PDA

View Full Version : "state pension" ? . . . .

Ella
29th May 2010, 22:58
Hi to all :Hellooo:

Is it true that a Filipina with a British citizenship will upon retirement, have an entitlement to a state pension with a value at least 60% of her British husband’s state pension, even if she has never made any national insurance contributions (but has an NI number)?:Erm: :Erm: :Erm:

sparky
30th May 2010, 00:19
guys- be worried- be very worried

i prefer questions about love and wanting to be together rather than what i am worth:omg::omg:

Ella
30th May 2010, 00:34

i prefer questions about love and wanting to be together rather than what i am worth:omg::omg:

Hahaha Guys you don't need to worry....:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
It was my husband old man told me this. I don't have any idea about pension scheme here in UK, thats why I asked anybody in the forum.

Pete/London
30th May 2010, 00:35

:xxgrinning--00xx3:some of the questions I read on these forums make my toes curl:rolleyes:

Ella
30th May 2010, 00:48
:xxgrinning--00xx3:some of the questions I read on these forums make my toes curl:rolleyes:

Heheh messages like this really make me smile :)
Awhile ago I felt sleep but now I'm wide awake :Cuckoo: :icon_lol:

RickyR
30th May 2010, 02:30
I believe you'll be eligible for a minimum state pension regardless of NI contributions, and then your husbands contributions may affect yours, but the exact figures and how it works. I don't know. Also if you have children and are taking care of them full time, the government will issued you contibutions for that. Then the current system means that even if you don't have enough pension when you retire, you can claim income support to bring it upto a certain level. All very complex, and would need to see an advisor for proper information.
The big question is whether the state pension will still exist in the same way in 20-30 years time? And at what age you'll be able to claim it. The current system isn't working, people are living longer, more people claiming...
I personally have no intention of relying on a state pension, because I think it would only lead to dissapointment at current predictions.

pennybarry
30th May 2010, 06:58
Be patient!
Just wait your husband to grow older and have dementia.
Then, you'll have access of all what he has! :xxgrinning--00xx3:
For the meantime, play your role!:icon_lol::icon_lol::laugher::laugher:

Sim11UK
30th May 2010, 07:07
Be patient!

Penny I'm shocked at your reply. :omg: :icon_lol::icon_lol:

pennybarry
30th May 2010, 07:13
Penny I'm shocked at your reply. :omg: :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Ella makes me smile as she is too young to think about pension. :omg::icon_lol:

But then I like her being organise the future.:D

I wanna make her laugh!:laugher::laugher::laugher:

joebloggs
30th May 2010, 07:14
Be patient!

my misses has access to all my money already, the thing is now she has a good paying job, i dont have access to her money :yikes::yikes::NoNo::cwm24:
when she was spending my money she use to say 'oh its only money' but now its her money :Help1:

Sim11UK
30th May 2010, 07:18
I wanna make her laugh!:laugher::laugher::laugher:

You always make me laugh, you come out with some really funny things...Keep 'em coming! :xxgrinning--00xx3: :icon_lol:

Sim11UK
30th May 2010, 07:22
my misses has access to all my money already, the thing is now she has a good paying job, i dont have access to her money :yikes::yikes::NoNo::cwm24:
when she was spending my money she use to say 'oh its only money' but now its her money :Help1:

The future dosen't look good Joe... You're surplus to requirements now. :cwm24: :icon_lol:

joebloggs
30th May 2010, 07:29
The future dosen't look good Joe... You're surplus to requirements now. :cwm24: :icon_lol:

:yikes: :doh as long as my money is surplus i dont care :icon_lol:

when r u planning on getting your misses here Si ? or are you doing what i did keep her in the phils for a few years saving you money :D

pennybarry
30th May 2010, 07:29

She is really a lucky one!
I have only few access with Barry's money.:Brick:
Only allowance per week + savings for our holidays.
But he is getting older so little more patience needed.
:omg::omg::laugher::laugher:

For the meantime, I'm enjoying my hard earned money. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

darren-b
30th May 2010, 07:35
Your husbands contributions can depending on the circumstances help you increase your state pension.

One thing is I don't think having British citizenship has anything to do with it, having ILR is enough.

stevewool
30th May 2010, 07:38
so dont love enter the marriage ?????, are we brittish men silly in thinking you are coming here for love and to be together not just to kill us then run off with the money tell me i am wrong

Sim11UK
30th May 2010, 07:38
when r u planning on getting your misses here Si ? or are you doing what i did keep her in the phils for a few years saving you money :D

Soon joe soon I hope...it's too long already :NoNo:

joebloggs
30th May 2010, 07:43
Soon joe soon I hope...it's too long already :NoNo:

yes dont leave it too long, we had to wait til my misses had finished uni, we were married more than 2yrs b4 she came to the uk !

good luck with the app :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pete/London
30th May 2010, 11:13
She is really a lucky one!
I have only few access with Barry's money.:Brick:
Only allowance per week + savings for our holidays.
But he is getting older so little more patience needed.
:omg::omg::laugher::laugher:

For the meantime, I'm enjoying my hard earned money. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:Sex:him silly, that normally works:D

IainBusby
30th May 2010, 12:16

What's yours is mine and what's mine is my own.... sounds familiar...... are all Filipino wives like this?

pennybarry
30th May 2010, 13:13
:Sex:him silly, that normally works:D

so what makes you randy pete? ahahaha

What's yours is mine and what's mine is my own.... sounds familiar...... are all Filipino wives like this?
I think not with strict husband with patient wife!
And wife who gives money to husband!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

triple5
30th May 2010, 14:00
By the time you're old enough to claim Ella there may not even be a state pension. Have to ask why you're asking that :Erm: Surely that's a long way off in the future isnt it?

somebody
30th May 2010, 15:53

Oh dear you didn't train her very well Joe:NoNo:

somebody
30th May 2010, 16:01
Hi to all :Hellooo:

Is it true that a Filipina with a British citizenship will upon retirement, have an entitlement to a state pension with a value at least 60% of her British husband’s state pension, even if she has never made any national insurance contributions (but has an NI number)?:Erm: :Erm: :Erm:

I know you can pay the NI and laws recently changed for those who are home makers or whatver the name used by te goverment this week.

But do youhave no plans to work not even part time while here in the uk? As well as money many people meet friends at work and of course stops you getting bored at home..

Pete/London
30th May 2010, 16:17
so what makes you randy pete? ahahaha

not sure now, maybe other women ;)

Ella
30th May 2010, 22:48
I believe you'll be eligible for a minimum state pension regardless of NI contributions, and then your husbands contributions may affect yours, but the exact figures and how it works. I don't know. Also if you have children and are taking care of them full time, the government will issued you contibutions for that. Then the current system means that even if you don't have enough pension when you retire, you can claim income support to bring it upto a certain level. All very complex, and would need to see an advisor for proper information.
The big question is whether the state pension will still exist in the same way in 20-30 years time? And at what age you'll be able to claim it. The current system isn't working, people are living longer, more people claiming...
I personally have no intention of relying on a state pension, because I think it would only lead to dissapointment at current predictions.

Thanks for the info guys... I really appreciate it :)

vbkelly
30th May 2010, 22:49
what yours is mine and what mine is mine hahaha ganun ba yun? my husband already told me all of his wells lol

Ella
30th May 2010, 23:11
Be patient!

Hahahah your so funny :laugher:
Ur giving me an idea :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: (joke :Cuckoo: :Cuckoo: :Cuckoo:)

I already had access in everything he has right now :Rasp: so no worry...

Just to be clear....I loved my guy for what he is not for what he have :)

Ella
30th May 2010, 23:14
Your husbands contributions can depending on the circumstances help you increase your state pension.

One thing is I don't think having British citizenship has anything to do with it, having ILR is enough.

Thanks darren-b :)

Ella
30th May 2010, 23:20
so dont love enter the marriage ?????, are we brittish men silly in thinking you are coming here for love and to be together not just to kill us then run off with the money tell me i am wrong

Well, I'm telling you now your absolutely WRONG :Rasp:

Ella
30th May 2010, 23:30
By the time you're old enough to claim Ella there may not even be a state pension. Have to ask why you're asking that :Erm: Surely that's a long way off in the future isnt it?

Don't get me wrong :doh I asked the question about state pension because my husband told me so. He's old man gave him an idea about it.

Ella
30th May 2010, 23:42
[QUOTE=somebody;224123]I know you can pay the NI and laws recently changed for those who are home makers or whatver the name used by te goverment this week.

But do youhave no plans to work not even part time while here in the uk? As well as money many people meet friends at work and of course stops you getting bored at home..[/QUOTE

My guy told me that its up for me whether I gonna work or not
Yeah you got it right working is 1 way of meeting friends.
I'm thinking of working but it's just that I don't know where to start :doh
Too bad for me, I still don't have enough confident :Brick:

pennybarry
31st May 2010, 08:01
I'm thinking of working but it's just that I don't know where to start :doh
Too bad for me, I still don't have enough confident :Brick:

Have a self confidence to hunt a job Ella.
There are huge advantages if you are working!
You'll meet people that will help increase your esteem.
You'll find friends and earn money to save or to spend.
You'll receive more benefits in the future if you're working and can afford to pay private insurance at your own expense.
Spending your hard earned money is the sweetest of all! IHMO:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I can say hubby is generous as he always there if I have no money to spend, but giving him some £ if he's out of budget is much more a happy feeling and my pleasure. :D

Ella
31st May 2010, 19:31
Have a self confidence to hunt a job Ella.
There are huge advantages if you are working!
You'll meet people that will help increase your esteem.
You'll find friends and earn money to save or to spend.
You'll receive more benefits in the future if you're working and can afford to pay private insurance at your own expense.
Spending your hard earned money is the sweetest of all! IHMO:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I can say hubby is generous as he always there if I have no money to spend, but giving him some £ if he's out of budget is much more a happy feeling and my pleasure. :D

Ur right barry :)

Thanks... :) :) :)

pennybarry
1st June 2010, 08:20
Ur right barry :)

Thanks... :) :) :)

I have not yet changed my gender ehhhh:omg:

bornatbirth
1st June 2010, 10:52
I have not yet changed my gender ehhhh:omg:

i saw you queueing to the mens toilets :Erm: :D

pennybarry
1st June 2010, 11:39
i saw you queueing to the mens toilets :Erm: :D

Yes it's true because I was desperate to join the boys' room as queue for the girls' room was about 4 times longer than men's room. Crowded ehhhh and I was dying for a pee and can't help it. But I used cubicles not your typical urinals.

I didn't experience descrimination inside men's toilet!

Thanks Britain in imposing equality act! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hey girls! if you want to experience not being descriminated in Britain, go to men's toilet! :action-smiley-081::laugher::icon_lol:

Arthur Little
1st June 2010, 18:43
I was desperate to join the boys' room as queue for the girls' room was about 4 times longer than men's room. Crowded ehhhh and I was dying for a pee and can't help it. But I used cubicles not your typical urinals.

:gp: And quite right, too!! When it comes to "spending a 'penny' ..." needs :action-smiley-081: MUST :piss2: ... irrespective of gender!

Arthur Little
1st June 2010, 18:55
Signature:- I add beauty to life!

And I'll wager :REGamblMoney01HL1: your presence added beauty to the mens' loos as well, Penn! :cwm24: