PDA

View Full Version : Overstay and further questions.

Sera_6969
29th May 2010, 01:17
Hello Good People,
A friend was due to return to the Philippines on May 31st and has tickets already booked. She has *just* checked the status of her visa and noticed it expired on May 28th.

This is a genuine oversight but i realise how stringent visa rules are. What are the implications of these 3 days overstay? Will it affect her chances of returning to the UK?

Thanks and appreciations in advance :)

darren-b
29th May 2010, 07:46
3 days of overstaying shouldn't cause her any real problems assuming she catchs her flight home as planned.

KeithD
29th May 2010, 09:04
She can blame it on the ash cloud/BA strikes :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sera_6969
29th May 2010, 12:02
Thanks for the replies!

Siimple & stupid mstake to make, i know. She was adamant her visa expired on the 31st and only checked for sure when she collected her passport from solicitors on Wednesday.

joebloggs
29th May 2010, 12:13
what type of visa is she on ? visit visa ?

depends if immigration check her passport before she gets on her plane, if they do they might mark her passport that shes overstayed, but there is probably little chance of this happening..

DavidArt
29th May 2010, 16:58
i think you can stay around 28 days more from your visa expired,did happen to me in my fiance visa the home office told me that i can stay 28 days , so i think 3 days is no difference! your friend will be fine with that!

Sera_6969
29th May 2010, 18:29
Hi joebloggs,
She's on a student visa and was unable find another employer thru her agency to sponsor her. Hence her need to return.

KeithD
29th May 2010, 18:48
i think you can stay around 28 days more from your visa expired,did happen to me in my fiance visa the home office told me that i can stay 28 days , so i think 3 days is no difference! your friend will be fine with that!

You're supposed to get permission off them though.