PDA

View Full Version : No recourse to public funds- what does this mean ?

ThaiVisaExpress
22nd May 2010, 11:12
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/while-in-uk/rightsandresponsibilities/publicfunds/

pennybarry
22nd May 2010, 11:19
This generally applies to those who are non EU nationals. This means you have no access to entitlement to any welfare benefits. :D

Arthur Little
22nd May 2010, 12:08
Put in the simplest of terms, it means that fiance(e)s and/or spouses of British Nationals are NOTentitled to claim financial assistance [State Benefits] from government funds derived from taxpayers' contributions :NoNo: ... until such time as they have been granted Indefinite Leave to Remain/Permanent Residence.

sparky
23rd May 2010, 00:26
of course if you do the visa the correct and legal way then the visa in the passport states the " no recourse to public funds " legend

however if you come here illegally then you are more than welcome to claim all you like and probably get a house and car thrown in for your trouble

british immigration at its best:cwm23::Brick::NoNo::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

sparky
23rd May 2010, 00:26
of course if you do the visa the correct and legal way then the visa in the passport states the " no recourse to public funds " legend

however if you come here illegally then you are more than welcome to claim all you like and probably get a house and car thrown in for your trouble

british immigration at its best:cwm23::Brick::NoNo::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

joebloggs
23rd May 2010, 20:33
Put in the simplest of terms, it means that fiance(e)s and/or spouses of British Nationals are NOTentitled to claim financial assistance [State Benefits] from government funds derived from taxpayers' contributions :NoNo: ... until such time as they have been granted Indefinite Leave to Remain/Permanent Residence.

not strictly 100% true, I think some benefits can be claimed if your married to a British citizen or a european excerising their treaty rights.

Arthur Little
23rd May 2010, 20:50
not strictly 100% true, I think some benefits can be claimed if your married to a British citizen

:Erm: ... WHICH one(s), Joe? Do tell me ... maybe Myrna & I are missing out somewhere ... ! :cwm24:

joebloggs
23rd May 2010, 21:06
:icon_lol: sorry Arthur to build up your hopes, unless you have children under 16 and are entitled to claim child benefit, tax creds etc..
thou i would still advise the hubby to claim and keep the money than the filipina wife, minimise any potential problems :D.

ThaiVisaExpress
24th May 2010, 05:41
Im aware of what this means as im an OISC registered adviser it was for the benefit of members who are applying for settlement.

I post on various Immigration boards I forgot I am not well kown on this forum apologies guys.

keithAngel
24th May 2010, 07:21
this one comes up time by time and its never very clear as you say joe the hubby should claim to keep it clear such things as tax credit "if he was already entitled to claim" prior to the missus arrival you can also still claim housing benifit but will have to top up beyond the single bedroom version (is how i understand it) I guess that would apply to Poll tax to

malditako
24th May 2010, 08:01
i would like to enroll in a interior designing class in beeston as inlaws says its free,,,does it means i cannot coz of this restriction?...