PDA

View Full Version : Do Filipinas have hen nights?

triple5
16th May 2010, 17:08
I just had the displeasure of seeing some pics of a good old fashioned English hen do on facebook, orange faced overweight ladies grappling over a half naked fireman. Just wondering if Filipinas have a hen night before getting married and if so what do they do?

keithAngel
16th May 2010, 17:23
Eat chickens feet of course:icon_lol:

maria_and_matt
16th May 2010, 17:41
yes we do we call it despidada de soltera and tbh i cannot remember what we did, it was such a ong time ago:doh

somebody
16th May 2010, 17:51
The Wife and her friends at a friends recent one and from memory other ones seem to just involve a lot of food, loads of malbro lights, a small amout of booze and a lot of gossiping I guess as they are so far spread accross the world and Phill (most passed though Manila airport on the way to)

raynaputi
16th May 2010, 18:07
some would go their way to get a male stripper for the bride..purely for fun though and nothing more than a strip show..like what we did for my bestfriend (only that her mom attended the bridal shower, which none of us thought she'd actually arrive, so a bit embarrassing for her! haha :laughitupsmilie:)...but usually, the despedida de soltera just involves games about the bride, lots of food, some drinks, chitchats with friends, and videoke...:xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: :D

jimeve
16th May 2010, 20:26
some would go their way to get a male stripper for the bride..purely for fun though and nothing more than a strip show..like what we did for my bestfriend (only that her mom attended the bridal shower, which none of us thought she'd actually arrive, so a bit embarrassing for her! haha :laughitupsmilie:)...but usually, the despedida de soltera just involves games about the bride, lots of food, some drinks, chitchats with friends, and videoke...:xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: :D

I thought videoka might came into play :ARsurrender::ARsurrender:

Tonet
16th May 2010, 21:52
yeah pinays do have hen nights but its not like here that goes out in town and get sooo drunk,.
Its usually in a hotel room, or in a house with drink, foods and a lot of chit chat, we also give naughty presents, like lingerie, perfume, to be used on first night etc:do_it:. and sometimes there are male stripper but i have never seen one myself heheh.
It was cute, someone i know had her hen night and we present her a cake with 2 boiled egg and a banana in the middle it looked like this:icon_tonguew: (without the tongue) and she had to bite it as far as she can go hahaha...

sensi*
16th May 2010, 21:56
:)my girl doesnt drink, we are gettin married this week and i know that most definatly she wont have a hen do:NoNo::bigcry:

sensi*
16th May 2010, 21:57
good question triple, by the way nice to meet you:Hellooo:

sensi*
16th May 2010, 21:59
do a lot of filipinas drink? or is it just the younger generation? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
17th May 2010, 00:31
do filipinas have ann summers nights?

raynaputi
17th May 2010, 00:39

uhmm...:Erm: not that i know of bab...maybe for the wild ones...:erotic4::xxaction-smiley-047:erotic4::xxaction-smiley-047:erotic4::xxaction-smiley-047

triple5
17th May 2010, 00:46
do a lot of filipinas drink? or is it just the younger generation? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

good to meet you too Sensi :xxgrinning--00xx3: My gf rarely driinks, and if she does its only a few.

sars_notd_virus
17th May 2010, 06:26
i used to handle banquet sales when i was working in a hotel and yeah one of the easiest to organize is ( despidida de soltera) basically becoz soon-to-be-bride and her frends,bring their own ideas , their own kink cakes,wines,gifts (even the ex of the bride wrapped in a big box and get him dance for them before the party ends:yikes:)...and we just have to charge them for the foods,rent of place like the poolside/videoke room.

raynaputi
17th May 2010, 11:59
... (even the ex of the bride wrapped in a big box and get him dance for them before the party ends:yikes:)...

:omg: now that's really something! :laughitupsmilie:

sars_notd_virus
17th May 2010, 12:39
:omg: now that's really something! :laughitupsmilie:

careless whisper h.kho:icon_lol::icon_lol:
:Rasp:gives you idea for your despidida de soltera rayna girl?;)

pennybarry
17th May 2010, 12:45
Yes! I remember when my friends in Holland set for a hen night for me and they call it "for the girls only" we were about 20 and they're all married but no husband allowed to join the party. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
We had a party and there was one stripper. :omg:
What a happy party!

Arthur Little
17th May 2010, 13:13

:D ... YOUR post reminds me of just how much I - as an :olddude: - (DON'T) know about these things!! :doh Never been sure whether it's Ann Summers or Ann Somers! :NoNo:

I DO believe it's SUMMER :sunshine: [weatherwise] more or less all year round in the Philippines, though; feel free to correct me if I'm wrong ... Penny, Rayna, Mari et al. :icon_lol:

raynaputi
17th May 2010, 13:47
careless whisper h.kho:icon_lol::icon_lol:
:Rasp:gives you idea for your despidida de soltera rayna girl?;)

Nooooooooo!!! :yikes: :NoNo: no exes on my bridal shower please!!!! :doh :D

sars_notd_virus
17th May 2010, 14:28
Okkkkkk rayna girl calm down.... Noooo to x's ,y's and z'sss:icon_lol::xxgrinning--00
am sure theres a lot new ideas which you and your friends will find to have your b.shower memorable

gWaPito
17th May 2010, 20:54
I did once mention a hen night to Jane and she thought it was about ringing there necks :omg:

Jamesey
17th May 2010, 21:07
My friend's wife had a hen night and by what information we got, it sounded more debauched than our stag night! The group was half filipinas and half western girls. Apparently, they went out in Quezon City visiting various transvestite show bars and gigolo clubs!:yikes::yikes::yikes:

The rumoured activities included getting up on stage with the performers, lots of drinking, groping and "skiing"....:Erm:

Sounds like they had a good night.... they even got back later than we did! :Cuckoo: