PDA

View Full Version : Fact or Myth? (I'm asking this time cause I don't know haha)

nigel
12th June 2010, 13:02
Can a person peer through an (apparently invisible) friend or object under hypnosis?

I've heard that it's possible to hypnotize a person into believing that a friend or object in the room is invisible. And that they can actually "peer through" the object or friend and see or even read something behind it!!? I've already read a comment by someone on youtube who has rubbished the idea...but since our life experience is apparently a holograph including our own bodies...it seems this just might be possible....can anyone shed light on this fascinating myth?

It is DEFINATELY possible to hypnotize someone into believing they're friend is invisible..

drir7SB6O_Q

But can they "peer through" the friend and read things behind him? There's been speculation that it's possible...:rolleyes:

bornatbirth
12th June 2010, 13:14
isnt this more to do with weak minded people who are foolish enough to go along with the trick? :Erm:

stevewool
12th June 2010, 13:26
my ex can , she use to talk through me like i was not there

joebloggs
12th June 2010, 13:28
isnt this more to do with weak minded people who are foolish enough to go along with the trick? :Erm:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: i think your right bornatbirth, i remember paul mckeena saying you couldn't hypnotize someone if you didn't want to be and they are aware of what their doing, but just dont give a :censored: :D

nigel
12th June 2010, 14:22
If they could condition someones mind into believing that something was invisible, and then ask them to read something placed behind it...and they successfully did read it....that would be proof that perception is a holograph manifested from our own minds! I believe it's what we are, one big thought field co-creating everything (including our own bodies) holographically!:)

bornatbirth
12th June 2010, 14:34
If they could condition someones mind into believing that something was invisible

change the word condition to gullible then it will work on that person :Erm:

i like the power of positive thinking, i would also like to believe in bigfoot, ufo's and ghosts also area 51 :D

keithAngel
12th June 2010, 21:36
Nigel you dont still believe in "location" do you? :icon_lol:

Englishman2010
12th June 2010, 21:55
I believe it's what we are, one big thought field co-creating everything (including our own bodies) holographically!:)

I like the theory, but if that's the case why don't we all create ourselves to look like Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie?:icon_lol:

keithAngel
12th June 2010, 22:48
I like the theory, but if that's the case why don't we all create ourselves to look like Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie?:icon_lol:

Cause they arnt happy like me or as pretty:doh

joebloggs
13th June 2010, 07:14

Cause they arnt happy like me or as pretty:doh

that's why I've started to imagine i'm KeithAngel :icon_sorry:

i'll let you know how i get on in a few days :rolleyes:

nigel
13th June 2010, 07:56
Nigel you dont still believe in "location" do you? :icon_lol:

I don't believe that we are our bodies no...and the huge vastness of the universe makes it unfeasable that it's a solid creation! It's got to be a holograph! :) I'd be very interested to know what the hypnotized person is seeing though...if his friend is invisible...then what is he seeing? I mean, is his friend transparent? If yes, then he should be able to read a newspaper placed behind his friend? :Erm:.........no?:Erm:

johncar54
13th June 2010, 09:03
I heard they have removed the word 'Gullible' from the English Dictionary. Has anyone else read that ?

Steve.r
13th June 2010, 11:53
I'd very interested to know what the hypnotized person is seeing though...

I think you are a prime candidate to be hypnotised Nigel, jugding by the criteria Bornatbirth has identifed :icon_lol:

keithAngel
13th June 2010, 16:57
I don't believe that we are our bodies no...and the huge vastness of the universe makes it unfeasable that it's a solid creation! It's got to be a holograph! :) I'd very interested to know what the hypnotized person is seeing though...if his friend is invisible...then what is he seeing? I mean, is his friend transparent? If yes, then he should be able to read a newspaper placed behind his friend? :Erm:.........no?:Erm:

Of course its been done and recorded

this is the book you want Nigel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holographic_Universe :xxgrinning--00xx3:

keithAngel
13th June 2010, 16:58
that's why I've started to imagine i'm KeithAngel :icon_sorry:

i'll let you know how i get on in a few days :rolleyes:

:icon_lol: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan
13th June 2010, 21:21
Hmmm...............let's talk b******s!

Al.:)