PDA

View Full Version : Fingerprint for passport?

devin33
13th May 2010, 15:37
Hi guys,

My wife has to renew her passport. She has lived here for 2 years and we have been married for a year and a half.

Regarding the passport does she really have to go all the way to London just to get her fingerprint taken for this?

We live in Aberdeen so as you can imagine it would be costly and time-consuming.

Thanks
Scott

devin33
14th May 2010, 23:55
Anyone know?

Cheers

devin33
21st May 2010, 12:43
Nobody?

sars_notd_virus
21st May 2010, 13:01
its been answered here...use the search button next time:)

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?24886-New-method-of-renewing-Phil-passport&highlight=uk+passport+renewal

just renewed my wifes passport.

sorry but you must appear at the embassy in london in person bec they need to fingerprint you and check all details with you.

it is an expensive day if you live out of london

regards

john sergison

Sconnie
21st May 2010, 13:02
Is there a filipino barrio fiesta coming up near you ?
Last year at the fiesta in Newcastle there was a "portable Embassy" my wife was able to complete her application form and have fingerprits taken, there was also a photographer there to take pasport photographs (at a price of course) the Embassy staff took the application and her old passport away and we received the new one in a few weeks.

Arthur Little
21st May 2010, 17:54
Hi guys,

My wife has to renew her passport. She has lived here for 2 years and we have been married for a year and a half.

Regarding the passport does she really have to go all the way to London just to get her fingerprint taken for this?

We live in Aberdeen so as you can imagine it would be costly and time-consuming.

Thanks
Scott

:Hellooo:, Scott. I imagine :rolleyes: [though can't be absolutely certain!] the Glasgow Passport Office at 3 Northgate, 96 Milton Street, Cowcaddens (close to Queen Street Station) in the city's west end, would be able to take your wife's fingerprints ... thus avoiding the time-consuming and expensive journey to London. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
21st May 2010, 18:34
Meant to add the Phone Number for ALL UK passport enquiries: It is 0870-521-0410 (calls charged at National Rates).

Apparently the Glasgow Office deals with applications from the whole of Scotland ... fair enough! Strangely, though ... as I've only just discovered ... it also handles all Postal Applications from - wait for it - each of the London Boroughs!! Nonetheless, this rather daft :crazy: way of working DOES, at least, kinda back-up what I've mentioned in my immediate previous post above.

devin33
21st May 2010, 22:52
Thank you very much for the information Arthur. I shall call the passport office and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again : )

Thanks to everyone else too.

Scott