PDA

View Full Version : Any Filipinos in London (Kilburn), Ipswich or High Wycombe?

Eleathegreat
8th May 2010, 19:42
Hello Everyone,
Let me introduce myself first. :)

I'm a Filipina living London, working as an Engineer and married to an Austrian who lives in Frankfurt. How does that work? My husband commutes from Frankfurt to London every week. :)

We are living in London already a year now but never found filipino friends in the community. Why is that so? Well, I live in London but my office is in High Wycombe and I'm in Ipswich 3 days a week and a week a month in Finland. That means, I'm always not in London most of the time. But, most of the weekends I'm home in my flat in Kilburn.

I chose to live in London so I can enjoy the city and all it can offer. :) And I still enjoy it. London rocks! :)

While most of my friends are Irish and English, I never found filipino friends to hang out with. Perhaps this forum would be a channel for that. Anybody near by, Ipswich, High Wycombe or London (Kilburn)? :)

regards,
Elea

maria_and_matt
8th May 2010, 19:56
hi i am from ipswich :)

South-east boy
9th May 2010, 02:09
Wow! You as a couple certainly travel about a lot! Lol!

Eleathegreat
9th May 2010, 08:03
Hello maria_and_matt,
thanks for replying. :) Is there any filipino gatherings in ipswich where i can crash in? Any Fiesta coming up? Is there any Filipino restaurant in ipswich? Im always at the Kwan Thai restaurant (St. Nicholas street) if I'm craving for rice. :)

Hello South-east boy,
Yes, quite complicated but we are working to change this crazy situation soon. :)

rusty
9th May 2010, 08:54
See this quote from a previous thread, the resturants are on Kenway Road.

There is a great restaurant in Earl's Court almost opposite the Tube Station called 'Sunrise', which serves an excellent traditional Filipino Buffet, very good English food and they have real Filipino San Mig and San Mig Light :-)

The area is like the FilipinoTown of London with Filipino Shops, Banks and Restaurants :-) It's easily accessable from all routes with the Tube.

maria_and_matt
9th May 2010, 12:19
Hello maria_and_matt,
thanks for replying. :) Is there any filipino gatherings in ipswich where i can crash in? Any Fiesta coming up? Is there any Filipino restaurant in ipswich? Im always at the Kwan Thai restaurant (St. Nicholas street) if I'm craving for rice. :)

Hello South-east boy,
Yes, quite complicated but we are working to change this crazy situation soon. :)

there is a pinoy resto but its like 45 mins away,lemme know when you're here we can have our own fiesta at home:icon_lol:

Eleathegreat
9th May 2010, 13:08
Hello Maria_and_matt,
Thanks for the invitation. :) I'm usually every Tues, wed and thursdays there. But not this coming week. Perhaps, the week after next. I'm staying either at the Holiday Inn london road or Holiday Inn, orwell. I'll drop you a line when I'm there.

Thanks!

Arthur Little
9th May 2010, 13:25
:welcomex:, Elea ... what a varied and exciting life you have - as Tim [SEB] says - and I'm pleased to see you've already established a Filipina contact in Maria! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

maria_and_matt
9th May 2010, 14:04
Hello Maria_and_matt,
Thanks for the invitation. :) I'm usually every Tues, wed and thursdays there. But not this coming week. Perhaps, the week after next. I'm staying either at the Holiday Inn london road or Holiday Inn, orwell. I'll drop you a line when I'm there.

Thanks!

looking forward to meeting you :)

Eleathegreat
9th May 2010, 15:14
:welcomex:, Elea ... what a varied and exciting life you have - as Tim [SEB] says - and I'm pleased to see you've already established a Filipina contact in Maria! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hello Arthur Little,
Hope it goes well. :) I'm also interested in RickyR's idea of meeting up in London... [from his thread - FilipinoUK Summer Fiesta Lunch - Earl's Court]. Hope this one also will be realised. Have a beer, have a laugh and catch up with the tsismis. :icon_lol: ...

elea

Eleathegreat
12th May 2010, 16:50
Hello maria_and_matt,
I'm currently in ipswich now and will be staying here until mid-day Friday. I'm here also next week. Would you like to meet up? I'm still sorting out how to give you my contact details as I am restricted to send private messages. Let see if the administrator will let me.

I would suggest meeting up in a restaurant where we can eat rice? :) chinese, thai or similar would do if there is no filipino restaurant in the town center.

elea