PDA

View Full Version : Need advice urgently !! regarding birth of baby

lenboy
19th May 2010, 20:17
First of all Hi to you all !!

well iv got a tricky situation here !!

My partner lives in Cebu , and is having our baby in August !
the baby is due on the 14th , im still going through a divorce , but hope with in 2 months it all finished !
i wanted Hanna that's my partners name to come to England to have our son born in the UK , but with my divorce still going on i think we will have to have our baby in Cebu !!
iv been told that i have to be there or with in 2 weeks of birth so that i can put my name on the Birth certificate ( is this true ) ?

And once the baby is born i want to get mother and baby to the UK as soon as possible !!

So what do you think i should do ? get a fiancé visa or a spouse visa ? which would be the quickest and best to do ?

And what about paper work for the baby ? is it straight forward ? and do i need to get a British passport for baby ? and what else do i need to do ?

I have heard that if i not able to get my name on the baby birth certificate that it would involve a lot more paper work and also that i would need a DNA test to prove that im the father ? and that it cost 60.000 pessos to get it done ?

we have known each other for nearly a year now and ive been to visit Hanna 3 times now !so i think we have enough prof that we are genuine in love and want to live together as husband and wife !!

so if there is anyone you could help or give me advice or who have had a similar experience i would be ever so grateful to hear from you !!

And thanks for reading this article .
Len

proud2bepinay
20th May 2010, 01:17
the baby is due on the 14th , im still going through a divorce , but hope with in 2 months it all finished !
i wanted Hanna that's my partners name to come to England to have our son born in the UK , but with my divorce still going on i think we will have to have our baby in Cebu !!
iv been told that i have to be there or with in 2 weeks of birth so that i can put my name on the Birth certificate ( is this true ) ?
ANSWER:
you can check call the NSO Main Office (Tel.: 00632 716-08-07 / 713-70-74
for this query as to what the requirement is to be able to put your name on the birth certificate and whether the 2 week period applies in your case .

And once the baby is born i want to get mother and baby to the UK as soon as possible !!

So what do you think i should do ? get a fiancé visa or a spouse visa ? which would be the quickest and best to do ?

ANSWER: based on my experience getting a fiance visa is faster as spousal visa may entail you to provide proof of your divorce outcome (eg copy of you decree absolute).

And what about paper work for the baby ? is it straight forward ? and do i need to get a British passport for baby ? and what else do i need to do ?

ANSWER :contact the British Embassy whether your child is eligible for a British Citizenship. You may ask why I advised you to this its because not all children born from a British Parent qualifies for citizenship. There are different factors affecting this 1. whether the father/or mother was born on or before 01/01/1983 --if born before this date the child can acquire citizenship through the British Parent as anyone born in the uk or a uk territory are automatically UK Citizens; if born after this date the Embassy may ask for proof of the UK Born parent to provide evidence of British Nationality and proof of parental responsibility. 2. Place of Birth; if the child is born outside of the UK, the child's birth should be registered with the British Embassy 3.Parental Responsibiliy. I am not an expert on this but I have knowledge of this things having work for the Identity and Passport Service former UK Passport Agency for the past 3 years). DO NOT CALL THE PASSPORT ADVISELINE IN THE UK AS THEY WILL REFER YOU TO THE EMBASSY; YOU WILL ONLY WASTE YOUR TIME.

I jope I was able to shed some light on your query. congratulations in advance for your baby's birth and may you be reunited as a family soon in the uk.

hannah sheila
20th May 2010, 17:04
congrats having a baby:Jump::Hellooo:

rusty
20th May 2010, 18:51
Your child will be able to apply for a passport and you have the option to register the birth, registration is not a legal requirement, but it is recommended.

The advantages are that

A British style birth certificate is available as evidence of British nationality
A record of the birth will afterwards be held at the General Registry Office (GRO) in the United Kingdom. Further copies can be obtained from the GRO.
Details for birth registration - http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/living-in-the-philippines/how-register-birth-and-death/how-register-birth

Details for passport application - http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/passports/applying-in-philippines

lenboy
20th May 2010, 20:26
many thanks Rusty
for you advice !! yes i looked those sites up !! and printed forms from them !!
thanks for your time
len
p.s. can i get passport for the baby in Cebu or do i have to go to Manila ?

lenboy
20th May 2010, 20:32
many thanks for your time and advice
yes i was thinking the same about the fiancé Visa as well !!
but would that cause any problems getting our baby to the UK ?

And could you tell me if all Filipino who apply for visa have to go to Manila !! as she is from Cebu ?

and once again many thanks for your time in answering me !!
len

lenboy
20th May 2010, 20:35
congrats having a baby:Jump::Hellooo:

hehehe we should be congratulating each other my dearest Hanna

lenboy
20th May 2010, 20:36
ANSWER:
you can check call the NSO Main Office (Tel.: 00632 716-08-07 / 713-70-74
for this query as to what the requirement is to be able to put your name on the birth certificate and whether the 2 week period applies in your case .

ANSWER: based on my experience getting a fiance visa is faster as spousal visa may entail you to provide proof of your divorce outcome (eg copy of you decree absolute).

ANSWER :contact the British Embassy whether your child is eligible for a British Citizenship. You may ask why I advised you to this its because not all children born from a British Parent qualifies for citizenship. There are different factors affecting this 1. whether the father/or mother was born on or before 01/01/1983 --if born before this date the child can acquire citizenship through the British Parent as anyone born in the uk or a uk territory are automatically UK Citizens; if born after this date the Embassy may ask for proof of the UK Born parent to provide evidence of British Nationality and proof of parental responsibility. 2. Place of Birth; if the child is born outside of the UK, the child's birth should be registered with the British Embassy 3.Parental Responsibiliy. I am not an expert on this but I have knowledge of this things having work for the Identity and Passport Service former UK Passport Agency for the past 3 years). DO NOT CALL THE PASSPORT ADVISELINE IN THE UK AS THEY WILL REFER YOU TO THE EMBASSY; YOU WILL ONLY WASTE YOUR TIME.

I jope I was able to shed some light on your query. congratulations in advance for your baby's birth and may you be reunited as a family soon in the uk.

many thanks for your time and advice
yes i was thinking the same about the fiancé Visa as well !!
but would that cause any problems getting our baby to the UK ?

And could you tell me if all Filipino who apply for visa have to go to Manila !! as she is from Cebu ?

and once again many thanks for your time in answering me !!
len

keithAngel
21st May 2010, 13:54
Len if you apply immediatly for British passport , once they have it,your child has no probs leaving the Phils as they are a British Citizen:xxgrinning--00xx3: