PDA

View Full Version : Philippine credit card

sparky
9th May 2010, 20:23
Myrna has been offered a credit card by her bank there- BPI. i suspect its cos there has been a lot of money going into her account in recent months with the wedding /visa and her allowance etc

i have told her to accept it cos it will be handy when booking flights

but just one query- will it be accepted outside the Philippines? is it supported by visa/mastercard?and will she be able to use it when she finally gets her visa granted and comes over here?

Les_lady888
10th May 2010, 07:00
Myrna should verify and confirm from her bank that she will be given an International CC....I believe BPI card is Cirrus affiliate though.

May I suggest too that if she will already have her CC, let her enroll it to online banking so she can always check and monitor her SOA and pay it online wherever she is.

But if she has not applied yet to BPI, I would highly recommend my bank :D ....just pm me and I would be so glad to be of help :)

Eleathegreat
13th May 2010, 12:42
I have a BPI account and it's international. You can ask your local branch to convert your account to international. that should be free and simple.

I can withdraw anywhere in the world with Cirrus. But you need to be careful, they charge for every transaction on the ATM. Last time I check, it was 3 USD per transaction... even when just looking at the balance without to withdraw anything. Plus the exchange rate from Peso is not so good.

For the credit card, it should work. Mine does. I used it for company expenses and I noticed that the exchange rate is also not good. so if you can avoid, dont use it outside the philippines.

and for Philippine domestic flights it's handy... I use it for that too :)

Les_lady888
23rd May 2010, 16:09
If you are using an International card,whether BPI or BDO or whatever bank.....please bear in mind that you will be charged in USD (whatever was the exchange rate at the time of the transaction) whenever you transact to other machine not your bank.

For example, BPI and BDO are both members of Expressnet....so if BDO cardholders can transact to BPI machine but will still be charged (regular rate P11.00) but if BDO cardholders will transact to other machines say, Metrobank atms, then BDO cardholder will be charged with international rate ($1 for inquiry and $3.5 for withdrawals). Same thing applies to BPI cardholders and all other bank account holders but I'm not sure with how much is their service charges tho.

sars_notd_virus
23rd May 2010, 17:01
i have told her to accept it cos it will be handy when booking flights

but just one query- will it be accepted outside the Philippines? is it supported by visa/mastercard?and will she be able to use it when she finally gets her visa granted and comes over here?

yes it is Mastercard sparky:xxgrinning--00xx3:
http://www.bpi.com.ph/

*Blue Mastercard
*Gold Mastercard
*BPI Worldperks Mastercard

http://www.mybpimag.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=191&Itemid=231