PDA

View Full Version : what next

stevewool
25th May 2010, 18:05
hi to all , i have looked on here for answers but cannot find , if the visa is awarded to us and emma comes here we get married sooner then later what happens then,???? she would like to work as soon as she can legal,is there other payments to be made after so long, can she work as soon as being married , thanks for any feedback

Arthur Little
25th May 2010, 18:40
hi to all , i have looked on here for answers but cannot find , if the visa is awarded to us and emma comes here we get married sooner then later what happens then,???? she would like to work as soon as she can legal,is there other payments to be made after so long, can she work as soon as being married , thanks for any feedback

A Fiancee Visa is valid for six months ... within which timescale, you and Emma would NEED to marry in any case - to enable her to become eligible to apply for Further Leave to Remain (FLR) for an additional period of 27 months. Effectively, the outlay is [I think] the same as that paid for the fiancee visa. I've qualified myself here by saying "I think" - because Myrna bypassed the 'fiancee stage' in coming here via the spousal route, so I'm not 100% certain of the current cost of FLR! However, I CAN assure you that Emma WOULD be legally entitled to work either remuneratively or voluntarily - or both - as soon as FLR is granted. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ThaiVisaExpress
26th May 2010, 06:54
Hi,

You must marry within a 6 month window then you apply for FLR using form set FLR (M )here is some useful links from the UK/BA.

Within the 2 year period enrol her on an ESOL or take the KOL test to qualify for ILR in the UK.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresidency/extendingyourstay/applicationtype/flr(m)/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/settlement/knowledge-language-life/

rusty
26th May 2010, 07:24
Updated link for FLR set (M)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/settlement/applicationtypes/applicationformset(m)/

darren-b
26th May 2010, 08:45
Hi,

You must marry within a 6 month window then you apply for FLR using form set FLR (M )here is some useful links from the UK/BA.

Within the 2 year period enrol her on an ESOL or take the KOL test to qualify for ILR in the UK.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresidency/extendingyourstay/applicationtype/flr(m)/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/settlement/knowledge-language-life/

Except of course that after July 2011 so long as the new government goes ahead with implementing the new immigration laws ILR will no longer exist and will be replaced by probationary citizenship. Not much information is available yet so can't yet say for certain that the requirement for ESOL or KOL will stay the same.

joebloggs
26th May 2010, 13:13

also not just enrol on an ESOL course, but one that covers some of the citizenship material and also you need a confirmation letter that the ESOL cert was gained from studying some of the citizenship material.

darren-b
26th May 2010, 14:13
also not just enrol on an ESOL course, but one that covers some of the citizenship material and also you need a confirmation letter that the ESOL cert was gained from studying some of the citizenship material.

And as of a month or so ago..

- have studied for your ESOL qualification at an 'accredited college'; and
- be able to demonstrate that you have progressed at least one level in order to obtain your qualification.

Preparing for visa applications in advance is sensible, but they do keep changing the rules so you could have wasted your time.

5olidsnake
2nd July 2010, 14:25
hi stevewool
as soon she arrives register at gp and get her on the council tax bill (the first evidence she is living at the property)helps opening joint bank account later and the doctor can be her reference when she applies for citizenship (he/she needs to know her for 3 years). getting her registered at a dentist is a bit more difficult, they dont like NHS only private by us

after your married you also need to get her passport amended to show her new surname(philippines embassy london)can do this after FLR, but we did it before just makes it looks nice on FLR in married name

and then get all your gas,electric,water council tax in mr&mrs for ILR requirements letters spread over two years (avoid paperless billing)

these are the current requirements and will maybe be more difficult in the future
this will make the journey a little easier

when will the hurdles ever stop, 3 years of jumping is tiring

malditako
2nd July 2010, 16:47
im under flr at the moment do i need to take the ESOL test?..it is really a requirements for ILR?..coz at the moment i have no plans taking the course.

joebloggs
2nd July 2010, 18:04
im under flr at the moment do i need to take the ESOL test?..it is really a requirements for ILR?..coz at the moment i have no plans taking the course.

you need to pass an ESOL course, which covers citizenship material or pass the 'life in UK' test before you apply for ILR and before your FLR expires.

Arthur Little
2nd July 2010, 18:35
Except of course that after July 2011 so long as the new government goes ahead with implementing the new immigration laws ILR will no longer exist and will be replaced by probationary citizenship.

So presumably, Darren, there will be a charge for this proposed 'Probationary Citizenship' ... in line WITH [or maybe even more THAN] the cost of ILR? :rolleyes: And, of course, no doubt someone applying for the REAL THING [and I'm not referring to Coca Cola! :icon_lol:] will still need to stump-up the £750 ... or whatever the increased cost (and there's bound to BE an increase!) is by then? :doh

Tonet
3rd July 2010, 23:02
after your married you also need to get her passport amended to show her new surname(philippines embassy london)can do this after FLR, but we did it before just makes it looks nice on FLR in married name

Just to add you cant just amend passport now, you have to renew it as well so you better do it before applying FLR or else her FLR visa wont be on her valid passport....