PDA

View Full Version : Commission on filipino overseas (registered)

sars_notd_virus
17th June 2010, 02:09
Filipino emigrants or those leaving the country to settle permanently abroad are required to register with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas. Part of its registration requirements is attendance in the Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) to prepare them for settlement overseas.
http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1
http://www.cfo.gov.ph/images/stories/mapmanila.jpg
Citigold Center, 1345 Pres. Quirino Avenue
corner Osmeña Highway (South Superhighway)
Manila, Philippines 1007
E-mail: info@cfo.gov.ph

This is how i do it and hope this also helps some future applicants:

1. attend a one-on-one guidance counselling and bring all your
necessary documents (in front of la salle taft manila),you can get your certificate the same day.

* make sure you know some personal details of your husband/fiance
like his mothers maiden name,the month and date he visited the philippines...if your partner is divorced or annuled make sure you are also prepared for answer as they will interrogate you a little.

*bring a picture of you and your husband/fiance.

*photocopy of your documents.

*dont forget to check your first certificate before you leave the office.

2. Wait for the visa to come out and once its out u can visit the PRISM office for registration.

*bring Identification card,pasport,visa,first certificate(guidance counselling),and registration form
*photocopy of all your documents
*dont forget to check your CFO sticker and certificate before you leave the office.

marlyn&kenny
17th June 2010, 03:36
very useful to future applicants:xxgrinning--00xx3:
when are u leaving mari?

No news yet of our application dear...emma and steeve got theirs... so think they prioritise fiancee visa!

stevewool
17th June 2010, 03:45
ui there is this emma and my next step before she can leave the phils

johncar54
17th June 2010, 06:44
QUOTE: * make sure you know some personal details of your husband/fiance
like his mothers maiden name,the month and date he visited the philippines...if your partner is divorced or annuled make sure you are also prepared for answer as they will interrogate you a little.
Don't worry too much about knowing the correct answers. The person questioning you does not know the answer either so you can say anything you choose.

It is unfortunate that a system which was (I believe) set up to assist citizens who move abroad, so that they know what to expect, their rights and how they might protect themselves is also a kind of 'punishment' on the applicants. If I were asked in my country many of the questions, which are asked, I would tell them it is none of their business. In many countries to treat citizens in that way would be a violation of their human rights.

cessxy
17th June 2010, 08:10
Ate Mari Thanks for this Info :):Hellooo:

@ Marlyn dont worry to much you can get your Visa soon :xxgrinning--00xx3:

LEAHnew
17th June 2010, 11:40
Good Post Mari:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I had already my CFO certificate last year (in requirements for my travel in UK as previously fiancee visa holder), now I am married here in Phil I was told to amend the CFO certificate and pay 400 pesos:doh, coz I need it for amending my passport(gonna expire soon) into my married name.
This information I got from inquiry over the phone talking to the one officer of CFO. So let see if this will happen in real:rolleyes::Erm::D

RickyR
17th June 2010, 11:52
johncar, unfortunately we can be just as bad. In trying to renew my B1/B2+C1D visa the states they want to know absolutely everything and interrogate you on it all... Not nice!

mjwoz
17th June 2010, 14:43
congrats mari and good post:xxgrinning--00xx3:

johncar54
17th June 2010, 17:34
johncar, unfortunately we can be just as bad. In trying to renew my B1/B2+C1D visa the states they want to know absolutely everything and interrogate you on it all... Not nice!

But the point I was making is that the interviewers do not know the answers, so if they ask what school their husband went to they can say Oxford University, even if it was just the local elementary school. They have no way of knowing if the interviewee gave the right answer or not.

sars_notd_virus
19th June 2010, 13:05
Don't worry too much about knowing the correct answers. The person questioning you does not know the answer either so you can say anything you choose.

It is unfortunate that a system which was (I believe) set up to assist citizens who move abroad, so that they know what to expect, their rights and how they might protect themselves is also a kind of 'punishment' on the applicants. If I were asked in my country many of the questions, which are asked, I would tell them it is none of their business. In many countries to treat citizens in that way would be a violation of their human rights.

Its legal requirement so i supposed an applicant should supply correct information..:rolleyes:
and Its a protection for us filipinos to prevent human trafficking / abuse and not about human rights.

sars_notd_virus
19th June 2010, 13:06
Its less intrusive than applying for a visa,so do it right people:):xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
19th June 2010, 13:42
A BIG :68711_thanx:, Mari ... for posting this extremely useful and important information for the benefit of others about to embark on a new lifestyle in the UK and elsewhere.

Arthur Little
19th June 2010, 13:54
And all the very best for your fights on Wednesday 23rd ... have a safe and enjoyable journey. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
19th June 2010, 14:26
And all the very best for your fights on Wednesday 23rd ... have a safe and enjoyable journey. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks a lot sir art,bless you ...advance happy fathers day to u

marlyn&kenny
19th June 2010, 14:34
Happy trip sis!:Jump::Jump:

sars_notd_virus
19th June 2010, 14:49
Happy trip sis!:Jump::Jump:

thank u sis hope u get your visa soon:heartshape1:

johncar54
20th June 2010, 14:36
Its legal requirement so i supposed an applicant should supply correct information..:rolleyes:
and Its a protection for us filipinos to prevent human trafficking / abuse and not about human rights.

A legal requirement, I should be grateful if you could quote the actual law which says that. I don't say there is not one but I should like to read it as from what I hear at least some of the interviewers give the impression that they are nasty to interviewees as maybe they are jealous that the person has found a way to travel abroad.

I know the intention of the interview, as I said above, is to explain citizens rights etc when they are abroad but some of the questions , example , what education did your husband receive, until the age of say 16, when the husband has been a senior company executive for many years, does not seen to give any assistance to the applicant.

Another point. My wife went for the interview on the 'Spanish Day' as she was coming to Spain. They told he she would need to attend on the UK day as she was marrying a Brit (albeit that she had no plans to go to UK). When she went to get the exit stamp in her passport they wanted to know why she had done the UK day when she should have done the Spanish one. They were giving her a hard time. Fortunately, I had a copy of an email in which I had questioned with a senior official of CFO re the change of day.

LEAHnew
20th June 2010, 15:21
QUOTE: * make sure you know some personal details of your husband/fiance

As a Filipina I won't be acting like that coz it will be more harder they process my concern, whatever they wanted I'll try my best to give them as long as they follow the rule:rolleyes:
I believe if I acted politely I can get what I want in return..
and If they are being nasty I'll stay calm and defend my right as a FILIPINO:)

:xxgrinning--00xx3:well said:)

A legal requirement, I should be grateful if you could quote the actual law which says that. I don't say there is not one but I should like to read it as from what I hear at least some of the interviewers give the impression that they are nasty to interviewees as maybe they are jealous that the person has found a way to travel abroad.
I hope it helps
http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=270&Itemid=23

sars_notd_virus
20th June 2010, 15:28
A legal requirement, I should be grateful if you could quote the actual law which says that.

Legal Mandate

The work of CFO is guided by the following laws and executive and administrative orders:
Batas Pambansa Bilang 79. An Act Creating the Commission on Filipinos Overseas and for Other Purposes (June 16, 1980)
Executive Order No. 728. Retaining The Commission on Filipinos Overseas Under the Office of the President as a Critical Agency, Designating the Members of the Commission and Providing for the Organizational Guidelines of the Secretariat of the Commission (September 12, 1981)
Executive Order No. 938. Establishing the Overseas Offices of the Commission on Filipinos Overseas Pursuant to Section 4 of Batas Pambansa Blg. 79 (March 2, 1984)
Executive Order No. 498. Institutionalizing the Presidential Awards For Filipino Individuals And Organizations Overseas (December 19, 1991)
Administrative Order No. 242. Further Reconstituting the Exchange Visitors Program Committee and Redefining its Functions (January 17, 1996)
Executive Order No. 346. Amending Executive Orders No. 728 and 938, Redefining the Organizational Structure, Functional Thrusts and Providing for the Operational Guidelines of the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (June 14, 1996)
Executive Order No. 252. Establishing the Inter-Agency Committee on Philippine Schools Overseas, Defining its Composition, Structure, and Functions (May 5, 2000)
Executive Order No. 343. Transferring the Commission on Filipinos Overseas from the Department of Foreign Affairs to the Office of the President (August 5, 2004)
Executive Order No. 373. Reorganizing the Composition of the Commission on Filipinos Overseas Under the Office of the President (October 18, 2004)
Executive Order No. 457. Designating the Commission on Filipinos Overseas as the Lead Agency for the Commemoration of the Centennial of Filipino Migration to Hawaii (August 23, 2005)
Executive Order No. 550. Creating the Presidential Task Force NCLEX and addressing Concerns Arising from the Possible Conduct of NCLEX in the Philippines (July 31, 2006
Executive Order No. 548. Creating a Task Force Against Illegal Recruitment Under the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (August 1, 2006)
Executive Order 548-A. Creating the Presidential Task Force Against Human Trafficking (February 9, 2007)

you have a lot to read now mr johncar....
and for your info,we need this cfo sticker and registration,so we have to do it right

johncar54
20th June 2010, 16:32
sars_notd_virus

I have read quite a lot about the functions of CFO and had lengthy exchanges with them, but I do not recall seeing, nor for that matter being told by the senior people I have exchanged mails with, that it was that law.

Thanks for the direct lift from the web page but as you said, 'Its the law that the questions MUST be answered,' please humour me and point to the specific reference, which I assume you were relying on, when you said it.

Thanks

Notavirusalso
21st June 2010, 21:46
sars_notd_virus

I have read quite a lot about the functions of CFO and had lengthy exchanges with them, but I do not recall seeing, nor for that matter being told by the senior people I have exchanged mails with, that it was that law.

Thanks for the direct lift from the web page but as you said, 'Its the law that the questions MUST be answered,' please humour me and point to the specific reference, which I assume you were relying on, when you said it.

Thanks

http://www.irinnews.org/Report.aspx?ReportId=85378

whats you problem ? stop being so pedantic, Mari is trying to help others, If you have a diffrent opinion on the facts just say so, dont attack her.

johncar54
22nd June 2010, 05:50
Notavirusalso. Sorry but you seem not to have read the whole thread.

My first post was :-

"Don't worry too much about knowing the correct answers. The person questioning you does not know the answer either so you can say anything you choose."

That was intended to inform interviewees that they did not have to get worried that they may not know every intimate detail of their spouse's life history.

It was this simple remark, intended to be helpful, which was criticised. I accept that I should have just ignored that 'unhelpful comment' on my post

donnabelvaldeo
30th June 2010, 20:04
congratulations, mari!

See you soon here in England, hehehe!

IainBusby
30th June 2010, 20:30
"Don't worry too much about knowing the correct answers. The person questioning you does not know the answer either so you can say anything you choose." :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you don't know the answer just blag it. Give them a plausible answer (any answer) without too much hesitation and you'll sail through it. Most of the questions they ask have no bearing on anything, if they did then they would know the correct answers before they asked the questions.

fred
1st July 2010, 01:39
Notavirusalso. Sorry but you seem not to have read the whole thread.

My first post was :-

"Don't worry too much about knowing the correct answers. The person questioning you does not know the answer either so you can say anything you choose."

That was intended to inform interviewees that they did not have to get worried that they may not know every intimate detail of their spouse's life history.

It was this simple remark, intended to be helpful, which was criticised. I accept that I should have just ignored that 'unhelpful comment' on my post

John..
Dont worry..You are definitely not alone with that opinion. To me the whole thing is a pointless exercise run by those that really couldnt care less about their so called fellow Kababayans.. Like anything here in the P.I,its just another fund raising exercise.

Glad I was never made to jump through those hoops. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

-sillybilly-
1st July 2010, 02:33
No CFO Certificate, No CFO Sticker...your are not getting your flight mate, no matter how many entry clearance you have.
Its now the law of the Philippine Immigration and we all have to deal with it.

Here are few the questions they will ask you...

When, where and how did you meet your fiance/husband:

If divorce you need to show them the copy..or atleast a copy from the british embassy of your local CNI.

You need to provide details of your fiance/husband like home address, work address, contact numbers. In case something happened thats why they wonna keep a record.

And if he has been in the Philippines. If yes then show some few photos of you together.

Thats all they will ask..no more other questions. They know its not their business to ask further than that. They know their limitations.

-sillybilly-
1st July 2010, 02:43
Doesnt really matter what they asked you as long as you have filled out the application form correctly and it matches your answer during your interview...its up to you to make a story:D.
The only thing they will ask you more is when you give them a doubtful information.

DFA will not accept your application to get a new passport, renewal or change of name if you do not have a CFO certificate of Guidance and Counselling.

marlyn&kenny
1st July 2010, 04:51
To me the whole thing is a pointless exercise run by those that really couldnt care less about their so called fellow Kababayans.. Like anything here in the P.I,its just another fund raising exercise.
Exactly what i thought!:xxgrinning--00xx3: just another way of getting money!!!!!!!!!!!!:censored::cwm23:

johncar54
1st July 2010, 08:01
[B]DFA will not accept your application to get a new passport, renewal or change of name if you do not have a CFO certificate of Guidance and Counselling.

My wife changed the name on her passport at the P.I. consulate in Madrid without that cert. So maybe the requirement is 'flexible.'

johncar54
1st July 2010, 08:11
If we accept that the whole CFO process is to assist and protect Filipinos, then why, when the foreign spouse is in Phil are they are kept waiting outside? Surely, if the interviewer could meet the spouse they could be even more sure that the Filipino is not being exploited. However, I suspect that that would lead to the foreigners questioning why they or the partners should be obliged to answer questions which would probably be prohibited in many countries, including UK, under the various Data Protection Laws.

I am all for the highest level of protection being available for citizens but I strongly object to any form of coercion. Thus the attendance should be voluntary.

If the service was accepted as being useful and important the up-take would be high.

I suspect that at present almost no one would attend if given the choice.

-sillybilly-
1st July 2010, 09:30
My wife changed the name on her passport at the P.I. consulate in Madrid without that cert. So maybe the requirement is 'flexible.'

It only applies if you are in the Philippines to women applying for their passport using their foreign spouse names. And all are required before they leave the country.

IainBusby
1st July 2010, 10:10
If divorce you need to show them the copy..or atleast a copy from the british embassy of your local CNI.

If you've already managed to produce all of things required to get a marriage licence at the local courthouse or wherever and actually get married, ie birth certificate, CNI, divorce decree etc, then why the hell do they need you to produce them as well.

Thats all they will ask..no more other questions. They know its not their business to ask further than that. They know their limitations.

Wrong, we have heard from many on this forum who said that they were asked questions such as what is your husband or fiance's mothers maiden name etc etc.

sars_notd_virus
1st July 2010, 10:44
If we accept that the whole CFO process is to assist and protect Filipinos, then why, when the foreign spouse is in Phil are they are kept waiting outside? Surely, if the interviewer could meet the spouse they could be even more sure that the Filipino is not being exploited. However, I suspect that that would lead to the foreigners questioning why they or the partners should be obliged to answer questions which would probably be prohibited in many countries, including UK, under the various Data Protection Laws.

I am all for the highest level of protection being available for citizens but I strongly object to any form of coercion. Thus the attendance should be voluntary.

If the service was accepted as being useful and important the up-take would be high.

I suspect that at present almost no one would attend if given the choice.

Hummm ok. you know the data protection act is there to protect the criminals thats why the eu and the uk gov. love it so much as it protects their sleazy friends in the banks. if you dont like the cfo don't use them and don't leave the country,easy your problem solved,:xxgrinning--00xx3:
The cfo cost 400php and I also gained good information from them, they also checked the paperwork to make sure that everything was in order for my benefit aswell, while the CNI cost 4500php and took them 5 secs to copy the uk one which cost £30 now thats a rip off they did no checks all the they do is copy the information and put a stamp on it and post it...as the question they ask are intrusive "have you been married before?" is surely against the data protection act and against your human rights, so that should be voluntary, now i am guessing that if people had a choice then they also wouldnt attend that ?
On the governments idea of citizen protection I am fairly happy that foreigners can not just pile in to our country and buy what ever property or business they want after all what government would allow that ? ? ? ?

johncar54
1st July 2010, 12:51
Sars, sorry did you intend to constructively comment on what I said or make a personal attack on me ?

If the former, ok if the latter, Why?

Quote Hummm ok. you know the data protection act is there to protect the criminals thats why the eu and the uk gov. love it so much as it protects their sleazy friends in the banks. if you dont like the cfo don't use them and don't

I am sorry but that seems to me to be offensive and totally out of place.

The data protection laws are there to protect the human rights of everyone living in their jurisdictions, that include visitors as well as citizens. They help to prevent people in 'authority' asking unnecessary intrusive questions which they have no right to ask. That would include details of ones family's antecedents.

johncar54
1st July 2010, 12:58
It only applies if you are in the Philippines to women applying for their passport using their foreign spouse names. And all are required before they leave the country.

That seems a little ambiguous.

My wife left the Philippines using her passport, in her maiden name, although we were married and travelling together. She of course had an exit stamp.

I suspect that if a person is travelling with a westerner they maybe less likely to attract problems.

johncar54
1st July 2010, 12:58

My wife left the Philippines using her passport, in her maiden name, although we were married and travelling together. She of course had an exit stamp.

I suspect that if a person is travelling with a westerner they maybe less likely to attract problems.

Notavirusalso
1st July 2010, 15:25
This is the visa thread, as it is kinda factual then that is the information we passed on. I don't see how telling people to lie is helpfull, or moaning about if it is fair or not, I think that should be in the loose chat thread where I would happily discuss the merits of human rights.

bornatbirth
1st July 2010, 21:08
cant see the point of the cfo myself or the questions you need to answer, my wife phoned me and asked what my mothers maiden name was, why!, how will that help her?

its funny that if you get asked something and dont know the answer that you can just make it up and nobody is the wiser must be a philipino thing :Erm:

Notavirusalso
1st July 2010, 22:32
its 400php just do it the best you can and humour them, not worth getting upset about as there are worse things that seem pointless and cost more

-sillybilly-
1st July 2010, 22:35
cant see the point of the cfo myself or the questions you need to answer, my wife phoned me and asked what my mothers maiden name was, why!, how will that help her?

its funny that if you get asked something and dont know the answer that you can just make it up and nobody is the wiser must be a philipino thing :Erm:

I remember now why they ask for your mother's maiden name. Its because english names have almost the same names and they can only recognize the exactly you from your mom's maiden name. Ex; john davies but they actually have different mother's maiden name.
And the reason why they ask so many questions to other applicants is because of the age gap. This is what we were told why they ask questions as such and such.
And if they could not provide any information about their fiance/husband they will ask you to ring them and ask.
Otherwise they will schedule you for another session. this is just based on my experience!
But they did not question me any further as i have all the details.

sars_notd_virus
1st July 2010, 22:56
my wife phoned me and asked what my mothers maiden name was, why!, how will that help her?

i believe your wife got a copy of your birth certificate before the 2 of you got married???( your mums maiden name is in your birth certificate)..its good checking all your documents before lodging it saves time and hassle and will not cost much trouble saying 'i dont know':rolleyes:

-sillybilly-
1st July 2010, 22:59
If you've already managed to produce all of things required to get a marriage licence at the local courthouse or wherever and actually get married, ie birth certificate, CNI, divorce decree etc, then why the hell do they need you to produce them as well.

Wrong, we have heard from many on this forum who said that they were asked questions such as what is your husband or fiance's mothers maiden name etc etc.

O well, Sorry! i just probably forgot to put it on my thread. YES INDEED. They will ask what is your husband's mother's maiden name...and further questions if they have a serious age gap. The reason why they asked is because english names have almost the same names ex: John Hayes. They can only identify whos who and which one's which with their mother's maiden name. You must understand that Philippines are really good in doing such fake documents and applications thats why they are just being tight and strict.

If applicants listened very well to the seminar then they would understand why there were being questioned and be able to explain to their husband properly so husbands wouldnt misunderstand what we have to go through before getting or applying for the visa. Why do we need to provide these details. Its not for them its for us. They just wonna protect and maybe can help you one day. You never know.

It doesnt really matter if they questions such and such. Then prove to the CFO you have a serious and genuine relationship with your fiance/husband.

There has been lots of complains ive heard but still these people went through it. Even myself kept moaning why do i have to do this....but if i dont then they wont let me change my passport's name.
Ive just done it first week of june so i guess nothing has changed with the policy. And all these are based from my experiences.

-sillybilly-
1st July 2010, 23:13

Your wife is using her old passport and did not go through the new system and policy law of the DFA.

IainBusby
2nd July 2010, 09:15
Hummm ok. you know the data protection act is there to protect the criminals thats why the eu and the uk gov. love it so much as it protects their sleazy friends in the banks. if you dont like the cfo don't use them and don't leave the country,easy your problem solved,:xxgrinning--00xx3:
The cfo cost 400php and I also gained good information from them, they also checked the paperwork to make sure that everything was in order for my benefit aswell, while the CNI cost 4500php and took them 5 secs to copy the uk one which cost £30 now thats a rip off they did no checks all the they do is copy the information and put a stamp on it and post it...as the question they ask are intrusive "have you been married before?" is surely against the data protection act and against your human rights, so that should be voluntary, now i am guessing that if people had a choice then they also wouldnt attend that ?
On the governments idea of citizen protection I am fairly happy that foreigners can not just pile in to our country and buy what ever property or business they want after all what government would allow that ? ? ? ?

By doing this they discourage tourism and inward investment in the Philippines which is to the detriment of the Filipino people and the politicians there don't support these laws for the benefit of the average Filipino, but for vested interests and their own benefit because all of the politicians in Phils belong (directly or indirectly) to one another of the 2 or 3 very powerful dynastic families who control everything in the Philippines.

IainBusby
2nd July 2010, 09:27
There has been lots of complains ive heard but still these people went through it. Even myself kept moaning why do i have to do this.

I think the thing that bugs most people about it is there seems to be no set framework for the interview part of the CFO seminar. This gives the impression that the women who work there make up the rules themselves about what they expect a wife or fiancee to know about their husband or fiance or what they are expected to know about their husband or fiance's family members and there also seems to be no absolute list of documents etc that the wife or fiancee may be asked to produce.

-sillybilly-
2nd July 2010, 11:09
I think the thing that bugs most people about it is there seems to be no set framework for the interview part of the CFO seminar. This gives the impression that the women who work there make up the rules themselves about what they expect a wife or fiancee to know about their husband or fiance or what they are expected to know about their husband or fiance's family members and there also seems to be no absolute list of documents etc that the wife or fiancee may be asked to produce.

Thats why everybody must be prepared aswell as with the documents from every single details of fiance or husband.
So incase these people doubts a relationship...atleast you got it all with you and thell them..."here you are, anymore questions?":D:D

malditako
2nd July 2010, 11:24

same with me john..change my name last 2008...they never ask for cfo certificate what i just submitted is our marriage contract and old passport...well of course i have attended that cfo thing before i left the country...what i can say is..they never met my expectations on what to get from training. I must say they need to hire more qualify individual to do the counselling...and goodness sake can they offer more than just watching a very old video film...haisss :NoNo:

not worth a penny and time....they only bring more stress and paper works

-sillybilly-
2nd July 2010, 11:40
same with me john..change my name last 2008...they never ask for cfo certificate what i just submitted is our marriage contract and old passport...well of course i have attended that cfo thing before i left the country...what i can say is..they never met my expectations on what to get from training. I must say they need to hire more qualify individual to do the counselling...and goodness sake can they offer more than just watching a very old video film...haisss :NoNo:

not worth a penny and time....they only bring more stress and paper works

and scare the pinays of meeting foreign guys!
Mind you there was once who quited going abroad to join her fiance because of watching those films....
trying to discourage filipino women...? huh!

johncar54
2nd July 2010, 17:22
Quite apart from the reason (to in theory protect Filipinos when they are in another country) if a western country had a similar process they would be taken to the court of human rights. If my country did anything to stop me marrying the person I choose or anything to prevent me from leaving my country to live with her I would raise the roof.

The problem here seems to be that many Filipinos have not have sufficient experience of being a democracy, i.e. living in a place where they have basic human rights and can demand to know where any person in authority, who wants to ask them anything, get the right, in law, to do so.

I am not criticising how things are done in Phil just that I do not believe any other government in the civilised world would even try to
get away with what they do get away with.

malditako
2nd July 2010, 17:34
Quite apart from the reason (to in theory protect Filipinos when they are in another country) if a western country had a similar process they would be taken to the court of human rights. If my country did anything to stop me marrying the person I choose or anything to prevent me from leaving my country to live with her I would raise the roof.

The problem here seems to be that many Filipinos have not have sufficient experience of being a democracy, i.e. living in a place where they have basic human rights and can demand to know where any person in authority, who wants to ask them anything, get the right, in law, to do so.

I am not criticising how things are done in Phil just that I do not believe any other government in the civilised world would even try to
get away with what they do get away with.

got ur point :xxgrinning--00xx3:...indeed a useless law and time wasting counselling...for those who will be getting their CFO sticker dont forget to give ur comments and suggestions...as i did ( told them they need a lot of improvements, on people who give the counseling, with the materials and topics)....i remember during my one on one counseling...she supposed to give me some tips and advice but she end up listening and amaze to my story...:icon_lol: