Read this: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visitingtheuk/visitors/eligibility/

joebloggs
7th May 2010, 11:03
your prepared to travel 6000 miles + to see someone you've never met in person :NoNo:

he should visit you first. :rolleyes:

September
7th May 2010, 12:33
y
he should visit you first. :rolleyes:

Thats the best advice, let him meet you first :Hellooo:

winx
7th May 2010, 14:54
Well guys this is just only an option. So if its really hard to get tourist visa, well my bf will come here and visit me. We just need some advice from you. Thank you anyway for all your advices I really appreciate it.

Sim11UK
7th May 2010, 20:00
Well guys this is just only an option. So if its really hard to get tourist visa, well my bf will come here and visit me. We just need some advice from you. Thank you anyway for all your advices I really appreciate it.

Lots of advice here winx, so keep looking in on the forum...When's he coming to visit you? :)

anngrimes78@msn
11th May 2010, 22:35
you can apply for a student visa but it will cost you a lot (approximately £3000) and you need time to process it, that is if you really want to come here regardless of what will happen to you and your boyfriend though if your boyfriend is really serious about you then he should make the effort of going there cause thats the easiest way.. all the best.

KeithD
12th May 2010, 00:22
If you're boyfriend really loves you then he'll get off his :action-smiley-081: and visit you. Traveling 8000 shows you and your family commitment & respect.... It also makes you Visa much easier to obtain. Plus he'll get enough airmiles for a free flight from Manchester to Newcastle :Hellooo:

Arthur Little
12th May 2010, 00:49
:welcomex:, Win. As others have already pointed out, Student Visas CAN be very expensive ... and, in times of economic recession, extremely hard to come by.

In the circumstances, therefore, :iagree: the most logical step would be for your boyfriend to visit YOU in the Philippines, because [as Simon says] it's crucial that you meet in person - spending as much time as possible together - in order to gather sufficient evidence to convince the British Embassy that a genuine relationship exists between the two of you. :xxgrinning--00xx3: