PDA

View Full Version : New here!

Raine
19th May 2010, 01:07
Hello guys! I'm new here! I hope to find new friends living in the UK. I've been here since dec 2008 but have not found any good friends yet, so i thought i'd join the group. I'm in Redhill, Surrey about 30 minutes to London and quite bored not having filipinas like me to have 'tsismisan' days with. haha. if you have the same dilemma or would like to add a friend to your busy lives, then count me in! :)

RickyR
19th May 2010, 01:27
Hello welcome
I'm sure you'll find some friends on here, there are plenty of Filipino Events and Community Groups in the UK where you can meet people. Have you been to Earl's Court in London to the Filipino Restaurants and Shops?

raynaputi
19th May 2010, 02:25
:Hellooo: welcome to the forum! Wow! We're "tukayo"! Well, almost..haha..some of my friends call me "Rain" too.. :D

marlyn&kenny
19th May 2010, 03:13
welcome aboard!:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

sars_notd_virus
19th May 2010, 03:17
Welcome aboard:Hellooo:

DaveUK
19th May 2010, 08:33
Welcome to the forum :)

lordna
19th May 2010, 12:49
Hi Raine,

The plan is my wife (from the philippines) will join me here in the UK on June 7th. I live in East sussex about 15 miles from Redhill and go there every week to visit my mother. So i am probably the nearest! Once my wife is here then maybe we can get in contact. Where are u from in the Philippines? My wife lives in Tacloban, originally from Samar.

Arthur Little
19th May 2010, 12:55
Hello guys! I'm new here! I hope to find new friends living in the UK. I've been here since dec 2008 but have not found any good friends yet, so i thought i'd join the group. I'm in Redhill, Surrey about 30 minutes to London and quite bored not having filipinas like me to have 'tsismisan' days with. haha. if you have the same dilemma or would like to add a friend to your busy lives, then count me in! :)

I'm not normally given to welcoming *"rain" as such ... since WE tend to have more than our share of *it here in the British Isles!! :rolleyes: But ... despite your parents' choice of name ... I imagine YOU - like MOST Filipinas I've encountered [my wife, in particular] - to have a lovely, sunny :sunshine: personality! Which is why I find myself a little surprised you haven't come across any Filipino communities in the time you've been living so close to our Capital City.

Well, you've taken a very worthwhile step in joining this friendly forum! Here, you'll be in contact with many others who found themselves in a situation similar to your own when THEY first arrived on these shores. And those ladies will soon point you in the right direction.

So, a very warm :welcomex: to you, Raine - on their behalf.

Arthur Little
19th May 2010, 13:08
Hi Raine,

The plan is my wife (from the philippines) will join me here in the UK on June 7th. I live in East sussex about 15 miles from Redhill and go there every week to visit my mother. So i am probably the nearest! Once my wife is here then maybe we can get in contact. Where are u from in the Philippines? My wife lives in Tacloban, originally from Samar.

:) You see what I mean? ... there's one offer already! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

liane
19th May 2010, 15:10
Welcome to the forum :Wave:

PAT
19th May 2010, 15:13

Hello welcome here...:)

DropsOfJupiter
21st May 2010, 19:54

Hello - welcome. By joining the forum, you now have lots of instant tsismis friends. :icon_lol::doh