PDA

View Full Version : Marmite love it or hate it

burdock
31st May 2010, 10:21
Jonalyn asked if I could send some typical English food
so I send her some marmite (along with usual chocolate).

it all arrived and she opened the box and found the marmite and promptly unscrewed the lid and before I could stop her she stuck her finger in it and with the biggest dollop of marmite I've seen put it in her mouth

I wish could had captured my cam coz her face was a picture

I think it safe to say she's going to be a marmite hater

Northerner
31st May 2010, 11:08
Awesome:icon_lol:

Made me think.. Next time I go I am taking a bunch of huge jars with me - as gifts:D

Northerner
31st May 2010, 11:08

laurel
31st May 2010, 11:10
Marmite.........love it:)

stevewool
31st May 2010, 11:59
go to the olde sweet shops here and buy double sour sweets then watch there faces they dont seem to come and ask you again for sweets, marmite yuk

Steve.r
31st May 2010, 14:56
I love it too.
Reminds me of when my American friend saw me eating it when I was in Saudi. He also took a big dollop on a spoon, thinking it was chocolate............. his face nearly peeled off :icon_lol::icon_lol: Needless to say he hated it.....:doh

Northerner
31st May 2010, 15:14
Years ago, Mark and Lard who were then BBC Radio 1 DJs did a stunt/experiment where they bought a freshly cooked pizza and left it on the floor opposite the BBC studios in Manchester. This was a hang out for tramps and beggers..

If memory serves me correct, it took about 7 minutes before a tramp actually started to eat it.

So, I wonder.. If a big jar of marmite (seal still intact) was left in an area of homeless people.. Would they eat it?

Or would that be just too cruel:icon_lol:

triple5
31st May 2010, 15:37
Always loved it... and now I miss it :rolleyes: Can quite easily polish off 4 rounds of toast with it on.

Steve.r
31st May 2010, 15:40
Always loved it... and now I miss it :rolleyes: Can quite easily polish off 4 rounds of toast with it on.

Oh yeah!! we sing from the same sheet Trip' the thicker the better!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

triple5
31st May 2010, 15:51
I was almost put off it for good awhile back. My ex in the UK, knowing I liked marmite sandwiches and also cheese and cucumber thought the lot would go very well together :doh. marmite, cheese & cucumber :NoNo: Don't ever try it.

Steve.r
31st May 2010, 15:52
Thats just plain EVIL :cwm23:

mickcant
2nd June 2010, 12:25
Hi,:Wave:
I am a Marmite lover too
yum on hot toast.:hubbahubba:
Mick.

joebloggs
2nd June 2010, 13:13
:NoNo:
but i do eat vegemite :D
maybe its an acquired taste :D

i mean how many people on here like to suck on a fishermens friend :cwm24::NoNo:

Sim11UK
2nd June 2010, 13:18
Bring it on...Love it! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

walesrob
2nd June 2010, 13:18
Love it, yummy :heartshape1:

Sim11UK
2nd June 2010, 13:19
I was almost put off it for good awhile back. My ex in the UK, knowing I liked marmite sandwiches and also cheese and cucumber thought the lot would go very well together :doh. marmite, cheese & cucumber :NoNo: Don't ever try it.

That sounds nice to me. Gonna try it :)

Steve.r
2nd June 2010, 13:34
Sim........you should know better my friend!!!!!!! :yikes:

and for all the haters..............c'mon....if you can eat balut, Marmite is a breeze :icon_lol:

Sim11UK
2nd June 2010, 13:44
Sim........you should know better my friend!!!!!!! :yikes:

and for all the haters..............c'mon....if you can eat balut, Marmite is a breeze :icon_lol:

Sadly I have none of the ingredients in at the moment to try. :D

Arthur Little
2nd June 2010, 14:05
Slightly :icon_offtopic:, BUT ... in deference to the pseudonymn of the member who initiated this thread ... how about "washing down" the Marmite sandwiches with a goodly measure of that other traditional British favourite, Dandelion & Burdock?

burdock
2nd June 2010, 14:24
Already been told that I have to balut:yikes:
(think it's payback for the marmite)
may have to drink a few beers first

Northerner
2nd June 2010, 15:17
I remember the first time I saw balut. t was from a lday selling them out of a bucket! Never mind what they are, I don't fancy buying food from a bucket:NoNo:

Steve.r
2nd June 2010, 15:58
Ok, how about this then, marmite generously smeared over the top of a nice hot balut ......Mmmmm!! :Rasp:

nigel
2nd June 2010, 16:48
You Marmite lovers have got to be kidding!:icon_lol: I think the reason people buy Marmite is so they can cover kiddys sweets with it, so the kids will never ask for sweets again!:icon_lol:

Imagine scooping dirty water from a puddle, then adding cows pooh and stirring it all up! - That's what Marmite tastes like!:cwm3:

While we are on the subject does anybody eat those "Cheerio's" the breakfast cereal? That stuff tastes like...well frankly it tastes like vomit! It really does you try it!:icon_lol:cHbpTrFPc7Y

stevewool
2nd June 2010, 20:38
hate the balut too yak

mickcant
3rd June 2010, 08:21
:NoNo:
but i do eat vegemite :D
maybe its an acquired taste :D

i mean how many people on here like to suck on a fishermens friend :cwm24::NoNo:

Hi,:Wave:
Yes I am never without some fishermens friend, My Filipina wife did try them when we were together, she did not want anouther:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick.:icon_lol:

bornatbirth
3rd June 2010, 11:55
i like marmite and fishermens freinds and also imps (was they called that) they came in a little plastic container.

im not into buying food from the side of the road, after seeing one of the sellers taking a pee in the middle of the road :ARsurrender:

Steve.r
3rd June 2010, 12:57
after seeing one of the sellers taking a pee in the middle of the road :ARsurrender:

Nothing like local customs :icon_lol:

LEAHnew
4th June 2010, 09:58
:vomit-smiley-011:hater:D
If I'm gonna eat marmite and he gonna eat balut will be like this:repuke::NoNo::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Arthur Little
4th June 2010, 17:58
i like marmite and fishermens freinds and also *imps (was they called that) they came in a little plastic container.

:rolleyes: I [think] you're referring to *'Tic-Tacs' ... small pale-greenish (and/or white) capsule-shaped mints.

Gavanddal
5th June 2010, 09:35

Marmite, cheese and cress is one of my favourite sandwiches. Bloomin lovely

Gavanddal
5th June 2010, 09:44
By the way, how can Filipinos criticize marmite when they eat this sh**

:Bolt:

joebloggs
5th June 2010, 10:48
:rolleyes: I [think] you're referring to *'Tic-Tacs' ... small pale-greenish (and/or white) capsule-shaped mints.

nope Arthur he means these IMPS, they were :censored::cwm24:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:xJHr328crWTsNM:http://www.sweetmania.co.uk/images/sweetmania/mighty_imps.jpg