PDA

View Full Version : What happens if you have been refused a visa to another country?

neallie
15th May 2010, 14:02
Hi everyone,
Has anyone been refused a visa from another country and successfully obtained a spouse visa.
While I was in the UK on a family visa I applied for a visa to go with my husband for a weeks holiday to another country and was denied.
We are planning to apply for a spouse visa and we are concerned that this will affect my application.
Hope you can share your experiences base on my case.
Many thanks

Arthur Little
15th May 2010, 16:01
While I was in the UK on a family visa I applied for a visa to go with my husband for a weeks holiday to another country and was denied.
We are planning to apply for a spouse visa and we are concerned that this will affect my application.
Hope you can share your experiences base on my case.
Many thanks

:sorry-2: to learn about the refusal! But - to the best of MY knowledge - it SHOULDN'T jeopardise your application for a spousal visa. :NoNo: Which country denied the short-term visit visa, btw? Was it the United States or Canada by any chance? I do believe these two nations are particularly strict!! On the other hand, if it was a 'Schengen Visa' ... permitting travel within many EU countries ... then it's more surprising - UNLESS of course it wasn't granted because you're not YET the holder of a UK Spousal Visa. :rolleyes:

joebloggs
15th May 2010, 17:56
you was on a family visit visa, i take it he was not your husband then,,
and your going to apply for a spouse visa now ?

just tell the truth, and no it should not effect you applying for any UK visa'S..
refusing to declare could lead to problems thou..
you should have nothing to worry about..:rolleyes:

ras66uk
15th May 2010, 19:23
i never knew u was a uk border employee joe?
must hav had a few 2 many 2day init?:D

neallie
16th May 2010, 14:08
Hi thanks for your reply.:)
It wasn’t United States or Canada, It was an EU country which is not part of Schengen.
We are already married, at the time of getting married we had no plans of returning to the UK so there’s no point of applying for a spouse visa.
Since been refused a visa and not being able to get any answer as to why, we decided to move back to the UK and to eliminate this problem in the future..

joebloggs
16th May 2010, 15:18
i take it your husband is a brit, how long was he livinig in this EU country before you applied for a visa. did you apply for a family permit ? :Erm: