PDA

View Full Version : Overstay 29days,need help please!

ziyouqihang
9th May 2010, 18:26
so sad,
My spousal visa expired 29days ago and i was wondering what can happen to me for not renewing in time? We were desperately trying to get the money together but the Indefinate leave to remain visa is about 900 pounds . We just didnt have that money as I am not working and my husbands job does not pay overtime anymore.
Today we got enough money Applying for settlement ,but i am worrying about the home office rejecte my application because my spouse visa expired .
Any advice?

ziyouqihang
9th May 2010, 18:26
Many thanks !

joebloggs
9th May 2010, 18:34
you could have applied for FLR which would have cost you £475 by post.

have you passed the life in the uk test ?

KeithD
9th May 2010, 18:47
Erm.... you're now an illegal immigrant and should have contacted the IND rather than just letting it lapse. You could easily have got a loan/overdraft if you'd explained it to the bank. :doh

ziyouqihang
9th May 2010, 18:53
thaks i have passed life in the uk.

darren-b
9th May 2010, 19:09
Erm.... you're now an illegal immigrant and should have contacted the IND rather than just letting it lapse. You could easily have got a loan/overdraft if you'd explained it to the bank. :doh

The UKBA even accepts credit cards.

joebloggs
9th May 2010, 19:11

thaks i have passed life in the uk.

yes you've got yourself a problem now..

either you apply for ILR asap and write a cover letter, explaining things , well what can i say, you knew the expiry date on your visa, and i dont think you saying that you didnt have the money is a good enough excuse, if he cant afford a visa for you, how can he support you ?

but a more acceptable reason would have been something like, if you had thought that your visa expired at the end this month, and in a cover letter you explained it was a genuine mistake you might have had a chance. but they could well refuse your visa and you dont get a refund.

or leave the country and apply for another spouse visa, cost of an air ticket and the cost of a settlement visa is more than the cost of ILR.

i can't tell you what to do, but seek free legal advice from your local law centre..

ziyouqihang
9th May 2010, 19:22
Many thanks your replys !

keithAngel
10th May 2010, 06:05
yes you've got yourself a problem now..

either you apply for ILR asap and write a cover letter, explaining things , well what can i say, you knew the expiry date on your visa, and i dont think you saying that you didnt have the money is a good enough excuse, if he cant afford a visa for you, how can he support you ?

Just a comment there Joe the 900 quid (an exobitant amount of money for a stamp) is the thing that may be making it dificult to support its a very wise person who knows a year ahed what they will be earning next year:xxgrinning--00xx3:

darren-b
10th May 2010, 07:17
Just a comment there Joe the 900 quid (an exobitant amount of money for a stamp) is the thing that may be making it dificult to support its a very wise person who knows a year ahed what they will be earning next year:xxgrinning--00xx3:

It is a lot of money, but you know you are going to have to apply for it and you have 2 years to save up for it.

joebloggs
10th May 2010, 11:07
but one of the conditions of being granted ILR, is that you can support your partner without recourse to public funds, and not been able to afford the visa demonstrates your struggling or can't :NoNo:

like others have said, borrow, beg :icon_sorry:, use your credit card or loan etc to get the money for the visa..

i've probably paid more than most on here in visa fees (more than £4,000) and i got the money by which ever means i had to :rolleyes: (:action-smiley-081: .. :NoNo:) all £4k went on creditcard.. another flexible friend :rolleyes: