PDA

View Full Version : repatriation

john sergison
9th June 2010, 20:01
hello all
not a nice thing to talk about but still important.

this week i had to help a polish woman whos hubby died suddenly and she wanted the deceased back in poland for burial, anyway it cost £4500 to have him taken by funeral directors by road.

now my asawa is happy for cremation here so no problem .
but some of our single pinay friends are asking me about the problem to get them back to philippines in the sad event happening to them.

i went to a funeral parlour ,but they say that no one does a scheme where you can pay into for repatriation ,,so i think that the best thing is life insurance.

has anybody had the missfortune to repatriate to the philppines and what did it cost.

morbid subject but important if it happens.

take care all

john

stevewool
9th June 2010, 21:02
its a good point john, well i am hoping to be in the phils soon and spend my days there, for me when the time comes to go well its the memories that we all have of each other that what i tell my kids i know it does not answer your question

gWaPito
9th June 2010, 21:04
hello all
not a nice thing to talk about but still important.

this week i had to help a polish woman whos hubby died suddenly and she wanted the deceased back in poland for burial, anyway it cost £4500 to have him taken by funeral directors by road.

now my asawa is happy for cremation here so no problem .
but some of our single pinay friends are asking me about the problem to get them back to philippines in the sad event happening to them.

i went to a funeral parlour ,but they say that no one does a scheme where you can pay into for repatriation ,,so i think that the best thing is life insurance.

has anybody had the missfortune to repatriate to the philppines and what did it cost.

morbid subject but important if it happens.

take care all

john

I dare say I will be corrected but, it is my understanding you can not get life insurance for your filipina wife who is on a temporary/ settlement visa.

Although I thought you could get insurance for anything, at a cost.

I know it cost someone recently as last year £5000 to bring a body home from Austrialia.

john sergison
9th June 2010, 22:11
well we just remortgaged and we both have live insurance to cover it so i am not sure if other life insurance is possible.

but the girls who are asking me are single and now have citizenship so they should have no problem getting life insurance..

but if any one is thinking that there family will want them returned to philippines then please look into it bec it will give you a big financial problem on top of the emotional side of it,

if i discover anything i will of course post on here

take care

john

fred
10th June 2010, 00:15
but if any one is thinking that there family will want them returned to philippines then please look into it

What about what the husband and kids (if any) want??
Its a long way to deliver flowers!

Mind you having said that..Graveyards in the Philippines are not lonely places and are attended far more than many of the desolate overgrown ones in the UK..
I quite like the way that Filipinos sit with their loved ones and party at the cemetery once a year stuffing themselves with food,playing tongit and drinking Redhorse!!
I can see why most Filipinos want to be returned...Even if its in a box.

darren-b
10th June 2010, 07:29
You can take out life insurance to just get the cash - what it is spent on is irrelevant.

If the girls are planning to move back to the Philippines when they retire (30 years?) then this would probably be a fairly easy and cheap option. I would definately allow for at least 10K in todays money, which needs to increase over time.

Other option is something like an endowment (not linked to a property), where after maybe 25 years it will pay out a lump sum, but if you die before the 25 years it will pay the full amount out early anyway.